**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The slept on Beauty

JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Who? Who else but Immortal Abomination. With the release of the new featured, many people are pulling IBomb only to leave him on the bench! Absurd! Perhaps him being released alongside Mortal Hulk may have influenced their thoughts on the guy and immediately ruling him out. But unlike Mortal Hulk who deals a lot of damage (to himself), IBomb is actually really good and is definitely a top science champion. With the help of @Monke , I've put together a few things he's really good out to enlighten those leaving him on the bench.

For starters, IBomb is extremely sustainable and tanky. He inflicts poisons to himself, which he is immune to, granting him constant regeneration with the Will Power mastery. Each poison also grants him additional physical resistance. While he has a poison on himself, he will also place a weakness debuffs on the opponent, reducing their attack by 30% for 2 seconds. These weaknesses stack, allowing him to block tricky specials like Punisher, War Machine etc and take little to no damage. All this on top of his large health pool

Now onto his damage, and boy does he have damage! After applying ten poisons to the opponent, they will convert into an Acid Burn passive dealing direct damage. While Acid Burn is active, all of iBombs attacks are unblockable and deal physical damage. This gives him better openings to attack and compliment his aggressive play style. As his main source of damage is through Dot effects, it makes him a great option for nodes such as Safeguard, Rage etc and bypasses physical and energy resistance. For longer matches, Acid Burn can tick for ridiculous amounts. His ramp up is certainly worth the squeeze. You just watch the health melt away, even in shorter to midrange matches.

His easy access to debuffs make him viable for Diss Track and really shines on Poison Vulnerability paths. He is broken on the cavalier science node. Those hefty amount of poisons he's able to inflict reduce healing, further enhanced by the Despair mastery and his Petrify that can go as high as 80%!

Against poison immune match ups, he sucks. But with the current meta where you have your Things, Sasquatches, Magnetos, Sinisters, Victor Von Dooms, he absolutely destroys them. No surprise he's being used in high tier war to devastate these defenders. With synergies, he can get and armour break for those Emma Frosts and anywhere amour break is applicable.

I may have left some stuff out, so if you are experienced with iBomb, please share them below! I don't know how long this, but if you've made it this far you deserve a cookie. Once again thanks to @Monke for helping out.
And remember, don't sleep on Immortal Abomination, sleep on your beds instead.

Comments

• GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    what if I wanted to sleep on my side
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★

In short:

Use iAbom, he is beast. And beautiful

Well...yeah. Way to summarise my post in under ten words 😟
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Took mine to 5/65. Beast and fun to play. Watch BG's video on him that has Kabam Brocolli as a guest. He designed the abilities of Abom and other great champs and offers a lot of great insight into the champ, including how he was intended in part as a counter to Doom.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    This is AWESOME!!! Mines going to r5 next levelup!
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    This post convinced me to rank 5 my iAbom
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Mine's going to r5/r2 as soon as I get him!
  • IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
    Wait why is he slept on? He's only 2 months old and didn't have a hate train like Ihulk did. I thought many already knew he was special.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    IceBro said:

Wait why is he slept on? He's only 2 months old and didn't have a hate train like Ihulk did. I thought many already knew he was special.

He isn't hated. Just that many people don't consider him to be useful. There have been posts here moaning about pulling iBom from a featured and all.
    IceBro said:

iHulk was wrongly hated. He isn't terrible

This is AWESOME!!! Mines going to r5 next levelup!

Crcrcrc said:

This post convinced me to rank 5 my iAbom

Mine's going to r5/r2 as soon as I get him!

Thanks! Hope you all enjoy him.
    Monke said:

IceBro said:

Well some of the people that have him already know he dominates, but the others that don't believe he's a bottom tier champ. Some say worse than Ihulk :(
    iAbom is top tier, and your second sentence is also correct
    IceBro said:

I've seen a lot of hate for him. And some think he is just mediocre. It's been 2 months but some of the hate for iHulk spilled over to IBomb.
    Monke said:

Crcrcrc said:

Monke said:

IceBro said:

Well some of the people that have him already know he dominates, but the others that don't believe he's a bottom tier champ. Some say worse than Ihulk :(
    iAbom is top tier, and your second sentence is also correct
    Yes some do say he is worse than Immortal Hulk

But is he worse than Immortal Hulk? I think it's obvious the answer is Absolutely
    I completely agree
    Ugh you all are making me want to r5 him now and ignore the levelup event.

What's one revive and 25 units compared to iAbom with the maxed out icon?
    edited January 2021

Do. It.

I forgot to mention he is pretty suicide friendly with his constant healing and immunity to poison.
    Crcrcrc said:

What's one revive and 25 units compared to iAbom with the maxed out icon?
    Fair point.

Not to brag, but mine's sig 3
    Crcrcrc said:

Not to brag, but mine's sig 3
    Well there goes 3 sigs that should go to my Void... Im not competitive, i just cant stand losing.