**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6: Grandmaster Boss Fight Feedback Thread

124»

Comments

• Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    I didn't like reverse controls in part 3 pretty lame to b honest ruin the fun off the fight for me
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    What aspect of the fight did you most enjoy?
    All of it pretty much- the fact that it was 100% skill based and could be done with any champion in the game if you were good enough. Also the lower attack values and the pure satisfaction of the wounded phase.
    What aspect of the fight was most frustrating?
    The only frustrating part of this that I found was the knock down challenge.
    What would you change in the fight?
    I would not change the fight in any way.
    What kind of things do you want to see more of in future Boss Fights?
    100% skill based fights.
    After finally defeating the Grandmaster how did you feel?
    Satisfied, and I enjoyed it a ton. It is my favorite fight in the game.
    How did each path and their associated Linked Nodes change your experience?
    The paths themselves were brutal, but the path links were like a chose your own adventure. It was fun.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    What aspect of the fight did you most enjoy ?

The fight is doable with nearly any champion, and despite the grandmaster high HP you have the opportunity to do some high dammage.
    The missions the grandmaster assign you to do to gain buff was a nice idea.

What aspect of the fight was most frustrating ?

The in between phase where the grand master become unblockable and unstoppable.
    The reversed commands during the fight

What would you change in the fight ?

take out the reversed commands

What kind of things do you want to see more of in future Boss Fights ?

Like some fight in the abyss where if you're skill enough or with some good champion you can oneshot some boss : Fixed Captain mcu with any mystic, Mephisto with human torch But take out the 200 combo limit please ;)

After finally defeating the Grandmaster how did you feel ?

Relieved and angry about how many units i used on this fight mainly because of the reversed commands ;)
  • AlexFey95AlexFey95 Posts: 10
    Q: What aspect of the fight did you most enjoy?
    R: The different cycles you had to go through to stun him and being able to get a lot of damage in.
    Q: What aspect of the fight was most frustrating?
    R: Would have been nice to have either an easier path leading to him or just a direct match against him (ok keep all the sentinels with the nodes) so it's easier to also go back to play and enjoy that type of content even after you explored it
    Q: What would you change in the fight?
    R: Maybe the only one little thing I would change is the "Apply a damaging debuff" mission, cause all the other ones you could easily to them with ANY champion, while that one even if not in a big way still restricted you from bringing some others in.
    Q: What kind of things do you want to see more of in future Boss Fights?
    R: Fun and interactive modes like developed in this one.
    Q: After finally defeating the Grandmaster how did you feel?
    R: Happy because I finally enjoyed a boss fight
    Q: How did each path and their associated Linked Nodes change your experience?
    R: Kinda unhappy that it was that tough, I like the node concept, but I would just make it easier for anyone to get there so even later on we can enjoy that fight without too much stress in getting there
  • Sarah89Sarah89 Posts: 28
    I am actually enjoining fights having several phases. For me it is quite important that the phase change is easily visible and announced. Just being forced to watch the opponents health bar is too stressful for me. Like e.g. in the champion fight.

Further I really like the mission concept inside each phase. I.e. following screen announced actions. With the additional rng inside each phase the fight is exciting everytime, even after doing it so many times. I even do prefer having less possible missions in total and more randomness than having it the other way round. E.g. no randomness but therefore far more different missions to solve.

A major part of the difficultly (actually in each complicated fight) comes from the lag of easy access to practice. So making such access easier would be a different solution in making content less frustrating.
  • SharpshooterSharpshooter Posts: 1
    edited June 2020
    The GM fight is the most fun fight in the entire game. This is due to the fact it is weighted very much towards the skill of the player. That makes for a rewarding interactive experience given you can use most champions in order to beat him. It felt good to open up the roster which is not something you can commonly do in Act 6 sadly.

The damage output from GM is more than bearable to and whilst the GM is a challenging fight it feels far more balanced as an interaction knowing 1 GM combo doesn’t mean instant death. In terms of player vs AI balance there was real equilibrium which is what we look for as players and it didn’t present an inherent fear of being a unit busting boss fight. That was a great feeling.

I don’t think there should be paths to the GM that said. Nodes and paths should be eradicated. The main focus of 6.4.6 IS the GM.

Beating GM does give one a sense of achievement and more than anything put a smile on my face. That was cathartic against the backdrop of the rest of act 6. That is the sort of content I’d love to play moving forward certainly from a boss fight standpoint.

On a final note I pulled a 6* Ms Marvel and a 6* Nebula for my troubles in completing Act 6. The less said about that the better, but hey you win some you lose some.
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    How to give grandmaster fight feedback?? Can't even pass act 6.2 mr. Sinister quest for not having right champ. 😡
  • StuchStuch Posts: 44
    edited June 2020
    @Kabam Broccoli You are now officially my favorite Kabam member. Thank you for making The Grandmaster fight - which changed the game- and for trying to perfect this change and bring it more content. You’re the man! (I also want to thank you for DOOOOOOOOOM!!!)
  • KeremKerem Posts: 140
    I’m sure we all got, a lot to say about but as a summoner with a one word, it was “FUN”.. not that hard or neither easy.. more likely skill & little bit a luck.. we would say, we all want to see similar kind of challenge at least once in a month with better rewards!!
  • Dalton09Dalton09 Posts: 33
    Reverse controls and the final rewards when completed crushed me
  • Roman4544Roman4544 Posts: 85
    edited June 2020

1- The fact that it can be done with basically any champ. Unique fun challenges, no bs random crazyness like the collector for example.
    2 and 3- It was very well balanced, If I had to change something would be the beginning who is boring to keep intercept until his first phase and the inverted controls, but this is a part of my game that needs to improved. It was fair all in all.
    4- New unique challenges like the Grandmaster fight, more Hybrid champs for the fun and less randomness stuff, make it tough in some phases but something we can be ready for. The attack value there was on point, neither high or low.
    5- Very happy and refreshed, now I can patiently farm more potions and revives to go back to explore with no rush the act 6.
    6- I only did one path, I was going in and out a lot of times, had to be played perfect because if u take combo or a lot of block hits you are dead.
  • Xinel07Xinel07 Posts: 24
    Hated reversed controls, please remove them.
  • Alpha86Alpha86 Posts: 1
    Recently finished this, it was a more enjoyable final boss fight than others, however as the fight is entirely different to anything in game, a way of practicing this type of fight would have been useful. For example a duel target or maybe adding a lane into cav difficulty that uses some of the same in fight challenges.

Also for me I missed quite a few challenges because they appear under whare my thumb naturally rests. Is their any chance of moving the challenges to the middle of the screen just bellow the pause button?
  • jpl7340jpl7340 Posts: 35
    -I’m having to reach to find anything I enjoyed about this fight. I’ll echo what one person said previously: I like that I didn’t immediately die when I was hit.

-The sheer volume of mechanics thrown at me all at once. Some of which, if you’re forced to pay attn to something else on the screen, and miss the prompt, there’s nothing in the pause screen explaining what to do for that prompt. The reverse controls were also extremely obnoxious. And it usually pops up just before your last challenge. So you’ll likely go through 4, just to die on your 5th and deal no dmg at all.

- Eliminate reverse controls. Have a detailed explanation of the mechanics in the pause screen. Including what each prompt wants you to do, along with it’s icon. Allow me to parry throughout the fight.

-For a difficult fight like this, I’d like to see a direct path to the boss. Possibly a slightly easier mode to unlock progression titles like Thronebreaker, but no other rewards. I’d be fine with that.

-Honestly? Pissed off. After I beat him, I turned the game off and did something else to calm down. I wasn’t happy. I wasn’t thrilled. I didn’t even open my rewards. I just turned the game off because I didn’t want to play anymore.

-Picked the one I thought would be the least obnoxious.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    What did I hate the most about this fight?
    - The lag! Jesus! Why so much particle effects?
  • Dibang85Dibang85 Posts: 49
    Part 3 (challenges a more fun)

Part 1 and maybe 2 and their missions, but the very most frustrating was, I think, a bug : on SP1 I dext (the game shows "Dexterity" buff) but it stuns me then I die !! That costed me an insane amout of units because I was unable to play correctly.

less quick SP1 launch (to better see it coming) and this bug if it's really one but I think so. If it wasn't it would not display dexterity buff. And maybe a direct path for quick training. Or maybe just a 1 path level because of the difficulty of the boss.
    Other change : the boss is a bit passive to launch his SP1. That makes him going on SP2 in final part or pushing me on the left corner in others.

skill things like that but not with so many life ! and maybe slower.

Poor ... I had to buy an Odin to recover the units I spent on him, with mabe a part of these due to the bug...

No change, I didn't read them because I don't think they make the boss easier or harder.
  • Katzastrophe_Od1nKatzastrophe_Od1n Posts: 223 ★★
    soo i got back to him cos this the last quest for me to explore act 6 100%...
    skill level 4/10 maybe, we play aw p3/4 and i barely die..

i found this time i had so much bad rng, the first 50% went really well, he was throwin his L1s pretty constantly and i managed to get the tasks without fails, but after a death the fight changed drastically till 1%...no more throwin special 1s or when i was in the corner and got blundered. so to say i died a lot and i mean a lot. stupidest thing was dash back and i did that when he was under a bar of power and exactly at the last dash back he got his L1 ready, instantly threw it and dead again...

so my conclusion, its definetly not 100% skill based and im not looking forward to do the other 4 paths that lead to him. anyway this the last bit to 100% act 6.

what went wrong? any help appreciated. dont wanna spend another 2000 units on one path plus boss

tia
  • Katzastrophe_Od1nKatzastrophe_Od1n Posts: 223 ★★
    sure sure, the funny thing is: one quest before in 6.4.5 i two shotted this hydra boss with r4 shehulk and never had that issue with not throwin specials or getting clipped by them...

I hope that 2k units was exaggerated

maybe a bit, i stopped counting after 15 revives

• runrebelrunrebel Posts: 25
    I literally hated this fight more than any in the history of this game. I watched numerous videos none of them help when he refuses to use his Sp1 and I end up backed against the wall this happened dozens of times. This is the type of fight where I give serious consideration to quitting the game.