**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I completed my first run of Abyss

ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
And all I got was pain.

Cost me 2500 units. Less than I expected and less I had farmed.

Opened my 6* AG Crystal. Mutant. Great. Except I have no mutants that currently need to be awakened. So it'll sit there for a long while. Fine.

Opened my T5CC Crystal. Cosmic. I already took Corvus to R3 prior to the Holiday calendar so I could get Thronebreaker Christmas Gift. My only other 2 "reasonable" options are Hela and VTD. I almost exclusively run suicides so neither of these options are vlthat viable for me personally. Fine. Guess I'll have to hold onto it. Seems like a lot of waiting for my work.

Opened a 6* Featured. Who knows. Maybe I'll get something nice there. Apoc would be good, I like him as a 5*. Gambit or Cable dupe, wouldn't complain. Maybe a CGR, could use that T5CC sooner. Nope. Duped Punisher 2099. Even after his rework I won't take him to R2. Not very viable for suicides and frankly I have better tech champs. So that's painful.

Opened a 6* Basic. Bad luck can't be that cruel right? Blue Cyclops dupe.

Is Abyss first path completion worth it? Not really. At least not in the immediate future. It'll probably be months before I get to use the items I gained from the completion.

I feel... deflated. Today is the first time that RNG has really made me question how much my time is worth.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Comments

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Vtd is actually quite suicide friendly. Bank 3-4 power gain, 2 regen furry crit rate, spam sp3. Yes, sometimes you may want to use sp2, but then you can't use his sp3 soon, so you most likely want to use it only once per fight
    Also I believe I still haven't used anything I got from my aol completion (cosmic ag, mystic t5b)
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    f
  • Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    Ditto
    Got everything I didn’t need
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    oh man you beat me to it by a while
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

oh man you beat me to it by a while

I was bored. It was either go into Act 6 and start to explore or sit around doing nothing until next months EQ. This seemed like the more rewarding option, but right now it's made me really consider whether I'll stick around much more. I feel "done", you know?
    yeah that's what im feeling too, even though i dont even do eqs anymore. I just dont want to get into a period where im stuck doing nothing for a few months like when i stopped doing story for like 2 months
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    F
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    F
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Gonna do my initial run and I'm scared now. Also, F
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,043 ★★★★★
    F
  • Psy26Psy26 Posts: 159
    F

May I know your team?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Psy26 said:

F

May I know your team?

@Psy26 5/65 Aegon sig 200, NF Sig 40, HT Sig 1, Sym Supreme sig 20. And a R1 Heimdall for obvious reasons.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    My run last month was similar. Cheaper than I expected, but nothing I could use right away. I figured I had to do it sometime, but it still sucks to get my biscuits burned by RNG.
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    At least that cyclops is better than a freaking black bolt I got from 6* after putting all my energy exploring uncollected difficulty
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★

At least that cyclops is better than a freaking black bolt I got from 6* after putting all my energy exploring uncollected difficulty

BB is better than Cyclops when synergies are involved
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Awakened Black Bolt is a monster with Hit-Monkey synergy. Cyclops can't be saved even with his best synergies.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

I 100% would have taken Blackbolt over Cyclops. Hell even just as a synergy for Medusa in Act 6 and 7 would make him way more useful than Blue Cyclops.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Well, the good news is that you were able to complete the Abyss with your current roster, and you're already TB so that's cool. One day you will pull a mutant or cosmic champ that you want and you'll be jacked that you have those rank up resources.

• Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Sorry homie
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,182 ★★★★★
    Mine worked out pretty nice.
    Got a mutant t5 I could use on r3 Havok
    Awaken gem was tech and had no tech. Pulled nebula from basic. R2ed her and used gem (yes I know) having some extra self repairs helps her tho.

GL on pulling your champs
  • BsuGuyBsuGuy Posts: 138
    wow, I can't imagine getting rng'd that bad. i finished the easy path Christmas morning and pulled a cosmic awakening gem and a cosmic t5cc.....which let me take CMM to r3 and become thronebreaker.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Congrats on getting the 1 path done , even if the rewards weren’t what you were hoping for.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    BsuGuy said:

wow, I can't imagine getting rng'd that bad. i finished the easy path Christmas morning and pulled a cosmic awakening gem and a cosmic t5cc.....which let me take CMM to r3 and become thronebreaker.

Nice Xmas present! This was my hoped for outcome as I had my unduped CMM sitting ready.

I'm glad it worked out for you!
  • Such rewards are never worth it immediately from my experience.
    When i did my first run last year, i got a mystic AG< which i used a year later to awaken the doom i pulled from act7.
    With my alt, i pulled a mutant AG and a tech t5cc, neither of which i can use anytime soon. You may be glad you had it, in the future.
    Congrats!