Loading Spider-Ham model crashes game [Merged Thread]

Comments

• Abetkyle09Abetkyle09 Member Posts: 12
    Spider ham still crashing my game
  • phil56201phil56201 Member Posts: 986 ★★★
    Spider Ham crashes my game any time I go to his info page, fight him in any game mode, fight an arena team with him on it, or have him on my team whether it's arena or any other questing. Using Iphone 7, on wifi or network which is T Mobile.
  • Crys23Crys23 Member Posts: 809 ★★★★
    Stil crashing my game too. iPhone 7, ios 12.4.1.
  • NøxNøx Member Posts: 77
    Same. My game crashes when I try to play arena with spiderham, which essentially locks me out of a couple arenas. The other I may be facing a team with spiderham on it but can’t remember. Either way when I try to enter multiple arenas the game simply crashes. I’m unable to play arena. I also had crashing issues while ranking up a 3* spiderham. It would crash when I touched anything on the rank up page.

iPad 6th generation
    iOS 14.3

Game version
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Got crash in AW on an iPad. Tried on my crappy phone which didn't crashes but failed bad.

Here is video with crashing (post death) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCqRAdMiWHg

This is complete garbage. What if we lose the war coz of this?
  • NøxNøx Member Posts: 77
    Very frustrating losing at least 3 days of arena due to this bug. Hoped it would have been fixed by now on iOS. It’s great you got the patch out for Android but for us Apple user were still stuck. I can’t do a single fight in arena. Just crash when I open multiple arenas

IGN: Nøx
  • FabiusBRFabiusBR Member Posts: 296 ★★★
    @Kabam Zibiit - The problem is NOT fixed. Spider-Ham still crashing the game. Just happened to me in the T4b arena. He appeared on the opposing team and the game crashed when the match screen appeared. Kept crashing until I switched devices then crashed the fights twice. Fortunately the fight recovery screen worked this time. But Spider-Ham still cannot be used.
  • NetjgrnautNetjgrnaut Member Posts: 69
    Still crashes every other time I try to use hammy on my iPhone. I’ve posted all my tech deets to this thread and others several times already. I’ve been able to muddle through AQ by not using spider ham, but EQ crashes every few fights no matter who I use.

I don’t think I’ve ever played this game less than I have this month. If I hadn’t invested so much in my two accounts over the years, I’d have walked away already.
  • JasePJaseP Member Posts: 2
    Since this issue has been happening I always thought this was specific to iOS devices. However my friend has one of the latest iPhones and this issue does not happen.
    A trend that I have noticed is that those devices affected have 2GB of RAM. Is this the question that our devices are no longer compatible with the game now?
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Member Posts: 548 ★★★★
    So this has now locked me out of 3 different arenas. Losing hundreds of units and thousands of BC because of this bug.

We also couldn't 100% War because the opposing alliance put multiple Spider-Hams as the first opponent on 5 paths.

This bug isn't being treated with the proper urgency. Can we please get another update?
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Member Posts: 2,363 ★★★★
    I really hope they are addressing this, but some of the responses don't show them showing urgency to a large problem.
  • hermherm Member Posts: 415 ★★
    Still happening. I WANNA USE MY FRICKIN SPIDER-HAM ALREADY!!!
  • WzzrddWzzrdd Member Posts: 85
    So now I am going to miss 3 milestones and rank rewards because there is no way of skipping fight. So no arena until the reset tomorrow. Why don’t you pull the character out until he gets fixed and then put him back in.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Member Posts: 1,552 ★★★★★
    : / , I got a new maxed out R2 spider ham I can’t use...
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,349 Guardian
    Wzzrdd said:

So now I am going to miss 3 milestones and rank rewards because there is no way of skipping fight. So no arena until the reset tomorrow. Why don’t you pull the character out until he gets fixed and then put him back in.

From the main arena Listing page, you can use the EXIT DOOR to quit an entire Match. You’ll have to restart your streak, but at least you can continue (if trying to do the fights causes constant crash).

....which btw, wouldn’t a 2nd crash count as a lost fight and move on to the next fight, which if crash as well will lose that fight too, etc, and act like a long drawn out alternate Exit process anyway ? Why do you think you are permanently stuck in that arena match ?
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Member Posts: 994 ★★★★
    I'm hoping kabam could fix spiderham properly for the IOS devices. I can't wait to play with my favorite character.
  • AllahsnackbarAllahsnackbar Member Posts: 1
    I recently pulled a 5* spider ham and I levelled him up a bit while noticing that his character wouldn’t load. When I went to test him out in RoL, the game crashed before I could even enter the quest. Anyone else got this problem?
    Curious if the developers have any updates on how the fix for this is going?
  • Kabam BooKabam Boo Member Posts: 840 ★★★★★
    We apologise that iOS users will still be experiencing this issue. We are currently looking into one of our future updates. We hope to resolve this issue then. Sorry again for the delay, iOS users! We really appreciate your understanding.
    Kabam Boo said:

We apologise that iOS users will still be experiencing this issue. We are currently looking into one of our future updates. We hope to resolve this issue then. Sorry again for the delay, iOS users! We really appreciate your understanding.

Thank you for the update on how the issue is going!
  • GreanGrean Member Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    I had the same issue and I forfeit one of my coins
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Member Posts: 180
    iOS,

Can’t touch spider ham at all without a crash.

Tried to level up one now and got a crash, using one or facing one. Boom, instant crash.
  • DarkstalkerDarkstalker Member Posts: 31
    I also have this problem in arenas, quests and arcade
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★
    I also have the same issue. Especially in arenas. Sure the game crash and I re-open the app multiple time since the game register it as crash as in not in purpose. It do takes several reopening attempts crash after crash till I finally win my arena round. I know that it’s not my device because it’s an iPad mini 5 and it has the spec to run mcoc for years to come and go so the faulty is at kabam side regarding Spider-ham in-game code.
  • ChovnerChovner Member Posts: 1,222 ★★★★★
    The amount of time I've lost in boosts because of this crashing is ridiculous. I don't normally ask for compensation, but something to give back boosts at this point should be the min. I don't need units, shards, or any of that, just some boosts back would be fine
    CGR2020 said:

Weird....I was using my 2/3* version of Spider-Ham this weekend, and he played just fine. Did they fix it already?

kabam haven't confirmed anything if it's been fixed. the crash is open random whenever seeing or using Spider-ham.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,955 ★★★★★
    CGR2020 said:

Weird....I was using my 2/3* version of Spider-Ham this weekend, and he played just fine. Did they fix it already?

Is a device specific issue, only a few player's will have it

CGR2020 said:

i find it little hard to believe it's an device specific issue. mine is ipad mini 5 and it has the spec strong enough for years to go to run mcoc. it's definitely not ''device specific issue''
  • hermherm Member Posts: 415 ★★
    Daddrieda said:

CGR2020 said:

i find it little hard to believe it's an device specific issue. mine is ipad mini 5 and it has the spec strong enough for years to go to run mcoc. it's definitely not ''device specific issue''
    its OS specific from what I've observed. Android users already have the fix apparently