**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Wolverine is useless vs bleed-immune champs

It's fine to kill a bleed-immune champ three times more HP than you cause you just save your power and recover health in case you mess up, even if the battle lasts longer, but what to do when battle is timed like in AQ?

Well, give Wolverine a ace up his sleeve when he is against a bleed-immune champ. X-23 has Cruelty, Elektra has armor break... Give Wolverine Furty, it fits him very well

Comments

• HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    Wolverines healing is the strongest currently available in game giving him an additional boost to his attack power would unbalance him.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Every champ has to have a weakness. Fighting bleed immunes is wolverine’s. If he had a big damage output as well he’d end up being completely overpowered. Plus, even if you timeout you can just Regen the health back anyway so not too big an issue.

Yeah exactly. Every champion is supposed to have strengths and weaknesses and fit a niche somewhere. Wolverine is supposed to be weak vs bleed immune champions just like Gwenpoole.

Honestly if they ever include a Fury and bleed champion beyond Punisher I would want it to be either Sabertooth or Wendigo. Sabertooth in particular is known for his temper and it would make a lot more sense for that character to separate him from being Wolverine # 2.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    He is my goto champ against HB as miniboss in AQ. ;)
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    This is straight up absurd for you to suggest this. He doesn't hit hard that's fine. I'll take his crazy Regen and extend the fight out.

Also Drax has fury and bleed @SlyCat42
  • 313rd313rd Posts: 158
    People jump on a bandwagon so quickly with a current trend. Think independently why don’t ya?

It’s not absurd or a bad idea to give wolvie a small fury boost against non bleed opponents. Wolvie has a temper too, and fury would fit him well.

Would agree that the fury buff shouldn’t be overpowering though. Just a small attack increase.

Oh btw will never happen though.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    @zero7 Kind of agree... sometimes I wish fights were a little longer with my x-23, she bleeds them out before I can get any decent regen. Although with Wolverine's stronger regen I guess that is less of an issue.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    What's the issue then? Use someone else maybe? X-23 can do something at least. Poison them then. Use SL or Sparky and nuke them down. No champ is good 100% of the time (cept pre 12.0 Switch).
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Wolvie has his regeneration to carry him through.

If any bleed-reliant champion needs another truck up his sleeve, it's Original Black Panther.

He's supposed to be one of the eight smartest people in the world, one of the best martial artists, with mild superhuman abilities, whilst wearing highly advanced vibranium armour. Yet if his opponent is bleed-immune: nothing. Nada. Not a single alternative approach.

When Electra and X-23 both have alternatives to bleeding, BP has nothing. He definitely needs something more than Wolvie does.

Precision, Armour penetration, Concussion or Stun. Anything...
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    We have a buffed version. OML. Less Regen, but highly Duped it's not bad. With Bleed and Berserk, he does some serious Damage. One of the most underrated Champs IMO.

Couldn’t agree more, very much prefer Logan to wolverine. X-23 would be my 2nd choice, but wolverine is by far the best Regen wise so a buff against bleed immunes just wouldn’t make sense imo. Logan is my favourite purely because he’s better equipped to deal with a larger variety of opponents. And it’s nice to have the 3 different versions to choose from because each excels in a different area.
  • And people think aa is god, and he doesn't even have Regen to offset how badly he can't do damage against a bleed immune. Or poison immune. Mostly just bleed immunes though.
  • MillybearMillybear Posts: 113
    Wolverine is already a god-tier. No buff needed.

cflr1u7ysp1p.png

I did act 5.3 with him and didn't have to use revives/potions (only against iceman act 5.3.6)
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    Or give him armor break lol hello? This is wolverine.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Wolvie has his regeneration to carry him through.

If any bleed-reliant champion needs another truck up his sleeve, it's Original Black Panther.

He's supposed to be one of the eight smartest people in the world, one of the best martial artists, with mild superhuman abilities, whilst wearing highly advanced vibranium armour. Yet if his opponent is bleed-immune: nothing. Nada. Not a single alternative approach.

When Electra and X-23 both have alternatives to bleeding, BP has nothing. He definitely needs something more than Wolvie does.

Precision, Armour penetration, Concussion or Stun. Anything...

Yea BP needs something badly. GP made him completely obsolete
  • TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185
    RedRooster wrote: »
    @zero7 Kind of agree... sometimes I wish fights were a little longer with my x-23, she bleeds them out before I can get any decent regen. Although with Wolverine's stronger regen I guess that is less of an issue.

completely agree, X23 has the WORST regen in the game, because fights are over in under 10 hits :-P
  • SnizzJuiceSnizzJuice Posts: 10
    Dhennyz wrote: »
    Here’s an idea, leave wolverine alone and make Wolverine (weapon-x) available with less regen and fury added.

This is a solid idea. They already have the weapon-X char set programmed in, make him playable and tweak his buffs so he fits between OG wolvie and OML.
  • Paradigm23Paradigm23 Posts: 3
    If you are having a problem with wolverine in aq. You are doing something terribly wrong. He is the only champ who can time out yo back and finish with full health.
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    He is not totally useless against bleed immune champions because he does have regeneration. So if you time your fighting well and attack with precise movements in AQ fights, your regeneration should be enough to gather all your health back.
  • wolfwolf Posts: 106
    Every champ has to have a weakness. Fighting bleed immunes is wolverine’s. If he had a big damage output as well he’d end up being completely overpowered. Plus, even if you timeout you can just Regen the health back anyway so not too big an issue.
    Well, Hyperion doesn't have weaknesses...
    Huluhula wrote: »
    Wolverines healing is the strongest currently available in game giving him an additional boost to his attack power would unbalance him.
    Swaping bleeding with furty will not unbalance him
    Vision_41 wrote: »
    He is not totally useless against bleed immune champions because he does have regeneration. So if you time your fighting well and attack with precise movements in AQ fights, your regeneration should be enough to gather all your health back.
    That's not an excuse to don't give him a buff against bleed immune champions
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Then don't use him against bleed immune champs.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    wolf wrote: »
    Well, Hyperion doesn't have weaknesses...
    Swaping bleeding with furty will not unbalance him
    Vision_41 wrote: »
    That's not an excuse to don't give him a buff against bleed immune champions

Hyperion does have weaknesses. He’s vulnerable to bleed and really easy to beat with pretty much any power control champ. A lot of mystics can also nullify his fury/power gain which when coupled with MD only adds to their advantage over him. He’s usually trigger happy so you can beat him with any champ really. Just bait specials early if you can’t stop the power gain.
    What both wolverines need are armor break, since x23 already has that cruelty buff for bleed immune than maybe just give wolvy the armor break.
    They should both have armor break abilities either way, if you're facing iron man, you're clearly going to cut through his suit like wtf man.
    X23 is better overall, wolvy just beats her in regen(so eh). Wolvy should place armor breaks and each armor break should obviously increase damage. It's wolverine dammit, very experienced fighter.
    I’ve stopped paying attention to this thread it offers nothing constructive anymore
    I’ve stopped paying attention to this thread it offers nothing constructive anymore

I just offered something constructive :/.
    ForumGuy wrote: »

I just offered something constructive :/.

Sorry, that wasn’t directed at you it was directed at the ones tagging me
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Dhennyz wrote: »
    Here’s an idea, leave wolverine alone and make Wolverine (weapon-x) available with less regen and fury added.

Cool, more reskins, everyone love reskins.
  • If you think either x-23 or wolvies regens are awful then you simply don't understand how they work.

And wolverine is definitely not the only champion realistically capable of fully healing after a battle that nearly killed him. Even doing so in only one battle.

Funny you don't see anyone complain about AA being useless against bleed immune. As he basically is. And has no Regen to help him take a few hits. Yet he's still many people's favorite champion.

Don't use wolverine on bleed immune. Or against abomination. Or a duped cable. It's common knowledge and you can't seriously complain because he can't trump everything he comes across.