**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Apocalypse vs professor x

Apocalypse vs professor x 67 votes

Apocalypse
76%
SnakeEyes69Mr_PlatypusHaji_SaabzuffyCapt_MegasauceBpn88855StfckrGNASTYYoMovesAssumedNameMalreck04redsoxpatsfan89Legendboy2411DannyB01Zeronaut81brandinhoMad_Titan72Denzel116Rockypantherx_Sham_ 51 votes
Professor x
23%
simolazTexas_11Mughal50XDanyal_39FaseehLordTenzenCowabungaThe_Sentry06Primerprime5magnus_xixshdh1221FrankbobmanLight7Norman_Orogroundedmaster20005Ginsuknife 16 votes

Comments

• LordTenzenLordTenzen Posts: 136
    Professor x
    Still waiting for my Paco... so Xavier for the win. Run that poison regen!
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Apocalypse
    Is X good? Absolutely. But Apoco is fantastic on another level, not only for what he can do, but for what he can do for others. His Horseman ability is one of the best additions to the game as of late and can make even mediocre Mutants great fighters. It also brings Wolverine back to relevance and makes champions like Gambit and Namor even more absurd.

Ideal situation? Put them both together. A Horseman Prof X is a terrifying thought.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    This poll needs some context.
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    edited January 2021
    Professor x
    I am still waiting for a youtuber to play Prof X in the right way, exploiting the falter to intercept the opponent. Until that moment, 90% of players will not understand his incredible potential.
    Prof X is a massive utility champ with the addition of insane damage output.
    Currently my 6s r2 is one of the pillars of my roster to clear path5 in AW (tier 2): a 6s r3 Nick Fury in the first step goes down without loosing more than 15% health with just a 200% power boost (no additional atk or health boost required).
    Rhino and Thor Ragnarok in the second step go down without loosing more than 5% health, still without any boost.
    Counter to miss, counter to evade, unbelievable block proficency, great damage output, unblockable specials, no-contact hits, energy hits...
    I also have a 6s r2 Apocalypse and yeah, the ability to turn off the purify is super useful. He is solid and qith a lot of immunities potentially, true. Also, Apocalypse is a better defender, no doubts on it.
    But soon, when I will be asked to decide who to rank 3, I am going to rank up Xavier.

The only thing that can make you decide for Apocalypse could be if you permanently run suicides, since Prof X is not really friendly (his gameplay forces you to throw a lot of specials).
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Context
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Professor x
    Alone, without any synergies or anything, I would take Prof X over Apoco since I dislike his ramp up.
  • Danyal_39Danyal_39 Posts: 151
    Professor x
    Professor X even just for his Insanely Smooth animations. End of Debate.
    Just Kidding. Apocolypse is much better in utility but nowhere near Professor X in term of animations. Also ever thought of Horsemen Professor X? Absolute Terror!!!
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    Apocalypse
    Out of the two I would EASILY take up apoc and there might be some character bias. Much better utility atm imo and damage output wise they’re both really solid. Apoc is a better defender and needs dupe less (good for an immediate rank up). Lastly, horsemen mechanic > synergies.

As a bonus, we haven’t even seen his max damage potential yet until the stryfe synergy becomes available.
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    Professor x
    Faseeh said:

simolaz said:

I am still waiting for a youtuber to play Prof X in the right way, exploiting the falter to intercept the opponent. Until that moment, 90% of players will not understand his incredible potential.
    Prof X is a massive utility champ with the addition of insane damage output.
    Currently my 6s r2 is one of the pillars of my roster to clear path5 in AW (tier 2): a 6s r3 Nick Fury in the first step goes down without loosing more than 15% health with just a 200% power boost (no additional atk or health boost required).
    Rhino and Thor Ragnarok in the second step go down without loosing more than 5% health, still without any boost.
    Counter to miss, counter to evade, unbelievable block proficency, great damage output, unblockable specials, no-contact hits, energy hits...
    I also have a 6s r2 Apocalypse and yeah, the ability to turn off the purify is super useful. He is solid and qith a lot of immunities potentially, true. Also, Apocalypse is a better defender, no doubts on it.
    But soon, when I will be asked to decide who to rank 3, I am going to rank up Xavier.

The only thing that can make you decide for Apocalypse could be if you permanently run suicides, since Prof X is not really friendly (his gameplay forces you to throw a lot of specials).

Watch bero man to see his abyss solos. I think he know how to play prof x properly
    Nah... He plays him fairly, but still no perfect playing. He never exploits the falter, that’s an incredible source and I still didn’t see anyone using it properly.

However, he shows that Prof X is a beast anyway. And for the sake of this poll, that’s the only thing that matters.