**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should there be more ways to acquire T1As?

MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★

Should there be more ways to acquire T1As? 89 votes

Yes
84%
DrZolaBadrosezuffyleejpriceColleenlennie76Drake2078GNASTYsubash_vikramMasterduxp01arisMoot4LifeRasiloverSpurgeon14PizzaGuy245rcm2017LmaoHuskers327Scopeotoe987Raichu626 75 votes
No
15%
SungjCliffordcanCupidMobile_P0tat0No_oneukJollyHawkHera1d_of_Ga1actusTimeGenesisAshKetchumMainzelTheLegionMasterCloudwalkerCrcrcrcSilver_Goose 14 votes

Comments

• Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Yes
    Yes, seeing as part of the lack T1a is do to uncollected and Cavalier free crystals and daily crystals.
    They should either have the arena run continuously, or have a daily proving ground.
  • SEALteam6SEALteam6 Posts: 91
    Yes
    Definitely. I am in 6.3 and I have 3x more t2a then t1a
  • Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    No
    Use your glory.
    Yes
    I have used my glory, but I feel that it's better spent on Tier 5 basic catalyst shards
  • CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 294
    DNA3000 said:

Drake2078 said:

I have used my glory, but I feel that it's better spent on Tier 5 basic catalyst shards

The glory store was probably the single best addition Kabam ever made to the game's reward systems. It gives players agency to decide which rewards to prioritize, and it also allows players to situationally address bottlenecks. Every player has different bottlenecks, and while they all get the same glory they can all spend it on the thing they need the most. This is the best control over rewards the players currently have.

However, it is completely contrary to the intent and the benefit of the glory store for players to spend their glory on what they think the "best" reward is, and then demand that Kabam add more sources of all the other stuff they could be spending glory on but choose not to. If you could address bottlenecks with glory but choose not to, it calls into question whether Kabam should have ever given players that choice in the first place.

Also, I used to buy T5B in the glory store. The game punishes me for that choice to this day.

Some people aren’t in alliances. For that reason other avenues would be nice
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Drake2078 said:

The glory store was probably the single best addition Kabam ever made to the game's reward systems. It gives players agency to decide which rewards to prioritize, and it also allows players to situationally address bottlenecks. Every player has different bottlenecks, and while they all get the same glory they can all spend it on the thing they need the most. This is the best control over rewards the players currently have.

However, it is completely contrary to the intent and the benefit of the glory store for players to spend their glory on what they think the "best" reward is, and then demand that Kabam add more sources of all the other stuff they could be spending glory on but choose not to. If you could address bottlenecks with glory but choose not to, it calls into question whether Kabam should have ever given players that choice in the first place.

Also, I used to buy T5B in the glory store. The game punishes me for that choice to this day.
    I don’t think your 100% right. This is more about T1As, not the glory store. The glory store is great for getting a balance of items instead of just one item.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    MrBanks said:

DNA3000 said:

Drake2078 said:

I don’t think your 100% right. This is more about T1As, not the glory store. The glory store is great for getting a balance of items instead of just one item.
    The glory store replaced crystals which contained random quantities of a fixed list of items. In the days before the glory store alliances would complain that because the higher tier AQ crystals contained the higher catalysts but not the lower ones they could find themselves unable to get certain resources. Very specifically, T1A was called out, with alliances claiming they were deliberately dropping down to do Map 3 for the Map 3 crystals which contained T1A catalysts and fragments.

The glory store was a specific reaction to players complaining that the AQ maps they were doing were not always dropping the resources they needed, with the understanding that players now were not bound by the map they did; they could buy any reward they wanted with their glory. So if you are experiencing a severe shortage of T1A, you're supposed to spend your glory on T1A.

You aren't supposed to buy a "balance" of items or the "best" items. You're supposed to buy the items you personally *need*. That's explicitly why the glory store exists. This was stated when the glory store first arrived. Instead of the game deciding what you should get based on the Map you did, the player gets to decide based on what they need the most.

If you are spending your glory on your bottleneck resources and *still* experiencing bottlenecks, that is one thing. But if you refuse to do so to the best of your ability because of a preconceived notion of what you're "supposed" to spend glory on, then you're doing it wrong and the game shouldn't adjust to players deliberately creating their own bottlenecks.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Yes
    There should be a proving grounds for t1 and t2 alpha. I also think the current proving grounds could use a revamp.
    Yes
    I'm sorry but becoming Uncollected and Cavalier shouldn't create a bottleneck like it does with T1 alpha's
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    How many more ways do you need to get them?
    Alliance 3 day events
    T1A arena
    Monthly EQs
    Glory store

Aside from gold and iso, it's one of the most easily attainable resource.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Drake2078 said:

I'm sorry but becoming Uncollected and Cavalier shouldn't create a bottleneck like it does with T1 alpha's

It's not. What's happening is you now have access to more crystal shards which means pulling more champions. Manage your ranks up better and you'll never run out.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Yes

Alliance 3 day events
    T1A arena
    Monthly EQs
    Glory store

@Demonzfyre Sorry I am a little new to the game, how do you get iso-8 very quickly fast need many champions to rank up
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Yes
    The current rate I get 5*, T4bc and T4cc far exceeds the amount of T1a, which is far more sporadic. I already buy 6/10 T1a from the glory store every week and it is still not enough.

But actually, the real issue is that you need T1a to R4 and R5 5*, while that also needs T2a. It makes no sense.
    Yes
    I agree that managing resources is important. However stuff happens. I got a 5* Colossus and started ranking him up, then shortly after I got a 5* Doctor Doom.
    I immediately put Colossus on hold and focused on Ranking up Doctor Doom.
    I had to buy T1a from glory store as well as exploring 2 back issues on classic....passed on doing the Ultron classic
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Yes
    Moot4Life said:

Alliance 3 day events
    T1A arena
    Monthly EQs
    Glory store

@Demonzfyre Sorry I am a little new to the game, how do you get iso-8 very quickly fast need many champions to rank up
    Dont air me please I been aired one too many times before :#
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    Yes
    Put them in uncollected and cavalier
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Drake2078 said:

I agree that managing resources is important. However stuff happens. I got a 5* Colossus and started ranking him up, then shortly after I got a 5* Doctor Doom.
    I immediately put Colossus on hold and focused on Ranking up Doctor Doom.
    I had to buy T1a from glory store as well as exploring 2 back issues on classic....passed on doing the Ultron classic

That seems to be working as intended.

Also, you can get three T1A from the T1 catalyst arena every three+ times a month for like an hour of grinding. You can catch up very quickly on T1A between glory and the arena if you can hammer out the arena every cycle.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Yes
    If you are focusing on 6*, T1 are not a big problem. If still focusing on 5*, you need 22 cats to rank a champion from 1 to 5. That's embarassing considering how fast you could now rank a champion except for... T1A