**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Symbioid coming home?

16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Lots of people look back at the October 2018 symbioid event with fond memories, eagerly awaiting the return of our friendly summoned symbioids. Today an Alliancemate pointed out that if you go to your catalysts and unclick the “fragments” and “catalysts” buttons at the bottom, you can find the Klintar katalysts used to rank our symbioids. Does anyone know if this is an old easter egg, or does it mean our symbioids are finally coming home?

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    It's just an easter egg. Too bad. I miss my Symbioid
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★

I remember that event. It was back when I was pretty bad at this game and my best was a 4* 4/40 Loki. I remember it seemed really fun and I was sad I wasn't good enough to be able to rank up my Symbioid to any point that I could actually use him. I'd love for that event to happen again or for the Symbioid to come back somehow, especially because I remember he could do some great bleed damage, which I currently desperately need for 6.3.1 Medusa.

If I remember correctly, the Symbioid didn't work that way. I am pretty sure you could only use your boosted Symbioid in the content that was designed for it. (You wouldn't be able to use him in Act 6 anyway)
    Solswerd said:

I remember that event. It was back when I was pretty bad at this game and my best was a 4* 4/40 Loki. I remember it seemed really fun and I was sad I wasn't good enough to be able to rank up my Symbioid to any point that I could actually use him. I'd love for that event to happen again or for the Symbioid to come back somehow, especially because I remember he could do some great bleed damage, which I currently desperately need for 6.3.1 Medusa.

If I remember correctly, the Symbioid didn't work that way. I am pretty sure you could only use your boosted Symbioid in the content that was designed for it. (You wouldn't be able to use him in Act 6 anyway)
    Aw man, I wanted to use him in the v4 1* quest
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    edited January 2021

It's always been there if you mess about, guess they've kept it in the system - given how fond people were of the event, it'd make sense they'd do a revisit to it - but it'll want time to pass first I think.. maybe 2021 to celebrate getting rid of 2020 🤔

Hmm, it was from end of Year 4 of the contest right? And we‘ve got the very first Events as Variants? So like the first 6 months. So might just take another 10 years until it‘s Symbios time for a Variant. ~.~
  • Wolviman1Wolviman1 Posts: 78
    They are dead, kabam said they were on a farm and in some countries that is said of dogs when they are killed
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I never had one :( i want one
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    I remember that October event was the first event I actually played properly and it was extremely fun with thay guy around.
    CGR2020 said:

When did all that happen? I didn't join the game until October 2019.

I think around the end of 2018?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    CGR2020 said:

When did all that happen? I didn't join the game until October 2019.

October 2018. It was the Sym Supreme event quests.
  • Soulreaver42Soulreaver42 Posts: 46
    Solswerd said:

Really? I thought he could be used in anything, but I may be remembering incorrectly. You're probably right. And yeah I forgot he was a 1* so I couldn't take him into Act 6 anyway.
  • KnordyKnordy Posts: 186 ★★
    In October 2019 we were given pictures that they are still alive. The message associated with the picture was:

Greetings Summoner,

Since you joined The Contest prior to October 31 2018, we have a special Profile Pic for you! It was sent directly from the large farm (in a secure location) where your Summoned Symbioid frolics and plays... and in no way is being trained for a horrifying invasion. In. No. Way.

Wear this exclusive Profile Pic with pride and remember the good times you had back when you were training this mindless creature to pummel Champions

And more recently they again have shown their faces on Battleworld (Marvel Realm of Champions). If you look closely on the Onslaught battle information screen:

• K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Not that it's any indicator of whether they will come back or not, but the devs could've removed the Klyntar Catalysts from the game files. They chose not to .. and maybe that was to make things easier for when they are reintroduced for a future event.