**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing your first Experience with 6-Star Champions: The Boss Rush Challenge! [UPDATED Oct 17]

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    The roster for this challenge should've been garbage champs no one wants with adrenaline activated and maybe some unique ability additions as well to show the community that when you finally open a 6* there is some chance of actually wanting what you end up with.

It's also good to see that our 4* roster will still be useful when 6* are introduced*

*That's a joke.

• WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    edited October 2017
    R4GE wrote: »
    I don't disagree and I'm not opposing a single argument in this thread.

All I'm pointing out is that everything we think is as it should be always changes. 12.0 changed everything as we thought it "should" be. If not for that big change this conversation of challenger rating wouldn't exist. Than AW changed and we have a 1million page thread arguing this isn't as it "should" be. Now this?

So many changes keep happening and while we are left in the dark waiting for answers we choose to bicker, debate, and fight other players over opinions.

I may be totally off base here, but I got a "msg within the msg" from @R4GE last comment. If I'm right about it, I have to agree....... We should not be arguing amongst ourselves and really need to combine our voices into one powerful enough that it cannot be ignored...enough is enough. Lets calmly ignore who choose to constantly argue the majority views and allow them to disrupt our voices no longer.
  • DannyJayyDannyJayy Posts: 32
    I like the game. A lot. And, over the past 2 years I’ve invested more time and money than any healthy person would, all the while telling myself that bugs would be fixed in a reasonable timeframe and that loyal players would be rewarded for their dedication (illness?, suckeritis?). Then announcements like this one prompt rationality to come crashing through. Thanks so much for that! I’d say that I usually like to get kissed before I get F’ed, but that’d be trite. So I won’t. But, for the record, I do.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Morgan wrote: »
    Actually that's exactly why, from my perspective. ;)

Let me tell you just a quick easy example to let you understand how effed up the "current" situation is.

A maxed rank 1 6* (1/30? 1/35?) without any resources spent into it will equal in strenght and CR a fully ranked 4/55 r4 5 star champion. Which takes 12 t4b, 6t4c catalists, and horrendous amount of gold, and about what, 6 months to achieve if you're averagly lucky.

Now aside from the fact they're cutting their own balls like that, how do you call it fair?

I already discussed this in another Thread, so I will reiterate it here, but I'm not going to go much further because I think there is too much hyperfocus on the aspect of the CR, and we don't know Base Stats and other information.
    The deviation between a 6* R1, as explained, is one CR above a 4* Max/5* R3. That's a relatively small deviation. In order to provide more challenging content, there has to be more challenge. Does it make it impossible to take down a 6* R1 with a 4* Max? No. Just slightly more difficult. Which is understandable because we won't expect to take a Roster of 4*s in to battle 6*s and have them perform the same as 5*s. The comparison given is with a 5* R4. When the Resources arrive to Max a 5*, that will place it one CR above a 6*.
    Now, what that means is 4*s will be less effective against 6* content. Which is as much as can be expected. Presumably, 6* content will be aimed towards those with more developed Rosters. Not all things in the game are meant to be beaten by all people. As with many things, it means we will have to build and work towards it. Is it fair? Yes. That's how the game works. There's a general misconception that we must be able to beat everything that comes, and we must be prepared when it's released. The reality is the addition will be gradual and allow people to work towards something. That's how we've gotten to where we are now. I won't go much more into it than that because CR is a small factor, and we don't have all the variables. It's not as extreme as it seems, and that's my view.
    I don't agree with much of that statement so I'm going to move on.
    edited October 2017
    Believe me, I never run out of words. I try to edit arguments as much as I can. This one is not going anywhere.
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    No 4* awakening gem crystal as reward!
  • At least the rewards should like 20% of 6* shards
  • @GroundedWisdom I see what you said about more challenging content...but I think you missed the point!Our fear IS NOT that 6* will be too tough to beat...thats fine and logical,and yes we all want new greater challenges!Our fear is that all the hard work we've put will be gone,because having a 6* being greater without any resources needed than a 5* 4/55 that as @Morgan explained needs 12t4b,6t4cc and 4t2a(which Morgan forgot to mention...) and tons of gold and iso is just insane,and makes you think if there is any point any longer to rank up those 5*,and makes you question if your roster is as good as you thought any longer!

To explain a little better if 6* followed the logical progress as 4* and 5* then they would still be greater than every previous champ,but they would need to rank them up which will need time,effort and resources.So it would be challenging and also make you think whether you should use those resources to your favourite 5*(and get him to r4/r5) or to the 6*.Also to make it clear again with the logical progression,6* at rank3 they would still be equal(and maybe a little better) to a maxed out 5*(which does not even exist yet) and from rank4 already they would be greater(clearly greater as 4/55 5* to 5/50 4*) than 5* and even greater at rank5....
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    No new title?

Something like: "The Mighty" Rare Title - Conquered the Boss Rush Challenge (10/18/17-10/??/17).
    LeonBeni93 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom I see what you said about more challenging content...but I think you missed the point!Our fear IS NOT that 6* will be too tough to beat...thats fine and logical,and yes we all want new greater challenges!Our fear is that all the hard work we've put will be gone,because having a 6* being greater without any resources needed than a 5* 4/55 that as @Morgan explained needs 12t4b,6t4cc and 4t2a(which Morgan forgot to mention...) and tons of gold and iso is just insane,and makes you think if there is any point any longer to rank up those 5*,and makes you question if your roster is as good as you thought any longer!

To explain a little better if 6* followed the logical progress as 4* and 5* then they would still be greater than every previous champ,but they would need to rank them up which will need time,effort and resources.So it would be challenging and also make you think whether you should use those resources to your favourite 5*(and get him to r4/r5) or to the 6*.Also to make it clear again with the logical progression,6* at rank3 they would still be equal(and maybe a little better) to a maxed out 5*(which does not even exist yet) and from rank4 already they would be greater(clearly greater as 4/55 5* to 5/50 4*) than 5* and even greater at rank5....

I think that's jumping the gun. It will be a long time before 6*s are so common that it's not worth Ranking 5*s. They're not going to be circulating that much at first. A 5* R5 will have the same CR as a 6* R2. These changes are going to span over time. It's not as if the game will be filled with 6*s overnight. Which is what I've maintained since the 6* Announcement. They're long-term plans. With these things come the means to grow naturally. Growth takes Resources and time. As much as I admire the drive to advance, I think the anticipation has expectations too far into the future. Now, perhaps Resources will be made more available in the near future. I just don't believe that the release of 6*s is going to make everyone's Roster obsolete. The majority of people won't even have a 6* at first, much less enough of a Roster to be concerned about that.
  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    LeonBeni93 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom I see what you said about more challenging content...but I think you missed the point!Our fear IS NOT that 6* will be too tough to beat...thats fine and logical,and yes we all want new greater challenges!Our fear is that all the hard work we've put will be gone,because having a 6* being greater without any resources needed than a 5* 4/55 that as @Morgan explained needs 12t4b,6t4cc and 4t2a(which Morgan forgot to mention...) and tons of gold and iso is just insane,and makes you think if there is any point any longer to rank up those 5*,and makes you question if your roster is as good as you thought any longer!

Its actually 12t4b, 7t4c and 4t2a. Not to mention the 16 t1a you need as well as the obscene amount of gold it costs to rank them up
  • jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 480
    Thebgj wrote: »
    Sounds fun

I agree I'm using beast with crit synergy
    DalBot wrote: »
    Sounds like a half-hearted attempt to bash us over the head with no meaningful rewards. Why am I not surprised?

But hey, a 4* crystal for beating 6* champs! Way to make it worthwhile Kabam, giving us a champ who will be immediately outdated!

stop hitting on kabam they made this game did they not?
    the ony prob with me is gob since he's a tech but I have him so I know his moves
    Sounds good.

Will this keep going? Every 2 weeks, different champs to keep us looking for to this? If not, please do.

pls kabam pls
    "your first chance to give us feedback on 6-Star Champions as well!"
    me: "awesome"
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    OH COOL! We're the Beta testers once again, not surprising though. That fact that challenger rating and diminishing returns are even a thing man smh, this is how kabam is gonna make them harder opponents.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Morgan wrote: »
    A maxed rank 1 6* (1/30? 1/35?) without any resources spent into it will equal in strenght and CR a fully ranked 4/55 r4 5 star champion. Which takes 12 t4b, 6t4c catalists, and horrendous amount of gold, and about what, 6 months to achieve if you're averagly lucky.

We don't know that yet. All we know is that a 6* rank 1 will have the same CR as a 4/55. We don't know if it will have the same approximate stats. CR and stats don't correlate in that way.

We know this because CR was adjusted once before - in 12.0.1 when they changed CR from an end-to-end progression to the overlapped progression we have today where CR more closely approximates the overlap in PI between two different star tier champs.

In other words, today a 5* rank 1 has the same CR as a 3/30 4* champ. But in 12.0 it had higher CR than a 5/50 4* champ. But a 5* rank 1 certainly wasn't more powerful than a 4* 5/50 in 12.0. It had higher CR but much lower stats. It is probable that 6* champions are going to work similarly to how 5* champions worked in 12.0 before CR was shifted in 12.0.1.

It is weird that they aren't following the current progression, but ten points either way is not going to make a big difference. My guess is that the devs now feel that the CR shift downward was a little too far downward, an overreaction to the complaints about CR in 12.0. If so, that would encourage them to introduce a higher CR scale with new content (6* champs) because they wouldn't want to adjust CR for existing content a second time.

Because ten points is not a big deal either way, unless they are planning for 7* champs and 8* champs down the road I'm not sure if it is worth the extra confusion and opportunity for players to start complaining about CR again either. I would suggest to the devs that it is an inefficient way to spent design karma points.