**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

ROL Winter soldier buff name

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,138 ★★★★★
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
If you had to give a name to the overall buff that best describes ROL Winter Soldier, what would it be?

I'd name it CONFUSED OSCILLATE: Where he has no idea if he wants to be offensive, defensive, both at the same time, asleep, etc. He has no real consistent cadence to his play style, he's jittery and either holding block for no reason, or attacking with everything he can out of nowhere...

It does suck that he's the go to testing ground for new champs, because most of the time you just want aggressive AI that will attack with consistency so you can test of certain mechanics that are very time dependent, or give consistent openings to test attacks/specials. But you have WS over there blocking away while your buff/judgement/whatever timer ticks away... THEN he springs into sort of kind of action...

He's annoying.... I revise the buff name to CONFUSED ANNOYING OSCILLATION!!!!

:|

Comments

• YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Chovner said:

If you had to give a name to the overall buff that best describes ROL Winter Soldier, what would it be?

I'd name it CONFUSED OSCILLATE: Where he has no idea if he wants to be offensive, defensive, both at the same time, asleep, etc. He has no real consistent cadence to his play style, he's jittery and either holding block for no reason, or attacking with everything he can out of nowhere...

It does suck that he's the go to testing ground for new champs, because most of the time you just want aggressive AI that will attack with consistency so you can test of certain mechanics that are very time dependent, or give consistent openings to test attacks/specials. But you have WS over there blocking away while your buff/judgement/whatever timer ticks away... THEN he springs into sort of kind of action...

He's annoying.... I revise the buff name to CONFUSED ANNOYING OSCILLATION!!!!

:|

Winter Trollger.

You're welcome.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    I can do this all day: Following the advice of his best friend Captain America, Winter Soldier changes the agressivenss of his AI each fight, using the element of surprise as his best defense after being the MCOC punching bag for many years.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    OG Robin rip off
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021

OG Robin rip off

Robin was "created" on March 6, 1940, while WS was created in March of 1941.
    I wouldn't say ripoff, since they come from vastly different origins and backstories. Inspired, maybe. Ripoff, no.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    Give me your lunch money
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

Terra said:

OG Robin rip off

I wouldn't say ripoff, since they come from vastly different origins and backstories. Inspired, maybe. Ripoff, no.
    He reminds me of Red hood since both were sidekicks and both "died" but turns out they are alive and turn into villains and then hero
    I mean I guess Wheatley from Portal 2 is a Robin ripoff as well. Side characters that “die” and become evil is a fairly common plot structure for a lot of things.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

Terra said:

OG Robin rip off

He reminds me of Red hood since both were sidekicks and both "died" but turns out they are alive and turn into villains and then hero
    Red Hood literally died though. A lot of Marvel Characters are inspired by DC characters.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Practice Dummy
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

Practice Dummy

This is good.