**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Stryfe, Prof X .. #Psychic Shielding .. but not what you think ..

dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
So was perusing champs and such, and realized they've added this new #Psychic Shielding tag .. which is awesome ... makes things much easier/clearer .. usually.

Now I've searched a bit on related to what I'm going to say, and I did see threads about Prof X "not working properly/whatever" vs Stryfe ... nothing to do with what I'm going to talk about here .. just clarifying this up front :)

Stryfe's mechanics clearly state "..will not trigger if opponent has #Psychic Shielding".
Ok, great .. makes sense ..

Now, with the addition of this tag .. should older champions be "updated" to be in line with this ?
ie: Emma Frost ? vs #Psychic Shielding?
Prof X abilities .. vs #Psychic Shielding?

Shouldn't it help .. if you have #Psychic Shielding ... when you're fighting these types of champs ?

Wondering if there's a plan to do so or not .. if not .. why not?

Comments

• LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    I think Emma Frost is the only one that got left out, they added the Tag to the Magnetos and Juggernauts. Either Emma should have the Tag added to her Base or have it only active or removed in Diamond Form.

An argument could be made for Apocalypse too, also I Think Doom has the same type of Metal in his Helmet that is in Magneto's so maybe they should have the Tag as well?
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

I would agree on something like that. It was my first thought as soon as I knew it was coming as well.
    But besides that one, there are other easter-eggs that should get clarified somehow. But at least this is a start

Yeah like detailing that should be added to Cable's Abilities, Specifying his Degeneration is "The Techno-Organic Virus" and therefore can only be applied to Non-Robot Champions...
    (There's also the Easter Egg that Warlock Passively Applies a Virus Charge to Cable every second because he's enhancing the TOV that's already within Cable, but not sure how you would word that in the Abilities... Somethings may be best left as a Hidden Easter Egg.)
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

I think Emma Frost is the only one that got left out, they added the Tag to the Magnetos and Juggernauts. Either Emma should have the Tag added to her Base or have it only active or removed in Diamond Form.

I think the other point I was trying to make is ... Should Emma's abilities be affected by other champs with #Psychic Shielding .. and/or should her abilities be updated to indicate as such ?

Hopefully some clarification / housekeeping comes along for all these things :)

(heck .. might even see Psylocke affected by #Psychic Shielding ? either for better or worse .. *shrug* .. )

(don't get be wrong, I'm not campaigning for either nerfing anyone, or buffing anyone at this time .. just hoping to get some clarification on these kinds of things :) )

• AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★

An argument could be made for Apocalypse too, also I Think Doom has the same type of Metal in his Helmet that is in Magneto's so maybe they should have the Tag as well?

I believe apoc has high telepathic RESISTANCE not immunity in the comics, so it makes sense why he’s doesn’t have the tag.

I agree on doom, but it’s not his armour that does it. Apparently, his willpower is so strong, he can just resist that stuff. Well, Emma frosts at least. Kabam even called his signature “indomitable will” but whatever I guess...
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★

I would agree on something like that. It was my first thought as soon as I knew it was coming as well.
    But besides that one, there are other easter-eggs that should get clarified somehow. But at least this is a start

I thought you’d just say “Emma Frost does not have the #psychic shielding tag in the game so she doesn’t have psychic shielding” or something
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I don't necessarily agree automatically. It entirely depends on how they want the in-game mechanics to function. These things don't always make logical sense because there are other inner workings going on as well.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    For example, is it a new Tag that should be integrated to all Champs alike, or is it something specific to one or two Champs?