**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Any Plans to Rebuild the Game from Scratch?

I know there are many apps in Google play and Apple Store, where the developers just recode the whole app all over again to optimize the app for users, in order to get rid of all bugs and improve the performance overall (Android users really needs it!)
so the question is, any plans to do it? especially with the overwhelming bugs in the latest update?
I know it might takes a lot of time ( 3 months maybe?) but it will be worth it, for devs and players as well
P.S.: ofc with all the current champions, quests, game modes, arena, features ..etc

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    I miss the state of the game just one year back. There was no freezing, no frame sluggishness, etc...
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

I miss the state of the game just one year back. There was no freezing, no frame sluggishness, etc...

I think it's because as the app grows bigger, ie improve graphics, functions etc then you'll need to update the hardware to run it.

Just like trying to run windows 10 on a very old PC ... There is a minimum hardware requirement to run it smoothly.

Kabam should state what is the minimum mobile spec to run the current game.
    They do state that. Check the info tab of the game in your phones play store
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Rebuild from scratch? With their testing standards? I'll take crashing evey 30mins over how bad that would be.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    Terra said:

Kill_Grey said:

I think it's because as the app grows bigger, ie improve graphics, functions etc then you'll need to update the hardware to run it.

Just like trying to run windows 10 on a very old PC ... There is a minimum hardware requirement to run it smoothly.

Err you talking about this?

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Kill_Grey said:

No they don't.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

Terra said:

Kill_Grey said:

Err you talking about this?

Odd, I could a sworn I've seen device requirements under that app before.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

You want them to... recode... the entire game?

My sentiments exactly.
  • KoopaKrusherKoopaKrusher Posts: 105
    Terra said:

Kill_Grey said:

The iOS app store has a "download size" descriptor in the app description, but it's very misleading. I think it's only listed at like 200 Mb, but as soon as you open it, it spends 5 minutes downloading additional software. I think it takes up like 1.3 Gb on my phone.
  • SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Posts: 230
    edited January 2021

Terra said:

Kill_Grey said:

The iOS app store has a "download size" descriptor in the app description, but it's very misleading. I think it's only listed at like 200 Mb, but as soon as you open it, it spends 5 minutes downloading additional software. I think it takes up like 1.3 Gb on my phone.
    They, as in Kabam, do that so people can download the game and not have to be on WiFi. iOS doesn’t let you DL large apps on cellular data. In the old days the file size was the raw 1 gig. They changed it to the way it’s done now a few years ago, for the reason I said.
  • rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 558 ★★★
    3 months for a complex mechanic game like this??? Mate are you dreaming? It will be like 3 years and no one is going to spend that much time, effort, money and people resources just to fix some bugs. They are just going to try fix those bugs rather than redo the whole thing. Its not easy as resetting your mobile and starting from scratch.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    The answer is no.
    Kabam will not risk "bricking" their moneymaker.
    I'm pretty sure they are hesitant to tinker with masteries for the seem reason.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Have you ever programmed anything op? I think not, because then you would know how difficult and useless would it be to start over again. Not even mentioning that you gotta pay the people to work on it, so the game would then have to earn more money in order to be profittable.

No offence, but next time you suggest something like this, please try creating some sinple game yourself. It'll allow you to peak behind the veil of programming and give you a little insight into how much work is hidden behind games. For starters, I suggest you remake Snake or Space Invaders as those are rather easier ones

Snake took me like a half hour using Scratch a while back. This game would take a ridiculous amount of time to rewrite for minimal benefits back.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Have you ever programmed anything op? I think not, because then you would know how difficult and useless would it be to start over again. Not even mentioning that you gotta pay the people to work on it, so the game would then have to earn more money in order to be profittable.

No offence, but next time you suggest something like this, please try creating some sinple game yourself. It'll allow you to peak behind the veil of programming and give you a little insight into how much work is hidden behind games. For starters, I suggest you remake Snake or Space Invaders as those are rather easier ones

I have been dabbling around in Unity a lot recently and there a ton of things to keep track of and things get complicated easily and it will definitely not be a easy to task to rebuild a game of this complexity.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    This is a post that doesn’t make sense. But when people read this, they should create a game themselves and then ask why Kabam has a hard time tackling bugs. There are so many moving parts. I use to do some web design using a program called dream weaver and you would be surprised how something so simple can ruin an entire build. They have made it much simpler now , but trying to find 1 little thing can be hard.

Will, I guess all of you guys are Kabam, that was a question for Kabam, not a discussion

Unfortunately this is a public forum. You ask a question, and you get everyone’s response. It’s safe to say that Kabam won’t be putting the two years into rebuilding the game.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Will, I guess all of you guys are Kabam, that was a question for Kabam, not a discussion

Then why post it under GENERAL DISCUSSION of a public forums. You can private message the Kabam mods if that's what you wanted.
    ItsDamien said:

Still amazes me that people think that they are entitled to a private one to one response on an open forum with thousands of users.

The world doesn't revolve around you buttercup.

There have been a lot of posts like that lately. It’s always like “oh, sorry I was waiting for an official response from the Kabam CEO”
This discussion has been closed.