**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Help about Domino's Synergies

Danyal_39Danyal_39 Posts: 151
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
In Domino's synergy with Red-Hulk, it is stated that her heavies inflict incinerate dealing damage equal to heavy damage over 2 seconds, which means incinerate will inflict damage of heavy in 2 seconds. With Masacre synergy, the debuffs duration of Domino is increased by 1 second. So, according to my understandings, using Domino trinity will cause incinerates to deal heavy damage in 3 seconds instead of 2 seconds thus causing decrease in damage per tick, which in turn effect debuff damage per second. So, is it still viable using Domino with Masacre? If I'm wrong then please correct me and you can explain, it would be more appreciated.
AND PLEASE DON'T MAKE IT DOMINO HATE THREAD!!!!!

Comments

• Danyal_39Danyal_39 Posts: 151
    Faseeh said:

If it lasts longer more dmg tick. Thats basically it

But if we do a heavy attack of 2,200 damage, she will do 2,200 damage in 2 seconds without Masacre and in 3 seconds with Masacre.
    Danyal_39 said:

Faseeh said:

If it lasts longer more dmg tick. Thats basically it

But if we do a heavy attack of 2,200 damage, she will do 2,200 damage in 2 seconds without Masacre and in 3 seconds with Masacre.
    It doesn't seems as more damage to me atleast.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    The damage still ticks the same, massacre increases the total incin damage by 50%
    Lvernon15 said:

The damage still ticks the same, massacre increases the total incin damage by 50%

Oh that mean she does damage 1.5 times of heavy. Didn't knew that. Thanks for help.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Thats not how it works. The incinerate damage (lets say 1.000 damage) gets extended which means with the synergy you wont do 1.000 over 2 sec but 1.500 over 3 sec.

Best example is when you do a heavy and deal 40% of their hp as damage.
    Then they will take 60% damage from the incinerate and die.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    This is how DoTs in mcoc work:

DoTs have 2 factors: DURATION and POTENCY.

Duration means how long do they last. In case of Domino, base incinerate is 2 seconds = 4 ticks

Potency means how much damage it does periodically.

Now:
    Massacre increases only Duration and ignores Potency. What does that mean? Same ticks, but you get 2 more (bcs the duration is +1 second = +2 ticks) So comparatively speaking, the total damage of heavy incinerate is incresed to 150% when you take massacre.

Opposite example is Omega, who leaves Duration of bleeds alone, but recuces Potency by 90%. That means, that bleeds on him last same time = do unchanged amount of ticks, but each of the ticks does only 10% damage