**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My 15th 6*...

Stark154667Stark154667 Posts: 1,151 ★★★★
Don’t know how to feel really...

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I actually quite like him. Heals are super nice and rotation and animations are smoother than ip's voice
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021

Terra said:

A great if underestimated pull. While he's not as strong as he used to be, he can still pull his weight in particular matchups. His armor phase allows him to tank sp3s, and his stable nature allows him to be a path clearer with his Regen, and his fury damage is quite nice.
    His synergys also make him a monster if used correctly.
    His rotations are quite simple, since his phases are timed. For ex, for his first rotations (usually at the start of a match) you won't have enough power to fire the sp2 off (his main damage source) before the fury buff falls off. That will have to wait until his second rotation of buffs.
    His armor phase makes him surprisingly durable on blocked and taken hits. The percentage of it I'm blanking on atm but it's a pretty high number from the damage reduction I've tested with him receiving attacks in and out of armor phase.
    His special 2 also allows for placing debuffs depending on what phase you're in. Armor phase places weakness, Fury places armor break, and Healthsteal phase gives him a chance to nullify, without him needing his dupe ability. His dupe ability is basically a constant % chance of nullification so it's gonna happen sooner or later, the higher chance the more sigs he has.
    He's certainly underused, which is why when I get my T5CC mystic cat he's going to r3.

@Terra thanks for the breakdown on his rotation, I really appreciate you taking the time to write the out. Would you recommend any synergy team?
    Outside of the basic health/armor/crit/attack synergies, he has a few interesting ones.
    One he has with BWCV allows his final hit of sp2 to have a 50% stun chance.
    One with Mephisto allows his life steal phase to heal him 70% more which is massive.
    Another with Silver Surfer increases the potency of Stranges blessings by 25% which is a really good boost.
    Sorcerer Supreme has a prowess synergy with Strange which buffs his special damage even more.
    One with Sym Supreme allows Strange to deal 50% of his base attack every time he nullifies a buff. As for team composition, Mephisto is often one of the best synergies he has. Beyond that, I can't advise more than just checking what you're up against.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Atleast he floats...

You'll float too.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Atleast he floats...

You'll float too.
    I'd prefer to walk and run on the ground thanks
    edited January 2021

Terra said:

A great if underestimated pull. While he's not as strong as he used to be, he can still pull his weight in particular matchups. His armor phase allows him to tank sp3s, and his stable nature allows him to be a path clearer with his Regen, and his fury damage is quite nice.
    His synergys also make him a monster if used correctly.
    His rotations are quite simple, since his phases are timed. For ex, for his first rotations (usually at the start of a match) you won't have enough power to fire the sp2 off (his main damage source) before the fury buff falls off. That will have to wait until his second rotation of buffs.
    His armor phase makes him surprisingly durable on blocked and taken hits. The percentage of it I'm blanking on atm but it's a pretty high number from the damage reduction I've tested with him receiving attacks in and out of armor phase.
    His special 2 also allows for placing debuffs depending on what phase you're in. Armor phase places weakness, Fury places armor break, and Healthsteal phase gives him a chance to nullify, without him needing his dupe ability. His dupe ability is basically a constant % chance of nullification so it's gonna happen sooner or later, the higher chance the more sigs he has.
    He's certainly underused, which is why when I get my T5CC mystic cat he's going to r3.

What is that Pi doe
    Bad masteries, plus Stranges PI isn't that high
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I feel like he'd be pretty high on the list for buffs. DS needs that RMags buff to properly respect his comic counterpart.
    CGR2020 said:

I feel like he'd be pretty high on the list for buffs. DS needs that RMags buff to properly respect his comic counterpart.

I'll do you one better on a mystic overhaul:
    Juggernaut
    Jane Foster pls
    CGR2020 said:

CGR2020 said:

Juggernaut
    Jane Foster pls
    At least Jane Foster is a killer on stunned targets when awakened. Juggs can't do almost anything.
    What, you don't like S T A G G E R?
    CGR2020 said:

CGR2020 said:

Juggernaut
    Jane Foster pls
    At least Jane Foster is a killer on stunned targets when awakened. Juggs can't do almost anything.
    But she needs dupe for that (my 6 star isn't duped) and her stuns are too short
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    CGR2020 said:

CGR2020 said:

Juggernaut
    Jane Foster pls
    My biggest beef with stun chaining champs is when they don't have natural power gain mitigation. It's why I really like the Gambit buff. That kinda thing should be standard design.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,807 ★★★★★

CGR2020 said:

CGR2020 said:

Juggernaut
    Jane Foster pls
    My biggest beef with stun chaining champs is when they don't have natural power gain mitigation. It's why I really like the Gambit buff. That kinda thing should be standard design.
    Agreed, that’s the biggest flaw to ThorJF design.
    You end up loading the opponent with power, through her stun chain. Her shock stuns should be paralyze instead 😉
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Atleast he floats...

You'll float too.
    I'd prefer to walk and run on the ground thanks
    It was an it reference.
  • I haven’t seen Dr Strange hype in awhile, but I must say, he sounds great according to you guys, but I don’t have him past 3*. Besides, He sounds great, but compared to half the other champs at least, he is still very weak in terms of usability. TJF, IF, Juggs, and DS all need good buffs. I agree with this thread, but he still is bad in current meta.

I haven’t seen Dr Strange hype in awhile, but I must say, he sounds great according to you guys, but I don’t have him past 3*. Besides, He sounds great, but compared to half the other champs at least, he is still very weak in terms of usability. TJF, IF, Juggs, and DS all need good buffs. I agree with this thread, but he still is bad in current meta.

Pre 12.0 he was one of the strongest champs in the game, he was used everywhere. Post 12.0 he is what he is today. That's why most overlook him today. He's still solid.