**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Duel Credits Expiring Predicament

Hey Everyone,

https://youtu.be/X8QnEIn_ncA

You have hopefully seen this from my video or have seen this on the off chance. I want to get everyone's thoughts on what is the best ideas for Kabam for the subject of a Duel Skirmish replacement or new usage for the now irrelevant Duel Credit.

Yes there will be those who will say they still use it some capacity, and yes for the purpose of duelling for prep for difficult fights. However I have 20+ in my stash at the moment and I would in that scenario not need to battle 20 times for prep. In any case have your say in the comments and hopefully we can get some devs to give us their thoughts on this subject too.

Thank you.

RTM

Comments

• DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    Either get rid of them entirely, or have something like a practice arena where we can test out different champs with specific nodes and you would need duel credits to enter. Since that is now the main use of duel credits these days it'd be cool to have something more official to help us prepare for certain fights.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Irrelevant? Hardly.
    I would increase the inventory limit for them which would enable people to sell them more easily and clear their overflow if the issue is one of them regularly expiring and drawing too much focus to the overflow. Increasing the limit would also make dueling less grueling as those who make use of them will not need to go back into the stash every 5 fights.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Not irrevellant I’d say they are quite useful for practicing against certain champs
  • hi sire i am adish a young boy from india are u official richtheman who comes in youtube if yes i am ur big fan
  • can u say hi to me here please
    please sire
  • please sire
  • Shock29Shock29 Posts: 541 ★★★
    Dual Credits are not irrelevant. However, they're not as useful as they were. Dueling isn't as useful for preparing for certain fights because in higher acts and in alliance war/quest, most of the harder defeneders are going to have extra nodes on them. With dueling, you can't prepare for those. Duel Credits are still useful for preparing for a champion's base abilities and learning how to dex specials but aren't able to help so much. I think that @DRTO 's idea is interesting but not quite a fast solution as Kabam would have to go design that if they were not already designing something like it.

Kabam could also get rid of Dual Credits and provide compensation to people like @RichTheMan with a lot in the stash. They could then change the limit to 10 duels with faster recharge and thats it. No more duel credits, just duels and more of them. The system that is in the game currently is already pretty similar. After all, you can't buy duel credits in the store anymore, gain them in solo events, and they can't even be gifted anymore (could be wrong about that one). Proves they are not used that much. Once you duel, you wait for one to come back. My solution just adds more so that the people that want to, can still duel and do it more.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    @Shock29 Duel Credits can still be gifted iirc
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    This post was made two years ago why is this being brought back?
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Why the necromance?
  • Shock29Shock29 Posts: 541 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    DRTO said:

This post was made two years ago why is this being brought back?

Someone commented on it to get Rich to say hi to them. I commented on it next without looking at the date lol. I was bamboozled.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    This post is from 2019
  • Maddestmax82Maddestmax82 Posts: 24
    Make duels free, but only between faction members. Keep the duel credits for a duel tournament of some sort.
  • RichTheManRichTheMan Posts: 187 ★★★
    2019 was a long time ago before the time of masks, things change but this was before the champs where you could search and fight. So they have slightly more purpose, just not in a competitive our use sense. So to re examine this........ duel credits are slightly revelant.