**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Apoc Dupe and Kali Progress Tracker

MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
So this seemed fun. I dont know who to credit for the idea, i think it was Crcrcr.

Anyways, I have been opening 6* featureds for Apoc, who is now r3. Im searching for his dupe(side mission of CGR)

I was waiting for the featured to drop to see who i wanted to hunt, and i saw the featured and the decision was easy. Definitely hunting for Kali(Side mission of Tigra)

6* Shards: 7 (Opened a featured last night and duped Gwen)
5* Shards: 3,844

If you are tired of these threads or think theyre dumb, dont comment or just disagree spam me, either work— i just thought it seemed fun.

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    Good luck!
    And yes, it was me
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Good luck
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Good luck
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

this Kali?
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

this Kali?

Boooooooooooooo
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Good luck but why do you want Sorceror
    Moot4Life said:

I find her fun and she is good for Apoc bosses in AW.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Good luck! I'm looking for Apoc myself. Of course that means I won't pull him anytime soon.
    My current game plan is doing the last 3 LoL paths for 45k shards since the only other content i could do is eq, act 4(1 chapter), and variant 1. Since v1 is cancer, ill be doing LoL. Should be pretty itemless.

Moot4Life said:

Immortal Abom makes Apoc bosses almost nothing, but she’s pretty good too 👌
    I havent had as much success with him, but i can imagine he works well.

Moot4Life said:

What seems to be the problem? I enjoy using mine

I’ll see if I can help any other IBom users out. Quite an insane champ who’s only gained more value in the past month (AQ/AW/Variant 6)
    He just doesnt have the same level of control that ive found with Kali in war. She is stubborm and has the regen on block, not to mention she can repeatedly special intercept.

Moot4Life said:

Have you tried learning him in ROL? That’s what I did and his damage is beautiful if you can keep up the toxic auras and throw an sp3
    Crcrcrc said:

Moot4Life said:

Have you tried learning him in ROL? That’s what I did and his damage is beautiful if you can keep up the toxic auras and throw an sp3
    I know how to use him, my BG has just had more use with sorcerer. Its important to remember there is a node that gives buffs to help with Md.
    After a 30 minute alliance wide debate, Sorcerer still seems like the better option. In terms of base stats, they have about the same healthpool. Sorcerer has much higher bp for starters. 57% vs 64%. BP is REALLY important against a stun immune apoc. Both are stubborn, so thats not a factor.

Sustainability
    Now Regen(86.25% per blocked hit) on Block vs Weakness(30%):
    Now the regen isnt fully regening everything back, and i factored in the 15% extra recovery mastery after polling my ally and getting 27/30 with the mastery. Now this is every hit that the rune is active which can be always via the sig. It is important to add that in the corresponding blessing, she gets 1,433 armor rating(increased by up to 33% through the sig) and 30% perfect block chance. On top of that when she activates the regen rune, she regens about 2% health or something tiny. All this makes her SUPER tanky.

Whereas iAbom reduces the opponents attack by 30% for 2 seconds every blocked hit with a self poison. Based on some testing, it seems to be 30% of current attack not base attack(we went into fight and took full combos or blocked specials that had 5+ hits in sub 2 seconds) and we still took damage. As far as we could tell, the first weakness would fall off about when the defender finished the combo into your block. So the apoc boss first medium does 70% damage, the second hit does 49% damage, 3rd does 34.3% damage, 4th does 24.01% damage, and the 5th(if apoc hasnt throw a heavy) does 16.807% damage. So he takes significantly more block in that after taken 5 straight hits, iAbom still doesnt reach the same level as Sorcerer. HOWEVER, iAbom’s weaknesses apply to actual hits taken, so you could block a medium and get clipped, and still be much safer. In my ally we polled and got 21/30 people with Willpower, so lets assume the summoner using iAbom has it. They will constantly gain .69% health per second(with the regeneration mastery) except that you will get a decrease to this regen from the poisons. This will also be a lower % of your health because there is a high chance that in high tier war you will be boosted, and Willpower doesnt scale with boosts.

Overall, they both have good sustainability, but i think it goes to Sorcerer.

Damage
    There is no doubt that iAbom has more damage. Sorcerer gets a lot of her damage from the armor break, which you wont be able to maintain the whole time or have up that much for that matter. Aside from that, she has okay damage, but nothing crazy. iAbom has CRAZY poison damage and acid burn damage. So its definitely going to him. The problem is, you need to keep up the toxic fields, which isnt a big thing to ask for, but if you get stuck baiting a special for some time, bam. Theyre gone.

This one is clearly iAbom though.

Control
    This isnt a necessary category for a fight, but it is good to have and makes the fight flow better. It also lowers the probability for mistakes in my opinion. iAbom doesnt really have any way to just own the fight and to keep the opponent with less options. Whereas sorcerer has great powergain mixed with MD(and the resistances node of the boss) that allows her to throw an L1 and have another L1. This is so powerful in this fight because it not only allows her to keep her runes up, but it lets her repeatedly special intercept and create distance. This is huge in spacing and overall domination of the fight.

So overall, i think the safer option is sorcerer. But iAbom is faster and if the opponent plays along he will work as well too. @Crcrcrc @Xmas-Monke thoughts?
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    Good luck bro!
    Still looking for OR and Cap IW myself, but I’m stopping the hunt for apoc.

After a 30 minute alliance wide debate, Sorcerer still seems like the better option. In terms of base stats, they have about the same healthpool. Sorcerer has much higher bp for starters. 57% vs 64%. BP is REALLY important against a stun immune apoc. Both are stubborn, so thats not a factor.

Sustainability
    Now Regen(86.25% per blocked hit) on Block vs Weakness(30%):
    Now the regen isnt fully regening everything back, and i factored in the 15% extra recovery mastery after polling my ally and getting 27/30 with the mastery. Now this is every hit that the rune is active which can be always via the sig. It is important to add that in the corresponding blessing, she gets 1,433 armor rating(increased by up to 33% through the sig) and 30% perfect block chance. On top of that when she activates the regen rune, she regens about 2% health or something tiny. All this makes her SUPER tanky.

Whereas iAbom reduces the opponents attack by 30% for 2 seconds every blocked hit with a self poison. Based on some testing, it seems to be 30% of current attack not base attack(we went into fight and took full combos or blocked specials that had 5+ hits in sub 2 seconds) and we still took damage. As far as we could tell, the first weakness would fall off about when the defender finished the combo into your block. So the apoc boss first medium does 70% damage, the second hit does 49% damage, 3rd does 34.3% damage, 4th does 24.01% damage, and the 5th(if apoc hasnt throw a heavy) does 16.807% damage. So he takes significantly more block in that after taken 5 straight hits, iAbom still doesnt reach the same level as Sorcerer. HOWEVER, iAbom’s weaknesses apply to actual hits taken, so you could block a medium and get clipped, and still be much safer. In my ally we polled and got 21/30 people with Willpower, so lets assume the summoner using iAbom has it. They will constantly gain .69% health per second(with the regeneration mastery) except that you will get a decrease to this regen from the poisons. This will also be a lower % of your health because there is a high chance that in high tier war you will be boosted, and Willpower doesnt scale with boosts.

Overall, they both have good sustainability, but i think it goes to Sorcerer.

Damage
    There is no doubt that iAbom has more damage. Sorcerer gets a lot of her damage from the armor break, which you wont be able to maintain the whole time or have up that much for that matter. Aside from that, she has okay damage, but nothing crazy. iAbom has CRAZY poison damage and acid burn damage. So its definitely going to him. The problem is, you need to keep up the toxic fields, which isnt a big thing to ask for, but if you get stuck baiting a special for some time, bam. Theyre gone.

This one is clearly iAbom though.

Control
    This isnt a necessary category for a fight, but it is good to have and makes the fight flow better. It also lowers the probability for mistakes in my opinion. iAbom doesnt really have any way to just own the fight and to keep the opponent with less options. Whereas sorcerer has great powergain mixed with MD(and the resistances node of the boss) that allows her to throw an L1 and have another L1. This is so powerful in this fight because it not only allows her to keep her runes up, but it lets her repeatedly special intercept and create distance. This is huge in spacing and overall domination of the fight.

So overall, i think the safer option is sorcerer. But iAbom is faster and if the opponent plays along he will work as well too. @Crcrcrc @Xmas-Monke thoughts?

This covers pretty much all of it. Sorcerer beats iAbom in utility and sustainability easily. And iAbom has the damage.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I have both iAbom and Sorc Sup at 5/65 duped and at around 80 sigs. Both champions are really sustainable. iAbom is suicides friendly, so he will benefit more from the bonus damage but if the defender/node has plenty or constant buffs, Sorc Sup will deal more damage from firing specials after specials.

I love them both. If you need control go Sorc, if you need damage go iAbom.

Each poison reduces his regen rate by only 15%, and the regen is 60 a tick as my 6* r1 is. My 6* usually has about 3 poisons with this 120 per second regen.

As for control, she may have special spam, but I value Ibom's unblockable to be a lot more helpful to gain openings.

For resistance, I find it hard to keep sorcerer in her proper ruins, and if I spam specials I might lose her storage of the ruin. I feel his base ability of regen and weakness is safer for me, but if you can do it, then Nice!

Ibom I feel is better for this fight as he also ignores the stun immune with his unblockable and doesn't need to heavy or something like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2LkAVpqnyk

He's decent

I agree. Against Apocalypse, I find iAbom more useful than Sorc Supreme. I tried to use them both. I struggled with Sorc but I almost got a oneshot with iAbom in AQ. G2099 is still the oneshot choice for me, though.

iAbom doesn't need the dupe but it really helps to ramp up faster. His petrify is very helpful for an aggresive playstyle too! As for Kali's runes, if you can feel the flow, it's actually not that hard. Just maintain your intercept game and baits. She's sooo perfect against the Champion with this method but I tend to use other options if I can't utilize Mystic Dispersion.
    Back on topic. This tracker thingy looks fun. I feel that it will make the waiting less painful. Lol.

Back on topic. This tracker thingy looks fun. I feel that it will make the waiting less painful. Lol.

It doesn’t. Trust me
    Crcrcrc said:

It doesn’t. Trust me
    Okaaay, I take that back. Lol. I'm only waiting for 3 champions right now (Ghost, NF, and Aegon). I'd love an Apoc though but he's more of a want than a need.

Each poison reduces his regen rate by only 15%, and the regen is 60 a tick as my 6* r1 is. My 6* usually has about 3 poisons with this 120 per second regen.

As for control, she may have special spam, but I value Ibom's unblockable to be a lot more helpful to gain openings.

For resistance, I find it hard to keep sorcerer in her proper ruins, and if I spam specials I might lose her storage of the ruin. I feel his base ability of regen and weakness is safer for me, but if you can do it, then Nice!

Ibom I feel is better for this fight as he also ignores the stun immune with his unblockable and doesn't need to heavy or something like that.

He's decent

I agree. Against Apocalypse, I find iAbom more useful than Sorc Supreme. I tried to use them both. I struggled with Sorc but I almost got a oneshot with iAbom in AQ. G2099 is still the oneshot choice for me, though.

iAbom doesn't need the dupe but it really helps to ramp up faster. His petrify is very helpful for an aggresive playstyle too! As for Kali's runes, if you can feel the flow, it's actually not that hard. Just maintain your intercept game and baits. She's sooo perfect against the Champion with this method but I tend to use other options if I can't utilize Mystic Dispersion.
    I may r4 my 5* to do more testing but no doubt her utility is their for each ruin.

G99/Warlock are the best for AQ as they are robots and if you slip up and die, Apoc won’t screw the next person attempting. In general, that was a stunning reflection Apoc, and ibom still destroys it. The last month or so iboms usages have been found and he’s damn near the best champ created this year, at worst top 5
    Yea, his credibility has been overshadowed by how underwhelming iHulk came out to be. A lot of players are putting the two champions in one bracket even when iAbom is really waaaay above iHulk in terms of usefulness. When I got an R5 Science Gem from exploring V2, I didn't hesitate to use it on him. I already have Quake, Torch, and Void as R5s though. I posted that one here and got LOL reacts. It's clear that a lot are sleeping on him because of the iHulk disappointment.

He's decent

I may r4 my 5* to do more testing but no doubt her utility is their for each ruin.

G99/Warlock are the best for AQ as they are robots and if you slip up and die, Apoc won’t screw the next person attempting. In general, that was a stunning reflection Apoc, and ibom still destroys it. The last month or so iboms usages have been found and he’s damn near the best champ created this year, at worst top 5
    Yea, his credibility has been overshadowed by how underwhelming iHulk came out to be. A lot of players are putting the two champions in one bracket even when iAbom is really waaaay above iHulk in terms of usefulness. When I got an R5 Science Gem from exploring V2, I didn't hesitate to use it on him. I already have Quake, Torch, and Void as R5s though. I posted that one here and got LOL reacts. It's clear that a lot are sleeping on him because of the iHulk disappointment.
    True, but I still think that iHulk has some uses.
    Crcrcrc said:

He's decent

True, but I still think that iHulk has some uses.
    Yea, he has some uses and I'm not discounting it. It's just he's not as useful as iAbom.

He's decent

He's beyond god tier imo. He's got insane damage, great regen control, solid passive power gain control, sustainability, and his ability to not gain buffs, or never dex in the entire fight is underrated

Poison immune, access to poisons, weaknesses and armor breaks makes him one of (if not) the best champs for V6. He's so heavily underrated. Apparently to some people he's under spiderham and barely makes the top 10 science champs list

So many uses. he's like archangel in a way where if they poison, he can OBLITERATE!
    He'll see his spotlight soon.