**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How to fix (Fine, I'll say it) IHulk.

First off, Crcrcrc, I'm not saying Ihulk (look, you're a trendsetter) needs fixing. It's just that to every other player in the game, he does. Second of all, I heard somewhere he got a minor tweak to his numbers, so he won't be getting another "buff." Not sure if that's true, but if it is, this is purely hypothetically. Anyway...
Ihulk's main issue is that if you max his damage, you usually end the fight on 1 health. Then, in the next fight, you enter Immortal mode right off the bat, you lose that safety net, and bam, you're dead. So, simple fix. At the start of each fight, he regenerates all of his Gamma Radiation. That simple, actually. Just that.
What do you think, do you think that this would fix him? Do you think he needs fixing? Tell me your thoughts.

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★

No, you just have to plan a little. You want to end each fight when Immortality expires and you regen or before activating it. He has some skill and strategy involved to stay alive.

Also, he got a major buff when he was released, which was that his rage was paused during specials.
  • Mars_UltorMars_Ultor Posts: 159
    Crcrcrc said:

No, you just have to plan a little. You want to end each fight when Immortality expires and you regen or before activating it. He has some skill and strategy involved to stay alive.

Also, he got a major buff when he was released, which was that his rage was paused during specials.

Oh, so that's what it was. And the issue is that if you use his big damage rotation, the Rage stacks limit you severely in the planning department, because you have to time it right. At least that my opinion/understanding.

Crcrcrc said:

Oh, so that's what it was. And the issue is that if you use his big damage rotation, the Rage stacks limit you severely in the planning department, because you have to time it right. At least that my opinion/understanding.
    If you look, the rage stacks do roughly 1% per medium per rage to yourself. You just have to work around that.
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

If you look, the rage stacks do roughly 1% per medium per rage to yourself. You just have to work around that.
    OK, in the situation that we agree on this point, what do you think about my idea? At the very least, it would help considerable to less experienced Ihulk players.

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

OK, in the situation that we agree on this point, what do you think about my idea? At the very least, it would help considerable to less experienced Ihulk players.
    I think that a simple fix to that while not being too OP is double or triple Gamma Charge gain when you start the fight below 30% health. The only way to avoid him starting at 1% in the next fight would be to add a mechanic where he heals back up to 15% if he starts at 1%, but that seems OP.
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

And the damage isn't the point, it's the timing. The goal is to get to 25 rage, then play so aggressively that the opponent can't get a hit, even on your block, and you get a rage hit every 2.5 seconds. The problem is that usually you take them out with the sp 2 sp1 rotation, which nukes your health down to 1%.
    (And, just for the record, I'm not saying Ihulk is a bad camp. Just that he could use another tweak.)
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

I think that a simple fix to that while not being too OP is double or triple Gamma Charge gain when you start the fight below 30% health. The only way to avoid him starting at 1% in the next fight would be to add a mechanic where he heals back up to 15% if he starts at 1%, but that seems OP.
    That's not a bad idea, actually. Although the goal, (as unattable as it is) is that Gamma and Health are a closed system where you have 100% health at all times, as either Gamma or health or both. Making it possible to get more gamma kind of defeats this purpose. However, I think that your idea makes sense despite this.

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

And the damage isn't the point, it's the timing. The goal is to get to 25 rage, then play so aggressively that the opponent can't get a hit, even on your block, and you get a rage hit every 2.5 seconds. The problem is that usually you take them out with the sp 2 sp1 rotation, which nukes your health down to 1%.
    (And, just for the record, I'm not saying Ihulk is a bad camp. Just that he could use another tweak.)
    I tend to stick with sp1 spamming, because it gives more control over rage. That is the one downside of the sp2 method.

His other main problem is he lacks utility. He has some (I think) power control which isn’t too sustainable on the Sp2, so it’s very eh. His petrify when awakened is eh. Even if they left out his damage reflection to himself, he’d probably won’t even get used. He’d just be a fun champ like spider ham sadly.

He needs a Gambit like buff to his utility to make him a bit more viable

He also had a good regen reversal if you can get 2 sp3s
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

I tend to stick with sp1 spamming, because it gives more control over rage. That is the one downside of the sp2 method.
    And part of the problem with Ihulk is that he's meant to be uncontrollable. When you take some form of control over him, you lose some damage. Maybe not a bad trade off, but an avoidable one.
    Side note, this fact actually applies to the actual hulk, now that I think about it.

His other main problem is he lacks utility. He has some (I think) power control which isn’t too sustainable on the Sp2, so it’s very eh. His petrify when awakened is eh. Even if they left out his damage reflection to himself, he’d probably won’t even get used. He’d just be a fun champ like spider ham sadly.

He needs a Gambit like buff to his utility to make him a bit more viable

Some champs are meant for utility, and some for damage. Nick Fury's Utility applies mostly to his synergies, but he's an absolute damage god and most people love him.
    Another thought to buff him: give him more stun. Maybe an Apocolypse-esqe stun-into-block dealio.

Another thought to buff him: give him more stun. Maybe an Apocolypse-esqe stun-into-block dealio.

That's a neat idea. also had the idea that when you activate his idle animation, it pauses Rage until your next hit.
    Crcrcrc said:

That's a neat idea. also had the idea that when you activate his idle animation, it pauses Rage until your next hit.
    Pure Genius. Although, going back to what I said above, it takes away from the arguably unimportant, but arguably important feel of the character. Mabye something like Mediums into block don't gain rage, but refresh existing ones. And Mediums of 10 or more rage stun into block.
    edited January 2021

Crcrcrc said:

Pure Genius. Although, going back to what I said above, it takes away from the arguably unimportant, but arguably important feel of the character. Mabye something like Mediums into block don't gain rage, but refresh existing ones. And Mediums of 10 or more rage stun into block.
    That would be a great sig ability. His current one doesn't do much.
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

That would be great sig ability. His current one doesn't do much.
    Didn't even think about sig. This would definitely be the addition he needs to put him over the top.
    Well...
    A. How do you heavy to purify a stun? I don't know about the math there...
    B. Does he counter evade, auto block and miss? I never knew that, but if that's true...
    C. Glad we agree on synergies.

So, you beat me 2/3. The second one is pending proof, and the last one is debable for who won, but I'm gonna give it to you. But what about CMM? I don't know much about her abilities, but it sounds mostly like armor break and raw damage.

Well...
    A. How do you heavy to purify a stun? I don't know about the math there...
    B. Does he counter evade, auto block and miss? I never knew that, but if that's true...
    C. Glad we agree on synergies.

So, you beat me 2/3. The second one is pending proof, and the last one is debable for who won, but I'm gonna give it to you. But what about CMM? I don't know much about her abilities, but it sounds mostly like armor break and raw damage.

A. Two separate mechanics. Stun immune and debuff purification on heavy
    B. Yes, above 5 tactical charges
    C. Yes

iHulk will never compete with the gods of the game, but he is powerful enough to be a lot higher than people rank him now.
    edited January 2021
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Wait, Nick is straight up stun immune? Holy skit.

Crcrcrc said:

Wait, Nick is straight up stun immune? Holy skit.
    Yeah, in his second life
    Oh, OK. So easy 3/3 on me. Oof.