**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why keep playing after reaching a Cavalier?

Hey guys,

I have been playing this game for 4 years. I reached the title of Cavalier a while ago, pulled about (7) 6 stars, including a duped Ghost. I do the event quests fully explored on uncolllected every month and stay active in AQ and AW to get an inch closer to leveling up my 5 stars. Rinse and repeat.

Why do end game players continue to play? I am a fairly decent player at fighting, but the content for end game players is tough enough to spend a few units or revives on the Cavalier path. Originally I enjoyed collecting the characters, but the only ones I seem to not have right now are Goldpool and Platpool.

I'm debating on resigning from the game. I just wanted everyones insight as to why you continue to play? Maybe your thoughts will help me make a clear decision.

Comments

• I like the read the event quest stories and I've made great friends in my alliance that help keep me sane
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    I actually expected it to be a post about how easy and boring the game is when you reach end game, lol. Exploring monthly cav is such a chore for me with r5s/r2s...
    From your post, even pre nerf you shouldn't have to use any significant amount of revives for completion. Some paths are bs with only a few counters, but overall it should not be that bad
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★

Yea, why keep living?

You’re comparing living to playing the game lol
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    I keep playing because I'm not patient enough to save units, beat all the content, and get bored after..
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Yea, why keep living?

more fun for me personally
    More like fun for the people around me
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    You can say that when you TB, because u still have TB to get. you still have the abyss to explore
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    The arena must be grinded, it's the law, at least according to my brain.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,130 ★★★★★
    Stress release. I have my own chilled alliance. No stress AQ and no pressure 1BG war.

If you’re calling being cavalier boring, why bother playing if you don’t plan to complete 6, try abyss and/or explore cavalier eq and go for thronebreaker?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Yea, why keep living?

More like fun for the people around me
    can confirm
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    It’s more than just the milestones. It’s work, the planning, the luck. It takes dedication to keep playing and to do what we gotta do for that next big reward bundle.

Or you either suck too much money into the game and don’t wanna throw that away.
  • Championa10Championa10 Posts: 44

I have now hit 6 years playing this game. I think everyone goes through this on occasion. You just need to find the things you enjoy and do those.

I went through this most recently after I completed act 6 before the nerf. It was hard enough for me that I knew I would never fully explore act 6. So I quit playing as much and did the minimum to stay in my alliance. Then after a few months Kabam took their new direction, which reinvigorated me to start playing more again. Now I only have to 100% 6.4 to fully explore act 6.

Long story short, take a step back and figure out again why you enjoyed this game at one point. I still enjoy my alliance mates and figuring out to do achievable challenges.

This was the most helpful to hear.

The games hard enough for me to feel i cant fully explore Act 6 either. I started playing whenever I had downtime and wasnt home. The busier I got, and the more new games that came out, the logins felt like a chore at times. And as much as I wanna start exploring the story, I barely have time in between AW, AQ, and event quests. The terrible 6* pulls did a number on me too. Lol.

But the peeps in my alliance are great. And the new characters get exciting at times too
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Yea, why keep living?

Plus now there's only 4 and a half hours until WandaVision

It’s more than just the milestones. It’s work, the planning, the luck. It takes dedication to keep playing and to do what we gotta do for that next big reward bundle.

Or you either suck too much money into the game and don’t wanna throw that away.

I probably havent spent over 40 dollars on this game since i started playing. Because some of the end game paths are so node/champion specific, or is over a 3 minute fight, it gets frustrating. Biding time to get your character to the right level, just to go through one path.

The planning is fun i agree. The luck in a great character definitely makes me play with alot more fire. Its just the time I put in isnt so affordable.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    I'm going to present a different opinion than everyone and say that you should take a break or quit the game for couple of months(or even a year). I kept telling myself, just one more month, just one more six star, and then I realised that it just takes up too much of my irl time and not worth sacrificing stuff that actually matters.

Might seem a bit hypocritical that I'm still hanging around on the forums, but I'll probably not do this either in a couple of months
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I've played the game for over 5 years because I love playing. Whether it's the Arena, or EQ, or chipping away at Story, I just like playing. I'm not so focused on doing everything the second it comes out, so I always have something to work on.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

Yea, why keep living?

This made me laugh.

And OP, at this point, im definitely an Endgame player. Im one of those guys that explores permanent content day 1, does high tier AW and AQ, and has done(Almost) all content.

The reason you downloaded the game in the first place was for fun. I know a few people retiring for now do to the game getting stale. I explored V6/Act 7 within maybe 3 days of release, so recently ive just been having fun with rankups i enjoy. That doesnt mean the “top tier” champs. You can rerun old acts, mess around in RoL or just do alliance events and take a semi break. And if you want to know what fun rankups are, heres what my last ones have been:

6* R3 Apoc(Enjoyment)
    6* R3 Ronin(Enjoyment)
    R5 Cull(Fun)
    R5 Monke(Fun)
    R5 LS(Fun)
    R5 iAbom(Fun)
    R2 Nova(I love him)

Sure all these are great, but they are so fun to use.

The key to loving the game is ranking who you love.
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    edited January 2021

Hey guys,

I have been playing this game for 4 years. I reached the title of Cavalier a while ago, pulled about (7) 6 stars, including a duped Ghost. I do the event quests fully explored on uncolllected every month and stay active in AQ and AW to get an inch closer to leveling up my 5 stars. Rinse and repeat.

Why do end game players continue to play? I am a fairly decent player at fighting, but the content for end game players is tough enough to spend a few units or revives on the Cavalier path. Originally I enjoyed collecting the characters, but the only ones I seem to not have right now are Goldpool and Platpool.

I'm debating on resigning from the game. I just wanted everyones insight as to why you continue to play? Maybe your thoughts will help me make a clear decision.

Have you 100% the variants? I got overwhelmed in 6.3 and 6.4 and started choosing rank ups with variants in mind to have teams of 5/65s to explore each one. Theres some fun interaction all around thru V2-V6
  • ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    Becuz its soooo much fun!!!

• HilldarHilldar Posts: 194 ★★
    I hate to be that guy but cavalier isn’t as big of a deal as it once was. It’s the equivalent of finishing middle school. Finish a path of abyss, that’s a big time accomplishment. Go 100% act 7. Get thronebreaker. Then you can consider yourself one of the big boys.
    Hilldar said:

I hate to be that guy but cavalier isn’t as big of a deal as it once was. It’s the equivalent of finishing middle school. Finish a path of abyss, that’s a big time accomplishment. Go 100% act 7. Get thronebreaker. Then you can consider yourself one of the big boys.

Got nothing to do with being the big boys. That was never a goal of mine to be a "top tier player". I am even surprised I have gotten this far to begin with. Its time consuming. With rewards that gives progression at a slow rate. Is it still fun playing at a slower rate in comparison to my uncolllected days? Thats what im on the fence on.

Yea, why keep living?

This made me laugh.

And OP, at this point, im definitely an Endgame player. Im one of those guys that explores permanent content day 1, does high tier AW and AQ, and has done(Almost) all content.

The reason you downloaded the game in the first place was for fun. I know a few people retiring for now do to the game getting stale. I explored V6/Act 7 within maybe 3 days of release, so recently ive just been having fun with rankups i enjoy. That doesnt mean the “top tier” champs. You can rerun old acts, mess around in RoL or just do alliance events and take a semi break. And if you want to know what fun rankups are, heres what my last ones have been:

6* R3 Apoc(Enjoyment)
    6* R3 Ronin(Enjoyment)
    R5 Cull(Fun)
    R5 Monke(Fun)
    R5 LS(Fun)
    R5 iAbom(Fun)
    R2 Nova(I love him)

Sure all these are great, but they are so fun to use.

The key to loving the game is ranking who you love.
    I lost sight of that i suppose. My favorite characters i played as with 3*s or 4*s i lost sight of in endgame content, because i started to have a harder time playing as characters i just liked vs characters appropriate for the path. When in reality, i should take any character and kick ass.
  • Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    You have a hard time in cav difficulty with rank 5 s and rank 2s? It took you four years to become Cavalier? That's below average skills I would say.