**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

For those of you who are Thronebreaker - would you take a bad champion up to Rank 3 to achieve it?

Knowing what you know, is it worth it? I’m seconds from completing my first Tier 5 Class Catalyst but the class I’m closest to achieving a fully formed Tier 5 CC is one in which I have no useful champions. Is it worth it just to get the daily deals and Glory store upgrades?

Comments

• Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★

Unfortunately, I have horrible luck.

Of my Tier 5 CC storage,I have:

33,300 Mystic
    30,150 Science
    29,700 Tech

I’m struggling as to which class to use the 25% selector on.

In Mystic, I have Morningstar, Iron Fist, and Ebony Maw (all unawakened).

In Science, I have MODOK, Sentry, and Abomination (I don’t have Guardian).

In tech, I have multiple worthy champions to Rank 3 - particularly Awakened Hulkbuster.

If I choose Tech, I could be waiting for a few more months before I could become Thronebreaker (I’ll be about 5,000 Tier 5 CC off).

If I choose Mystic, I could possibly become Thronebreaker this month if I choose Shards for the next half of the side event... but I have no worthy champion to rank up.

For those of you who are Thronebreaker, what do you suggest? Should I just try to get it as fast as I can and rank up a mystic champion I won’t use (not sure if unawakened Maw would be good for defense)? Or should I take the long road and build up my Tech class?
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    You don't need to rank someone to use right now, but you should think about long term use. For example, Abom would be a good choice if you needed to because you should eventually get RG, then he is useful in so many places. In my opinion, you should wait until you have a champ that you want to rank rather than settle. T5CCs still don't come around that quickly to justify ranking anyone just for the title.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    For me it depends how much you think you need a r3 for content. I’d argue for those not playing highest ranks of aq or aw nobody does so why not just use it as an investment to access TB. By the time we need r3s for content, and I’d say that’s looking like 7.3/4 based on 7.1, T5cc is likely to be way less problematic to obtain.

What does TB give you right now? A steady flow of t4b t4c t2a and t5b from the daily crystals. If you’re lucky 5/6* shards and champs and T5cc. 2 basic cavs a month. Access to better offers and not a great deal more.

Hopefully soon we get some TB content and the rewards that go with it.
  • Morningstar is worthy of R3 IMO. As others have said, you don’t need to rush the title, sure there’s a few benefits, but at this stage the only real benefit is the daily crystal which is a lot better than the cavalier and a cav crystal every 2 weeks. The glory store upgrade for the T5CC isn’t really worth nearly half of your weekly glory anyway - if you’re in a position to comfortably buy that T5CC you’re either never doing war or in a 7x5 alliance anyway.
  • QuattrucciQuattrucci Posts: 160 ★★
    I think it’s worth the it for the mental factor as well. Before the TB requirement came out, I wasn’t even thinking of ranking 6*s and just R5ing for champs to have fun and clear content. Once I made the plunge and R3 the only champ I could after Abyss completion, unduped Thing ( which isn’t bad but not my first choice and I had a 5/65 already). Now that I’m already TB I’m able to go back to leveling up 5/65s and having fun, without the stress of hitting that next progression.
  • BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    Yes. It is worth it. You may have a bad champ but you can buy a 5% crystal for 2700 glory in the glory store and you can buy one every 8 days if you have the glory. Also the daily crystal is drastically upgraded.
    Short term it isn’t worth it. Long term it is more than worth it. In the short term you will have a bad r3. In the long term you will have much more opportunity than if you don’t. It might take a little while to get there but I’m getting an extra 15% t5c per month now Than when I was cavalier plus the daily crystal boost.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    This should be asked to non thornbreakers.

I’m not one and would/WILL rank up anyone I need to.

Thousands of threads and videos on what you can get from the daily crystals...WORTH IT!!!

I’m half way to a T5 tech...then I’m thornbreaker
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Somewhat relevant datapoint:

Not TB, but sat on a T5 mutant. Popped fourth featured 6* and wound up with Apocalypse. Decided to take him to R3 instead of my R2 Havok.

I’d like to think it was worth the wait.

Dr. Zola
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021

This should be asked to non thornbreakers.

I’m not one and would/WILL rank up anyone I need to.

Thousands of threads and videos on what you can get from the daily crystals...WORTH IT!!!

I’m half way to a T5 tech...then I’m thornbreaker

What stuff that's in the daily crystals can you not readily get other places?

Also.... *Thronebreaker.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Bad? No. Decent? Maybe. Gotta be honest, I haven't seen a big benefit from TB yet. I got T5B right before Christmas. All I've been getting is T4B from daily crystals and the Christmas gift wasn't that much better. For my account personally, I would've preferred the 5* AG personally. But I know I'll see some big time benefit next time some crazy compensation or calendar comes around.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    A bad champ? No.

A suboptimal champ? Absolutely.

Probably around the high demi god and above on Seatins tier list is a good ballpark.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    There's really no loss in ranking up a bad champ to R3 for the sole purpose of TB. Like someone said above, content isn't geared towards R3 6*s yet, so if you do end up taking a Rhino or Ultron to R3, it's not really going to impact your progression, meaning you're still going to use your 5*s and viable 6* R2s for content clearing, just as you would've without the R3. Your content clearing rate stays the same while you get the benefits of TB. I'd say it's pretty worth it.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Not to mention the rate at which you'll form future T5CC increases once you get the title.
  • cs89518cs89518 Posts: 23
    Do you think it would be worth it to rank up my 6* aegon to r3 to get thronebreaker, i'm only 4% away but he's unawakened and I can't really get him awakened til I explore abyss, which I can't do unless I awaken my aegon
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Not worth taking a meme-tier champ up but any slightly below average or average champ is definitely worth. No content requires rank 3 6* as of now as other's have said and with Kabam buffing quite a few champs per month, there's good chance that champ could be buffed too.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    It's been just about worth R3 what was my maybe 5th choice for R3 (BWDO awakened) for the calendar and maybe 1/10 of the daily pulls. 4-hour pulls are also better wrt pots but no real big thing.

But no I wouldn't have R3'd a not-so-good champ for it like say Diablo unawakened or something. All my below average 6* stay at rank 1 just for arena.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I took corvus and almost don't use him, as I don't run suicides. I pulled aarkus and serfer right after I ranked corvus. And yes, it kinda worth it. If you get the, you can buy extra 10% of t5cc and a lot of t5b. If you won't get an r3 worthy champ of the class you have t5cc already, on average it not be a lose at very least. On the other hand, you may form t5cc you need garter. I've been hunting t5cc for a month now to r3 sentinel, without tb and same t5cc class sequence it would've mean waiting about 3 months. So I believe it's smarter to use it, than not to, on that reason alone. Plus you get cav crystal every second week and daily crystal upgrade
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Don`t think just level him/her up. It is just your first r3. The meta is still at r2 and r5 5*. Just see this first rankup as a step up towards gaining your next r3 much quicker.
    You get 5% each week from Glory, 5% each month from calander. And your daily and 4h crystals are much better also.
    So you`ll probably be getting that Tech champ upgraded much sooner if you go for another class now. Than as when you wait for that last 5k shards as a cavalier.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Definitely not. There arent a ton of perks yet. That said, id definitely r3 MS.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    This guy saying MS isn't rank 3 worthy? I'm gonna cry
  • AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
    It really depends on how bad the bad champ is. An average champ? Yes. A bad champ like say... Cyclops ect, absolutely not.