**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Is Ghost really metal ?

In the movie the suit does not look metal.

Not sure from a comic book angle but the MCOC character is definitely based on the AMATW movie.

I know it's a big advantage Magneto has over Ghost but I think her metal status should be removed.

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Because ScIeNcE
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It’s definitely not fabric and leather. I think of it as fancy high tech chainmail
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

jerees said:

no no no no no no no no no no it is defiantly NASA plastic

Crcrcrc said:

No, she's clearly in a full cardboard suit

Kill_Grey said:

Because ScIeNcE

Not sure from a comic book angle but the MCOC character is definitely based on the AMATW movie.

I know it's a big advantage Magneto has over Ghost but I think her metal status should be removed.

no no no no no no no no no no it is defiantly NASA plastic
    As someone who works for NASA, and works with plastics, I hate to burst your bubble...... yes, you are 100% exactly right.
    Mark rober?
    Lol, if I had that many views on YouTube then I definitely would not have this much time to spend on a mobile video game. Unfortunately, no.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    It also makes no sense that if she is armor broken that she cant phase anymore. But champs needs disadvantages to be balanced. As much as it hurts me as a Ghost main :(

Every new cosmic champ has something to counter her.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,719 ★★★★★
    She has the #metal in the game.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,925 ★★★★★
    Seraphion said:

It also makes no sense that if she is armor broken that she cant phase anymore. But champs needs disadvantages to be balanced. As much as it hurts me as a Ghost main :(

The suit/armor helps her control her phasing. If the suit/armor is broken she can't control it any more.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Seraphion said:

It also makes no sense that Ronin can do a backflip and stop himself from bleeding. But here we are.
    Centrifugal force instantly seals the wound obviously lol
    Wait...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian

The suit is described as a containment suit designed to help her control her powers. I'm pretty sure it isn't just made of special quantum regulation polyester, so there has to be some mechanics to how it works that would be inside the suit. So there's no way to look at the outside of the suit and determine if it looks like it contains metal.

Also at the very least the face plate has glowing red sensor-like things on it. I'm reasonably sure that is not glow in the dark plastic.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Seraphion said:

It also makes no sense that Ronin can do a backflip and stop himself from bleeding. But here we are.
    Wait but wouldn’t that just open the wound more? I mean I’m not a ninja so I wouldn’t know, but I think that’s how it works.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,925 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Seraphion said:

Wait but wouldn’t that just open the wound more? I mean I’m not a ninja so I wouldn’t know, but I think that’s how it works.
    Depends on where the wound is. Centrifugal force basically makes you feel force pulling away from the center of the rotation. If the wound was on a part of his body facing down it, and if he could backflip at like 100 mph, then it would make it worse. If it was a wound facing up, it would probably still hurt because that was nonsense.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Does anyone know where Ghost was during Endgame?
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Seraphion said:

The suit/armor helps her control her phasing. If the suit/armor is broken she can't control it any more.
    Should it make her more powerful since she can just go boom and ez clap opponents
    Her Phasing would become erratic and her body would be "torn apart".
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Looks aren't everything
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,710 ★★★
    medically speaking, we all have metal in our body, iron (Fe).
    Maybe Magneto can coalesce all this metal into micro pellets and cause them to fly throughout vital organs causing massive hemorrhaging.
    Like in x-men 2 when he escaped his plastic prison.
  • VanPeltstaintVanPeltstaint Posts: 28
    Ghost's suit most likely has metal components inside. This is similar to stark spidey, whose suit looks like mostly cloth except for metal components like his web shooters and AI in the mask. Do I think that should affect his poise charges which are granted from his actual abilities and not the suit? No but the argument could be made that Magneto is manipulating the metal components in his suit throwing off his movements and dodging.
  • VanPeltstaintVanPeltstaint Posts: 28
    doctorb said:

medically speaking, we all have metal in our body, iron (Fe).
    Maybe Magneto can coalesce all this metal into micro pellets and cause them to fly throughout vital organs causing massive hemorrhaging.
    Like in x-men 2 when he escaped his plastic prison.

This is true, but don't forget that Magneto was only able to do that because Mystique injected that guard with a concentrated dose of iron the night before. There had to be a substantial amount of iron in the blood for him to do that, otherwise they couldn't of had any guards near Magneto if he could do that all the time.