**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Apocalypse for tech; OG Iron Man rework

Thinking about how the big bad of mutants has completely changed the mutant class (if you have him!).

In terms of a rework, could someone like OG Iron Man do the same? They could call a synergy ability from him "the mechanic", as a nod to Iron Man 3 and effectively gives OG Iron Man a bunch of pre fight abilities to enhance other tech.

It would give a huge boost to the tech class, which as we all know, is lacking in roster depth, would give new life to one of the original greats of the Marvel universe. Also a lot of people have him as at least a 4*, so it would be something a lot of people get to tinker with.

They could use a similar approach if they ever launch Odin for cosmic (worthy or Odin force), revamp of Dr strange or dorm for mystic (or the ancient one), professor hulk or similar for science and Elektra or Shang chi for skill.

Anyway, it struck me how jaw droppingly game changing apoc is (5 featured 6* and no luck for me :-( ) and there's now a precedent to do something similar elsewhere.

Comments

• Mars_UltorMars_Ultor Posts: 159
    edited January 2021
    I really like this idea, and the fact that it's OG Iron man and he severely needs some kind of buff makes it 2x better. However, I think it should be more like Mr. Fantastic and his pre-fights, except maybe instead of putting a debuff on the opponent it would put a buff on you. One of them could be like a repair kit, giving all #Robot champions an Ultron-esque ability where dropping below specific health thresholds triggers a regen. But overall, this idea could go a long way towards getting my favorite avenger off the bench.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    It makes narrative sense and they've set the standard with apoc.

Should be feasible. They could get seriously creative with it too and the tech class really does need it too..
  • Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★

OG iron man should be just like what you said

Sup Iron Should get a buff too (Must be the strongest version) and he should have symbiotic abilities

War Machine SHould have great offensive abilities to match the name

So screw iron patriot then?
    If they made og iron Man a tech apoc, then iron Patriot should definitely be on the mechanic upgrade list
    Hoodie25 said:

OG iron man should be just like what you said

Sup Iron Should get a buff too (Must be the strongest version) and he should have symbiotic abilities

War Machine SHould have great offensive abilities to match the name

So screw iron patriot then?
    Exactly. Glad you get it.
    People keep asking for og iron Man and symbiote iron Man tune ups and something like apoc, sprinkled with white mags, fits the bill.

@Kabam Miike , we know you are a mutants fan, but any chance of a Dev blog post discussing the kind of tweaks they are looking at in the other 5 classes?
    edited January 2021
    Iron Man Buff Idea, MK 1 (See what I did there?)

IRON MAN

(Insert Base stats here)

THE CONSULTANT (Persistent Charge)

Tony Stark learns from his opponent's fighting technique to inspire future tech.
    He gains a different persistent charge for each inspiration he gains.

Gain 1 persistent charge when an opponent evades.
    Gain 1 persistent charge when an opponent auto-blocks.
    Gain 1 persistent charge when an opponent goes unstoppable.
    Gain 1 persistent charge against Skill opponents.
    Gain 1 persistent charge against Science opponents.
    Gain 1 persistent charge against Mystic opponents.
    Gain 1 persistent charge against Mutant opponents.
    Cosmic opponents baffle him, preventing him from gaining any inspiration.

THE MECHANIC (Pre-Fight Ability)

Tony can use his inspirations to upgrade his teammate's tech.
    Activating a Stark Tech Mechanic places a pre-fight ability on the next quest.
    The next Tech character to enter that fight gains a Stark Tech Cross-Fight.
    Activating a Stark Tech Cross-Fight removes any previous Cross-fights.

Stark Tech grants a teammate a passive 50% armor up buff, as well as patented Stark Tech repulsor beams,causing them to deal a burst of 25% energy damage and giving them a 30% chance to Incinerate on basic attacks.
    Each Stark Tech also has a different bonus ability, depending on the inspiration used to activate it.

EVADE
    Stark Tech AI gives you a 40% chance to evade incoming attacks. This chance decreases by 10% for each attack successively evaded. (Successively, not successfully. This means it's possible, but not likely, to get 4 evades in a row, but no more. After you get hit, your AI resets.)
    AUTO BLOCK
    Stark tech grants you a 25% chance to Auto block the opponent. This block can trigger the parry mastery. Additionally, perfect block chance is increased to 100%.
    UNSTOPPABLE
    Stark Tech allows you to gain an unstoppable passive when charging a heavy and blocking. Additionally, charging a heavy grants a fury buff, increasing attack by 25% on your next hit.
    SKILL
    Stark Tech deploys hidden blades, making critical hits inflict critical bleed on the opponent. Additionally, Critical chance and damage are increased by 1% for each hit of the combo meter, up to 100 hits.
    SCIENCE
    Stark Tech targets pressure points and shock sensitive areas on the opponent, giving each basic hit a 50% chance to place an indefinite, stacking 1% weakness, exhaustion or petrify debuff. Additionally, gain 33 attack rating per debuff on the opponent. (Note: Not 33% attack rating. 33 attack RATING per debuff. So it's not as OP as it sounds.)
    MYSTIC
    Stark Tech activates a Suppression field, passively reducing opponent's power gain by 50% and stealing all power lost by this ability. Additionally, heavy attacks steal one buff off of the opponent.
    MUTANT
    Stark tech conserves energy, causing special attacks to consume 60% less power, but basic attacks to deal 50% less damage. Additionally, charging a heavy to max (I'm just going to call it "Draw Weight" here. I think you know what I mean) draw weight grants a 25% prowess passive. Max stacks 8.

THE TINKERER

Iron Man doesn't pass up the chance to upgrade his own armor.
    Each inspiration gives Iron Man a new ability.

EVADE
    Flat 10% chance to evade an attack.
    AUTO BLOCK
    Flat 10% chance to auto block an attack that was not evaded.
    UNSTOPPABLE
    Gain Unstoppable while blocking.
    SKILL
    Passively reduces enemy ability accuracy by 75%.
    SCIENCE
    Becomes immune to any non-damaging debuff besides stun. Additionally, any debuff Iron Man is immune to is reflected onto the opponent on the next hit.
    MYSTIC
    Buffs on the opponent have a 25% chance to not activate. Additionally, any time a buff fails to apply, Iron Man gains 10% of his max power.
    MUTANT
    Gains a permanent passive prowess increasing special 1 damage by 100%, Special 2 damage by 200%, and special 3 by 300%.

THE MAN IN THE CAN

Medium hits are repulsor hits, which deal a bonus 25% damage as energy damage and have a 30% chance to incinerate the opponent for 3 seconds.

When Iron man is under the effects of an armor break debuff, his safeguard is removed and any hits place a 1 second armor break debuff on him.

The Iron man armor provides Iron Man with a passive safeguard, limiting damage from any physical attack besides SP 3 to 2% of max health. When this cap is reached, Iron man gains a 3 second armor break debuff.

While Iron man is under the effects of an armor break debuff, backup systems kick in, Shielding Stark with a passive increase to Physical resistance of 10% per armor break.

While Iron man is below 25% health, he gains a self-repair passive. Self repair allows him to regenerate 1% of health every second, as long as he is not being struck.

Signature Ability
    THE IRON MAN

Iron man's legend lives long after he dies.

When Iron man dies, he places an Apprentice pre-fight on the fight he died on. The next tech champion to enter that fight gains the Apprentice Cross fight ability. Iron Man's apprentice gains the following abilities:

50% armor up and repulsor blasts, granting +25% damage as energy damage and a 30% chance to incinerate on all attacks.

+50% ability accuracy.

All of Iron Man's Tinkerer abilities.

SYNERGIES

(Coming Soon)

Damnm, looking back on this, I might have to Nerf it a little. But this would be the best version of Iron man possible, in my opinion. Also, if you're going to comment on this, just quote the very first line, because whenever I make a buff idea, everyone always quotes the whole thing and then writes "Dang, that's good" or something short like that. So, please only quote the top line unless you commenting on a specific ability.
    edited January 2021
    I spent, like 2 hours on a post here, and it deleted itself. So that sucks, but it will be out again soon.
    edited January 2021
    Iron man buff idea, MK. 1. (LOL, see what I did there?)

IRON MAN

(Insert base stats here)

ABILITIES

THE CONSULTANT (Persistent charge)

Tony Stark is inspired by his opponent's fighting style, allowing him to upgrade his teammates tech.
    Stark gains inspiration in 7 ways.

Gain 1 inspiration when an opponent evades.
    Gain 1 inspiration when an opponent auto blocks.
    Gain 1 inspiration when an opponent goes unstoppable.
    Gain 1 inspiration against mutant champions.
    Gain 1 inspiration against skill champions.
    Gain 1 inspiration against science champions.
    Gain 1 inspiration against mystic champions.
    Cosmic champion's tech baffles him, preventing him from gaining inspiration.

THE MECHANIC (Pre-Fight Ability)

Tony can use his inspiration to upgrade his teammate's tech.
    As long as Tony has the corresponding inspiration, he can activate a Stark Tech Pre-fight on a fight.

Entering a fight with a Stark Tech pre-fight with a champion with a Stark Tech cross-fight removes the cross-fight and applies the pre-fight.

The next tech champion besides Iron Man to enter the fight gains a Stark Tech passive of the correspondent type, granting them a passive +50% armor rating and patented Stark Tech repulsors, dealing +25% of damage as energy damage and granting a 30% chance to shock the opponent for 3 seconds one each basic attack.

Each Stark Tech cross-fight also gives another effect based on the inspiration.

EVADE
    Stark Tech AI gives you a 40% chance to evade an attack. This chance is decreased by 10% for each successive evade performed. (Successive, not successful. So, every time you evade, the chance is decreased by 10%, but once you are struck, the chance resets to 40%.)

AUTO BLOCK
    Stark Tech gives you a 25% chance to Auto Block an attack. This Auto Block can trigger parry. Additionally, Perfect Block chance is increased to 100%.

UNSTOPPABLE
    Charging a heavy attack and holding block grants you and Unstoppable passive. Additionally, fully charging a heavy attack grants you a 25% fury, which is removed on your next hit.

MUTANT
    Stark Tech conserves power by decreasing the cost of special attacks by 60%, but reducing the attack of basic attacks by 40%. Additionally, fully charging a heavy attack generates a 25% prowess, max stacks 10.

SKILL
    Stark Tech deploys hidden blades, lacerating the opponent with a critical bleed on critical hits. Additionally, Critical rating and Critical Damage rating increase by 1% for each hit of the combo meter, up to 100%.

SCIENCE
    Stark Tech targets pressure points and shock sensitive areas, giving each hit a 50% chance to inflict an indefinite 1% Weakness, Exhaustion, or Petrify on the opponent. Also, gain 25 attack rating for each debuff on the opponent.

MYSTIC
    Stark Tech activates a suppression field, reducing enemy combat power rate and power gain by 50% and stealing the power lost to this effect. In addition, heavy attacks steal 1 of the opponent's buffs.

THE TINKERER

Stark doesn't miss out on the opportunity to upgrade his own armor as well.
    He gains a different passive effect for each inspiration he has.

EVADE
    Stark Tech AI warns him of incoming attacks, giving him a 10% chance to evade any attack.

AUTO BLOCK
    Stark Tech AI gives him a 10% chance to auto block any attack he doesn't evade.

UNSTOPPABLE
    He goes passively unstoppable while blocking.

MUTANT
    He gains a passive prowess, increasing Special 1 damage by 100%, Special 2 by 200%, and Special 3 by 300%.

SKILL
    He passively reduces enemy ability accuracy by 50%. This reduction increases by 1% for each hit of the combo meter, up to 50.

SCIENCE
    Become immune to any non-damaging debuff besides stun, and reflect any debuffs you're immune to with this ability back onto the opponent.

MYSTIC
    Enemy buffs have a 60% chance to fail, and when this occurs, Tony gains 10% of his max power.

THE MAN IN THE CAN

The Iron Man armor provides Tony with a physical damage cap equal to 2% of his max health.
    When this cap is reached, Tony is inflicted with a 0% armor break debuff for 5 seconds.

While under the effects of an armor break debuff, Tony's safeguard is removed and any hits pause the duration of all armor breaks by 0.5 seconds.
    While Tony is armor broken, backup systems in the armor grant him 10% physical resistance for each armor break on him. Max: 50%.

While Tony is below 25% health, he gains a Self-Repair passive, allowing him to regenerate 1% of his health a second as long as he is not being struck.

Signature Ability
    THE IRON MAN

(Tony's legend lives on, long past the time of his death)

When Iron Man is knocked out, he places an Apprentice Pre-fight on the fight he died on.
    The next Tech champion to enter that fight loses any Stark Tech cross-fight and gains an Apprentice cross-fight.

Tony's apprentice gains +75% armor rating and repulsor blasts, inflicting an extra 40% damage as energy damage and granting a 50% chance on basic attacks to shock the opponent, as well as +50% ability accuracy and all of Tony's Tinkerer abilities that were active at the time of his death.

SYNERGIES

(Coming Soon)

Whooooo, that was a trek. I think this is the type of Iron Man rework I want to see. Dang. Also, If you're going to comment on this, please only quote the part of the post you're commenting on. If you're commenting on the whole thing, quote the top line only. Whenever I post a buff idea, people always quote the whole thing only to say "Wow, that's cool" or something, and while I appreciate the feedback, it's really a waste of space to quote the whole dang thang. Thank you.
  • Iron man buff idea, MK. 1. (LOL, see what I did there?.

Genius!
    @Mars_Ultor

The only thing I would say is that it makes iron Man himself almost too good. Apoc is exceptional, but he's not the best mutant and his synergies make many much better than him. I think if they do this, they'd possibly need a similar focus.

@Mars_Ultor

The only thing I would say is that it makes iron Man himself almost too good. Apoc is exceptional, but he's not the best mutant and his synergies make many much better than him. I think if they do this, they'd possibly need a similar focus.

Well the first thing to remember is that he only gets all those crazy buffs if you ramp him up all the way. You would have to fight a champion from every single class, which some event quests don't even have. Also, you would have to fight an evade, auto-block, and unstoppable character, and not all champions have those. Even with the ramp-up, he might still be a little OP (I don't know, I can't play-test it) but A) It's Iron man. He's gotta be a little OP. And B) If they really have to Nerf him, they can just tweak the numbers on all the abilities. And actually C ) While this Iron Man is indeed OP, just like Apoc his pre-fights make others much better than him. If I were only proposing his Tinkerer abilities, you might be saying it's a little under powered for Iron Man.

Any way, thank you for telling me your opinion. I'm glad to get some feedback.

@Mars_Ultor

The only thing I would say is that it makes iron Man himself almost too good.

A. All those abilities only come after the ramp up, you need to find and fight all the different classes to get them all.
    B. If he's still too broken OP even with the ramp-up,
    Ba. It's Iron Man. HE should be in the Broken OP tier.
    Bb. If he's in the, like seriously game breaking OP tier, they can tweak the numbers on his abilities to fix him.
    C. If I were just proposing his Consultant, Tinkerer and Man in the Can abilities, you might be saying he's under-powered for Iron Man. Same with Apoc, if it weren't for his Horsemen, nobody would take a second glance at him.
    D. Thank you for your feedback. Seriously, I appreciate it.
    SYNERGIES (continued from above post)

GENIUS, BILLIONAIRE, PLAYBOY, PHILANTHROPIST
    with IRON MAN
    ALL TECH CHAMPIONS: Gain 10% armor rating.

MUTANT INSPIRATION
    with WOLVERINE, COLOSSUS, STORM
    IRON MAN: Start the quest with mutant inspiration

SKILL INSPIRATION
    with HAWKEYE, NICK FURY, BLACK PANTHER
    IRON MAN: Start the quest with skill inspiration.

SCIENCE INSPIRATION
    with CAPTAIN AMERICA (Infinity War), HULK, ANT-MAN
    IRON MAN: Start the quest with science inspiration.

MYSTIC INSPIRATION
    with SCARLET WITCH, DOCTOR STRANGE, LOKI
    IRON MAN: Start the quest with mystic inspiration.

FURY'S SUPER SECRET BOY BAND
    with HULK, CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, HAWKEYE
    IRON MAN: Begin quest with Evade, Auto Block, and Unstoppable inspiration as long as all synergy members are present.
    HULK: Fury buffs gain infinite duration.
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: Perfect blocks deal energy damage back to the opponent equal to his attack.
    THOR: The ability accuracy for furies increases every 10 seconds, and the cap is upped to 300%.
    HAWKEYE: Arrow hits are unblockable and deal bonus incinerate damage. Also, critical hits have a 12% chance to stun the opponent.

APPRENTICE
    with SPIDER MAN
    IRON MAN: Begin the quest with Evade inspiration.
    SPIDER MAN: (if Iron Man is awakened) Become Tony's apprentice at the start of the quest, with all Tinkerer abilities.
    (If Iron Man is unawakened) Gain +50% armor rating and repulsor blasts, dealing +20% damage as energy damage and gaining a 10% chance to incinerate on basic attacks.

COMPLICATED FAMILY
    with VISION, VISION (Age of Ultron), ULTRON
    VISION: While the enemy is a 0 power, they can't gain power from his basic attacks.
    ULTRON: Self repair functions are replaced with a self repair passive, occurring every time he drops below 25% health, allowing him to regenerate 1% of health per second as long as he is not being struck. Also, bleed debuffs gain +100% duration.
    @Kabam Miike
    I know you probably get a lot of shouts about stupid things, but I really think this is worth a look. Even if you're not planning to buff Iron Man anytime soon, maybe keep it in mind for when you do.