**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Aspect of Nightmares needs to be fixed.

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
Seriously, this node is crappy:

1) it should state "attackers degenerate 50% of their MAX hp", because that's what happens when you face that node
2) the node itself requires you to bring champs with over 50% of their max hp, else they die. That is pretty stupid, a bit like the 5.2.5 Mordo, although not nearly as bad. You shouldn't be forced to bring certainly healed champs, especially when the base revives are 40% of max hp and potions have pretty bad value
3) this one is on me probably, but wasn't the node originally "50% of your CURRENT hp"? I think it used to be that way, correct me if I am wrong.

One way or another, I think this node should be looked on. Your opinion?

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    I can confirm.
    It really need to be current hp.

No. It’s great as is, and I use it for free healing. Your change would make it worse.

It ends with no bonus health
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

No. It’s great as is, and I use it for free healing. Your change would make it worse.

wdym free healing you just gain back the health the node made you lose
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021

It's not free healing since you regen everything that you degenerate back. It other words, no health was lost.

Edit: I'm wrong (kinda)
    It seems if you have the recovery mastery, you end up with more health, which makes sense and is something I didn't even think about
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    edited January 2021
    With recovery mastery I get free healing each time. With namor, ghost, Luke cage, magik, cmm you can get a lot more, up to 50% max health. I love these nodes, they always help me out.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

It definitely does if you use the right champ. Both CMM and Ghost can basically use that node to get back to full health from 50%

Crcrcrc said:

It definitely does if you use the right champ. Both CMM and Ghost can basically use that node to get back to full health from 50%
    I meant for 95% of characters if you don't have recovery

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

I meant for 95% of characters if you don't have recovery
    So use the other 5%, go in with over 50%, and/or use recovery. This is one of the last nodes that needs any adjustment
    I'm not saying it needs adjustment, I'm saying it's not the huge benefit you make it out to be. I don't use corvus on long fights, I don't like ghost, and I don't have cmm. So I need a champ above 50% health.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Any above 50% health character except DDHK should be unaffected or even positively affected by the node. The should add a word to the description but it’s never bothered me before.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

It's not free healing since you regen everything that you degenerate back. It other words, no health was lost.

Edit: I'm wrong (kinda)
    It seems if you have the recovery mastery, you end up with more health, which makes sense and is something I didn't even think about
    If you have a champ that cannot die, such as corvus, and he is currently below 50% max health, he will still gain 50% health once the timer expires.
    Yeah there's that as well.

Certainly there are champions that can get around it and take advantage. My comment was under the assumption that the champion starts with an x amount of health that's above 50%, with no other factors at play.

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Crcrcrc said:

recovery mastery
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

They have to clear up a bunch of node description to be Accurate. Didnt they only recently fix the description of Arc overload. That node has been there for ages

yeah a lot of old nodes need to be updated. they did a good job with the enhanced special and energize nodes
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    The one that heals my Corvus to 50% and my CMM an extra 50% in Incursions? I'll take it as is, thanks. 😂

All it requires is that you have a single champ above 50% health and honestly, you're not ready for Legendary difficulty if you can't meet that requirement in this quest. I'm s one of the easiest side quests we've had in a long time.