**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

ISO required to level up a 6*

So for those of us who can’t/don’t buy a gazillion cavalier crystals, ISO is a big problem, certainly for those of us who have moved beyond 5* for the most part.

The maths here are very ballpark but they puts across the issue well enough.

A R1 6* requires something close to 430,000 ISO to fully level up.
Using class ISO this is 57 T5 bricks (2.3 4/5/6* dupes), or 86 bricks using non-class bonus ISO (3.6 dupes)

A R2 6* requires around 950,000 ISO.
Class ISO - 5.3 dupes
Non-class - 8 dupes

A R3 6* requires around 1.1m ISO
Class ISO - 6 dupes
Non-class - 9.1 dupes.

If you were going to use only class ISO to take your R3 champion up, on average you’d have to open 36 4/5/6* dupes to get enough class ISO.

That’s mad.

The amount of ISO I’ve quoted per rank up is approximate, give or take 10% but the crux of the issue is that we need a huge amount of ISO to level 6*, which just isn’t in the game unless you’re buying cavs or are barely ranking up champs.

This month we’re not going to get many 4* because we have limited entry side quests so access to 4* shards is coming from alliance events, the MEQ and AW participation.

If 5* dupes were T6 ISO then the amount of dupes required would fall considerably.

Comments

• Definitely, I thought this post would illustrate what the sheer amount of ISO translated as in terms of duping 4* etc
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    Do you level up all 6* champs that you get?

I've got plenty of 4* crystals that I'm keeping for iso and I only level up 6* champs that I stand a chance of using and same for 5* champs.

The only exception is when t2a or t5b are expiring.
  • Do you level up all 6* champs that you get?

I've got plenty of 4* crystals that I'm keeping for iso and I only level up 6* champs that I stand a chance of using and same for 5* champs.

I have about 30 unlevelled 6*, including CG and Doom - not just arena fodder. Are you at the stage where you’re forming T5CC yet?
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    Mauled said:

I have about 30 unlevelled 6*, including CG and Doom - not just arena fodder. Are you at the stage where you’re forming T5CC yet?
    Nope, I've still got a way to go before I have a fully formed t5cc - half of a mystic is my closest.

I'm definitely not on the same level as you, I've got 16 6* champs total and I'm pretty casual in my play.

I've seen the suggestion of T6 iso for 5* / 6* dupes come up a few times, expiring cats is never good.
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    Dubbing a 6 * is quite rare and since it doesn't even give fragments it should give us more ISO
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Many good suggestions here. The level up event points should be proportional to the ISO required per level, so many more points for a 6* than a 5*.

It does feel like an adjustment to 5* and 6* dupe ISO is required to rebalance the game. 12 T6 and 24 T6 ISO, respectively, could be about the right ballpark.
  • ToastyToasty Posts: 155 ★★
    I’m always lacking on iso and it’s so dumb how useless 6* dupes are unless it’s a god tier champ. Don’t understand why the iso difference in 2*-4* is so massive but it’s the same in 4*-6*. I duped my 6* iron man for the second time recently and it just hurt, it was just 10k 6* shards down the drain, literally useless. If I had gotten 24 tier 6 iso bricks it would’ve felt like less of a waste
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    either kabam buffs the iso from 5 and 6* crystals OR we get more access to 4* crystals
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Grean said:

either kabam buffs the iso from 5 and 6* crystals OR we get more access to 4* crystals

I think the 6* meta needs both of these to happen.
    More 4*s availability, plus these changes on t5 class iso when duping a champ:
    3* from 2 to 6
    4* 24 as it is
    5* from 24 to 48
    6* from 24 to 96
    Problem solved 🙂
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Here's a Super Helpful Chart for anyone who wants to know exact Numbers, also yes Class Iso actually Reduces the amount of Iso and Gold that is Required, don't worry everytime I pull up this chart someone is surprised.
  • Mauled said:

Nope, I've still got a way to go before I have a fully formed t5cc - half of a mystic is my closest.

I'm definitely not on the same level as you, I've got 16 6* champs total and I'm pretty casual in my play.

I've seen the suggestion of T6 iso for 5* / 6* dupes come up a few times, expiring cats is never good.
    While I was mainly 5* focussed it wasn’t such a big issue, the slower nature of ranking 5* spreads the rank up resources across a month or however long all the T1A etc takes to gather but the resource commitment to pull and R2 a 6* isn’t massive anymore - except for the ISO.

• Here's a Super Helpful Chart for anyone who wants to know exact Numbers, also yes Class Iso actually Reduces the amount of Iso and Gold that is Required, don't worry everytime I pull up this chart someone is surprised.

My maths wasn’t that far out then, that’s reassuring
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I feel like they should revamp the loyalty store the be more similar to the glory store, where you can buy what you need for loyalty. I don't know about other people but I'm bursting with it, which I guess would pose an "economy" problem, but they could just do what they did with the solo shards and flood us with it but make the prices super high to basically devalue what we were holding on to
  • I feel like they should revamp the loyalty store the be more similar to the glory store, where you can buy what you need for loyalty. I don't know about other people but I'm bursting with it, which I guess would pose an "economy" problem, but they could just do what they did with the solo shards and flood us with it but make the prices super high to basically devalue what we were holding on to

I think that there should be a gold store to buy ISO. By definition it’d double the price of level ups but would be a good stop gap. Boosting ISO from 5/6* is also imperative.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Play arena shards and do lower eq for shards and crystals. You’ll get a stock pile soon and just open them when you need to. I completely stopped opening phc crystals and only open four star and five star crystals for ISo now. And I’ve never bought crystals. I just pulled a six star nick and I’ll have enough iso to take him to rank 3 no problem