**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How useful is Medusa's sig ability?

ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
So I have 2 cosmic gems: one I'm saving for Hype, the other for any good cosmic. I have opened about a dozen duals without getting any good cosmic except Medusa and I've given up after pulling Drax and The Champion back to back.
So my question is: do the furies from her sig ability make a difference to her damage? I don't care much for the autoblock as I have no plans to max sig her.

How useful is Medusa's sig ability? 35 votes

Yes it does
82%
evilKINGwilsonLvernon15Mqc19Kamikaze_TurtleHammerbro_64BuckyBruhDRTOLibertyPrimeV1MoosetiptronicRockyshockyAnthinhoLordSmasherEtjamaThicco_ModeBabyMiikeBonzodavidRenaxqqGlassbackJragonMaster170Ethereality 29 votes
No it doesn't
2%
Barani7da 1 vote
Save the gem for another (name)
14%
Brokenpseudosanemagnus_xixtofuシJerichoharris 5 votes

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Yes it does
    At base, she's good for robots. With the sig ability, her damage goes up a ton and she actually becomes useful for other champs and nodes like buffed up and caustic temper.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Save the gem for another (name)
    Medusa ain't all that anymore.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Yes it does
    Her damage increases significantly and you can save yourself quite often with the autoblock (even stunned for those weird scenarios). I would say wait until she is at r4 to use the gem in case you dupe her or pull someone better.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

Her damage increases significantly and you can save yourself quite often with the autoblock (even stunned for those weird scenarios). I would say wait until she is at r4 to use the gem in case you dupe her or pull someone better.

She's r3 now but after AQ rewards, I'll have enough resources to r4 her. Hoping to pull Venom or Hype before that though. They're the two cosmics I want more than anything.
    Corvus would be nice though 🤤

Why do you say that? I still haven't gone past Act 5.2
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    most cosmics have a large benefit for awakened ability such as CORVUS, HYPE, CMM, CULL and more so i would say if ur close to another 5* crystal then go cosmic and tech. If you dont get a good cosmic then put the gem into medusa
    Gardener said:

most cosmics have a large benefit for awakened ability such as CORVUS, HYPE, CMM, CULL and more so i would say if ur close to another 5* crystal then go cosmic and tech. If you dont get a good cosmic then put the gem into medusa

That's what I said before I pulled The Champion today. I'm done with duals for a while
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Yes it does
    Her Sig Ability is very much worth the Gem, doesn't even need to go past Sig 1 either if you don't on putting her in AW Defense.
    She's still The Best Robots Counter, she counters some Annoying Nodes like the ones that require 3 Buffs on You or Debuffs on the Enemy respectively to deal Damage (Diss Track and I forget the name of the other) as well Caustic Temper, she's a Great Mysterio Counter, her Damage is general is still Amazing and doesn't even require Synergies (though if you bring Black Bolt she gets 6 Furies instead of 3 which is pretty great).

Mines still at Rank 3 which is a Disservice because she still puts in so much work, even against Cav Boss Robots and Mysterios she still Slays Everytime.
  • DarkZenDarkZen Posts: 285
    Have you used Medusa ? I use her alot especially in AQ but i also like her fighting style as im quite an aggressive player. Stacking those fury end fights very quicky. If you dont like Medusa no point using those Cosmic gems.
    Yes it does
    Chikel said:

Why do you say that? I still haven't gone past Act 5.2
    Oh 100% go for her then, she makes that 5.4 Ultron Final Boss a Breeze.

Don't listen to that guy, she's still as Solid as she was Day 1, yeah she might not have gained a Ton of New Unique Things besides a Mysterio Counter (also does well at keeping IMIW's Armor Passives under Control) since her release but her Ability to shut down those Annoying Nodes and Robots Completely has not gotten any less useful. Also you're just lying to yourself if you try to say Medusa's Damage isn't still great, and that Damage goes across All Fights (Well besides the Occasional Colossus or BWCV but every champion has Problem Fights).
    edited January 2021
    DarkZen said:

Have you used Medusa ? I use her alot especially in AQ but i also like her fighting style as im quite an aggressive player. Stacking those fury end fights very quicky. If you dont like Medusa no point using those Cosmic gems.

I like her. Her playstyle feels smooth and she counters IMIW, Mysterio, Ultron and other champs I generally find annoying. Just wondering if the damages from the furies is significant enough to warrant a gem.
  • Save the gem for another (name)
    I'm divided. I do not think she needs a gem since the furies dont really increase her attack too much. Fury buffs (3 of them) increase her attack by 50% more. I love my r5 medusa, but mags eclipses her atm. I do think she is worth ranking up still since she shuts down robots by 100%, but a gem.... i am divided.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    Yes it does
    The best thing about using the gem on her is that she needs just ONE level of sig ability to make a difference. Use the gem and that's it, no stones.

Don't pay attention to those who say that since she is no longer beyond god tier then she's worthless. It is true that Red Magneto took away some of her relevance as a robot killer, but the truth of the matter is that Medusa is still arguably better for ROBOTS than Magneto, because Mags cannot shut down robot power gain nor ability accuracy to -100% like Medusa does. Problem
    Is that people prefer to invest in Magneto because he's second best against Robots, but #1 against other non robot METAL champs , for which Medusa may not be the answer. So you will definitely get more bang for your buck investing on Magnetos instead than on Medusa, but that doesn't take away the fact that she is still #1 robot killer. She's poison immune, so that's some extra utility she has against Magneto.

Another important consideration of awakening her , besides the fact that doing so does indeed make her even more lethal at what she does best (which is to kill robots) is that it makes her for a ton of problematic nodes, which have already been mentioned here in the thread. In particular, awakening her makes her usable on the cosmic chapter of Cavalier EQ, because those furies convert into the needed aptitudes of the global node... and there's plenty of Robots to kill in that chapter so there you go, another reason to awaken her.

Last but not least, do you have a 6* R1 Black Bolt sitting around that never sees the light of day? Well, give him purpose and pair him with a duped Medusa... giving her 6 furies instead of just three and making her even more ridiculously overpowered. For example, back when I faced 6.1.5 post tuneup Crossbones, I didn't have any of his prime counters (such as Warlock, G2099, Hyperion, etc). How did i beat him then? Well my duped Medusa with BB synergy took away like 35%-40% of Crossbones' health in one single shot. The rest I finished him with CMM.
    Yes it does

The best thing about using the gem on her is that she needs just ONE level of sig ability to make a difference. Use the gem and that's it, no stones.

Don't pay attention to those who say that since she is no longer beyond god tier then she's worthless. It is true that Red Magneto took away some of her relevance as a robot killer, but the truth of the matter is that Medusa is still arguably better for ROBOTS than Magneto, because Mags cannot shut down robot power gain nor ability accuracy to -100% like Medusa does. Problem
    Is that people prefer to invest in Magneto because he's second best against Robots, but #1 against other non robot METAL champs , for which Medusa may not be the answer. So you will definitely get more bang for your buck investing on Magnetos instead than on Medusa, but that doesn't take away the fact that she is still #1 robot killer. She's poison immune, so that's some extra utility she has against Magneto.

Another important consideration of awakening her , besides the fact that doing so does indeed make her even more lethal at what she does best (which is to kill robots) is that it makes her for a ton of problematic nodes, which have already been mentioned here in the thread. In particular, awakening her makes her usable on the cosmic chapter of Cavalier EQ, because those furies convert into the needed aptitudes of the global node... and there's plenty of Robots to kill in that chapter so there you go, another reason to awaken her.

Last but not least, do you have a 6* R1 Black Bolt sitting around that never sees the light of day? Well, give him purpose and pair him with a duped Medusa... giving her 6 furies instead of just three and making her even more ridiculously overpowered. For example, back when I faced 6.1.5 post tuneup Crossbones, I didn't have any of his prime counters (such as Warlock, G2099, Hyperion, etc). How did i beat him then? Well my duped Medusa with BB synergy took away like 35%-40% of Crossbones' health in one single shot. The rest I finished him with CMM.

Black Bolt is actually usable as well now if you have the Hit Monkey Synergy, though he still needs to be awakened I think... And isn't commonly available as a 5 Star... (I think Black Bolt is still one of those Champions like Gamora or Abomination who's in the Basic 6 Star Pool but not the 5 Star Basic Pool)