**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

You've all been playing CGR wrong. Here is his rotation for MAXIMUM damage

GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,182 ★★★★★
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
So hello everyone.
@Karatemike415

Just wanted to tagg u :)

So to start off CGR places Judgements and on x5 he power locks opponente and you cant place any more till it expires and turn into armor breaks.

5 hit combo end medium = 1 judgement
5 hit combo end light = 1 judgement
Heavy = 1 Judgement
Dex = 1 Judgement
Being attacked = 1 judgement
Cruelty from specials = 1 judgement

So i have been seeing lots of vids of how people play cgr so i used my 5* r2 to test EXACTLY what they did and I did but i wasnt imppressed with my damage. So i played around and found a really good easy rotation. That maxs his damage completly

Ok this is all tested on WS.

Hit 5 hit and end on medium for 1 judgement.
Further hit normal and end only on mediums. Then trigger Sp1 for x2 Judgements. Now he currently has x3 on him. Now try and get a dex for another judgement. He now has x4 on him. Fight normal till you are on sp2 But dont pop it and remember end on medium only. Make sure that opponent uses his special and his power is really low. Like almost empty. Then 5 hit combo ending on light for power gain. Now theres 5 judgments on him and he is power locked. Parry his hit. And Spam heavy only till judgements expire and till he gets x1 from heavy. You will now have x5 - x6 applitudes. Pop sp3 and then end 5 hit combo on light attack and pop sp2 and easy maximum damage.

Ty all for reading
:)

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Thats time consuming in my opinion and u can not spam this much heavies bro. Best is first get vigilance dex then powergain do heavy and pop sp3 its easy and can be done in less time.

Save the power gain till after your sp3, parry heavy then launch sp3, then go in when stunned and do MLLLL combo for power gain, you’ll have an sp2 ready and there’s no worry about dexing. Just throw sp2 for massive damage
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★

Thats time consuming in my opinion and u can not spam this much heavies bro. Best is first get vigilance dex then powergain do heavy and pop sp3 its easy and can be done in less time.

Save the power gain till after your sp3, parry heavy then launch sp3, then go in when stunned and do MLLLL combo for power gain, you’ll have an sp2 ready and there’s no worry about dexing. Just throw sp2 for massive damage
    Or a similar variation of what you mentioned bro, but with back-to-back sp2s:

https://youtu.be/EDA-xq1gW44
    Unio77 said:

Wait didnt slayer of gods make a video similar to this where CGR got like 6 aptitudes.

It all depends on the rotation. My personal preference is launching back-to-back sp2s instead of relying on “Aptitude adjustment” with heavies in the corner while opponent is power locked.

So hello everyone.
    @Karatemike415

So to start off CGR places Judgements and on x5 he power locks opponente and you cant place any more till it expires and turn into armor breaks.

Heavy = 1 Judgement
    Dex = 1 Judgement

So i have been seeing lots of vids of how people play cgr so i used my 5* r2 to test EXACTLY what they did and I did but i wasnt imppressed with my damage. So i played around and found a really good easy rotation. That maxs his damage completly

Further hit normal and end only on mediums. Then trigger Sp1 for x2 Judgements. Now he currently has x3 on him. Now try and get a dex for another judgement. He now has x4 on him. Fight normal till you are on sp2 But dont pop it and remember end on medium only. Make sure that opponent uses his special and his power is really low. Like almost empty. Then 5 hit combo ending on light for power gain. Now theres 5 judgments on him and he is power locked. Parry his hit. And Spam heavy only till judgements expire and till he gets x1 from heavy. You will now have x5 - x6 applitudes. Pop sp3 and then end 5 hit combo on light attack and pop sp2 and easy maximum damage.

Ty all for reading

Quick question; just wondering about what if the opponent is stun immune and doesn’t have openings to punish with heavies?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Akumaccb said:

So hello everyone.
    @Karatemike415

Heavy = 1 Judgement
    Dex = 1 Judgement

Ty all for reading

Quick question; just wondering about what if the opponent is stun immune and doesn’t have openings to punish with heavies?
    I guess like any heavy reliant champion. Heavy bait and counter heavy.
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    I just do sp 3 and then 2.
    ItsDamien said:

Akumaccb said:

So hello everyone.
    @Karatemike415

Heavy = 1 Judgement
    Dex = 1 Judgement

Ty all for reading

I guess like any heavy reliant champion. Heavy bait and counter heavy.
    I’ve considered that of course. What I’m referring to is heavy attacks that are not punishable, of which there are quite a few. As well as nodes like heavy hitter. Guillotine 2099 is just one example of a heavy attack that isn’t punishable when in the middle of the screen or when you trap her in the corner. CGR’s heavy range just isn’t enough to hit her.
    Akumaccb said:

So hello everyone.
    @Karatemike415

Heavy = 1 Judgement
    Dex = 1 Judgement

Ty all for reading

What you’ve just described is just one possible rotation out of several others that would be more appropriate in other match ups. It all depends on the node and opponent itself. Testing this on just winter soldier and saying that other rotations are wrong is also wrong in and of itself.
    I stand corrected, I assumed your testing was done on winter soldier and I apologize for that assumption. If I were to offer some constructive criticism it would be to word the title of such future posts as “Viable Options” instead of saying other counters or rotational play styles are wrong. Lastly, the damage you witnessed was gimped for you as you’re only using a r2 5*. You can’t possibly compare the damage output to r2 or r3 6-stars that you see in other videos bruh.
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Stacking aptitudes is a cool way to play CGR, but by no means the ONLY way to play. As others said, there's plenty of other rotations and it'll vary dependent on the scenario.

So, nice way to fight ROL WS but not right to say everyone's using CGR wrong. You'll realise this as you play him more.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    There is absolutely no way they nerf Namor's ramp up time but leave CGR as is. His damage output is so far above everyone else's that a "rebalance" is imminent.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,182 ★★★★★
    Maybe not played wrong but this way is to get the most damage out of him without sp2 spamming ofc. This is for pure damage only on basic hits.

Just to add. You can do a sp1 and after ur sp1 is ready u can trigger the power gain. Itll give him enough power for sp3 after doing heavies in corner increasing his fury by 5-6 times making you able to quickly get another powergain for sp2 for cruelty plus armor breaks for Pure damage
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,182 ★★★★★
    Akumaccb said:

Or a similar variation of what you mentioned bro, but with back-to-back sp2s:

https://youtu.be/EDA-xq1gW44
    Ye this for example. As you can see he is doing almost similar to mine. But instead of applitude stacking he tried to stack power gain for back to back sp2. So basicly you do this but trigger powergain first to stack heavies instead of triggering heavy to stack powergain
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    IMO rotation depends somewhat on your synergy team.

If you run Ghost Rider as a synergy, then use normal light-ending combo for first judgment to get a lot of power gain. This helps even more after the sp3, to get you to an sp2 quickly. Then you have time to build to another sp2 while the fury is still active.

Either way, CGR does so much damage that most of his possible rotations are going to do a lot of damage.

Maybe not played wrong but this way is to get the most damage out of him without sp2 spamming ofc. This is for pure damage only on basic hits.

Just to add. You can do a sp1 and after ur sp1 is ready u can trigger the power gain. Itll give him enough power for sp3 after doing heavies in corner increasing his fury by 5-6 times making you able to quickly get another powergain for sp2 for cruelty plus armor breaks for Pure damage

Each aptitude increases potency by 50%, so with 6 aptitude’s you’re only looking at a 3x and not 6x increase.
    edited January 2021

IMO rotation depends somewhat on your synergy team.

If you run Ghost Rider as a synergy, then use normal light-ending combo for first judgment to get a lot of power gain. This helps even more after the sp3, to get you to an sp2 quickly. Then you have time to build to another sp2 while the fury is still active.

Either way, CGR does so much damage that most of his possible rotations are going to do a lot of damage.

Exactly, so many paths to the same destination/outcome!
  • Unio77 said:

Wait didnt slayer of gods make a video similar to this where CGR got like 6 aptitudes.

yes, I did
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    As someone who has a 6* CGR you do it like this if you want maximum damage.

Get the Vigilance, Dex, Heavy Charge right before the SP3, power gain up to 2 bars. Wait till the judgements reset and unleash an SP2
  • As someone who has a 6* CGR you do it like this if you want maximum damage.

Get the Vigilance, Dex, Heavy Charge right before the SP3, power gain up to 2 bars. Wait till the judgements reset and unleash an SP2

Yeah, that isn't the most damage he can deal, but it's around 600k damage counting the 2 Combos after the Special 2 (5/65, Suicides, nothing else) and that just about covers most fights.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

There is absolutely no way they nerf Namor's ramp up time but leave CGR as is. His damage output is so far above everyone else's that a "rebalance" is imminent.

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    This is literally the most inefficient CGR rotation I've seen written up so far. There are faster sp2 spam rotations, better burst sp3 rotations and even better aptitude spam rotation than the one you wrote up
  • Ezekiel2517Ezekiel2517 Posts: 21
    edited January 2021
    I use other rotation:
    Faster to farm potions.

https://youtu.be/fDSierY276I