**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Professor X silently nerfed

Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
edited January 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
So after fighting Stryfe and then other champs with the new “Psychic Shielding” tag, I found that champs with that tag (Stryfe, both Mags, Jugs, UC, Sinister and Prof X himself) are treated basically as tech champions when fighting them using Prof X. This means that he gains no vigilance passive at 25+ charges (which first tipped me off to this since I tried and failed using Prof X to bypass falter from Stryfe’s node in EQ), and he loses a lot more power after using specials during mind control.

It’s a mechanic that I guess makes sense logically, but I gotta say I’m not a fan of Kabam introducing new mechanics in the game that nerf characters with no announcement. This champion tag may be a small pool, but what’s to stop Kabam from suddenly saying Quake can’t cause earthquakes/aftershocks against #Flying champs one day. Or whatever other tag-based nerf that’s introduced and that affects basically just one champ, well after that champ is introduced in the game. Just not a cool practice.

Anyhow, just thought you’d all want to know. If somebody has already seen Kabam announce this then please correct me.

Comments

• Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    Why did this get moved to bugs/issues and with half most of the comments deleted? I’m not saying it’s a bug but I am letting people know about it.
    HI_guys said:

It's not a nerf if it existed since the beginning. But seriously this is such a huge impact on his playstyle that they have to make this clearer in his abilities

It didn’t exist in the beginning. It only exists now, as of yesterday. I used Prof X all the time against Mags and Jugs before and it wasn’t like this
  • Danyal_39Danyal_39 Posts: 151

HI_guys said:

It's not a nerf if it existed since the beginning. But seriously this is such a huge impact on his playstyle that they have to make this clearer in his abilities

It didn’t exist in the beginning. It only exists now, as of yesterday. I used Prof X all the time against Mags and Jugs before and it wasn’t like this
    Oh, It's really a bad news as I thought to use my Professor X against Stryfe boss. I also don't have any other miss counter. Have Stealthy but his slow won't trigger against Stryfe. Now that fight's gonna be horrible.
  • Danyal_39Danyal_39 Posts: 151

HI_guys said:

Anyway thanks for informing.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

So after fighting Stryfe and then other champs with the new “Psychic Shielding” tag, I found that champs with that tag (Stryfe, both Mags, Jugs, UC, Sinister and Prof X himself) are treated basically as tech champions when fighting them using Prof X. This means that he gains no vigilance passive at 25+ charges (which first tipped me off to this since I tried and failed using Prof X to bypass falter from Stryfe’s node in EQ), and he loses a lot more power after using specials during mind control.

It’s a mechanic that I guess makes sense logically, but I gotta say I’m not a fan of Kabam introducing new mechanics in the game that nerf characters with no announcement. This champion tag may be a small pool, but what’s to stop Kabam from suddenly saying Quake can’t cause earthquakes/aftershocks against #Flying champs one day. Or whatever other tag-based nerf that’s introduced and that affects basically just one champ, well after that champ is introduced in the game. Just not a cool practice.

Anyhow, just thought you’d all want to know. If somebody has already seen Kabam announce this then please correct me.

Those champs had that effect when Prof X was introduced. How is it a silent nerf?

Those champs had that effect when Prof X was introduced. How is it a silent nerf?
    I used Prof X all the time and no those champs didn’t have that effect. Only since this week’s update.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    That Tag didn‘t exist before, yeah. But these Champs always had Mind Control stuff and were immune against reversed controls (Magneto, Sinister, UC, Prof. X himself, Mysterio with Emma Syn, ...).

So I would turn it the other way around. Professor X wasn‘t nerfed, he was stronger/not working as intended before. He never should have worked against those Champs due to their Char/Lore abilities. They just fixed what they screwed up before.
    WOLF_LINK said:

That Tag didn‘t exist before, yeah. But these Champs always had Mind Control stuff and were immune against reversed controls (Magneto, Sinister, UC, Prof. X himself, Mysterio with Emma Syn, ...).

So I would turn it the other way around. Professor X wasn‘t nerfed, he was stronger/not working as intended before. He never should have worked against those Champs due to their Char/Lore abilities. They just fixed what they screwed up before.

Lol sure. Call it what you want. A nerf, a correction, whatever. As I said before, it is a feature that makes sense - my beef is that Kabam makes these changes with no announcement and no update to his abilities screen.
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    edited January 2021
    Danyal_39 said:

Oh, It's really a bad news as I thought to use my Professor X against Stryfe boss. I also don't have any other miss counter. Have Stealthy but his slow won't trigger against Stryfe. Now that fight's gonna be horrible.

Magneto. 15 hits to beat Stryfe in Cavalier.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Man_Bat said:

Danyal_39 said:

Magneto. 15 hits to beat Stryfe in Cavalier.
    Magneto's probably the best Stryfe Counter, Magnitized And Psychic Shielding active... Don't even have to pay mind to his Miss Abilities, then of course Magneto's Insane Damage against Metal Champions overall.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Prof X doesn't have the Psychic Shielding tag???? is that why he can't counter the miss effect from Stryfe???

Prof X doesn't have the Psychic Shielding tag???? is that why he can't counter the miss effect from Stryfe???

No, Prof X does have the tag. The issue is that suddenly, when facing opponents with the new Psychic Shielding tag, he doesn’t gain vigilance and his specials cost more power during mind control. Basically the same effects as if he were fighting techs. Obviously before the tag, Prof X had these abilities against these champs, but when the tag was introduced Kabam didn’t bother updating or announcing how it would affect Prof X.