**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Deadpool (X-Force) and Ultron Rework, Karnak Buff

I need opinions pls.
But first:
Deadpool (X-Force) Rework- This is probably the biggest one out of the 3. He basically evolves from a 1 trick pony dud to an insane heavy utility bleeder.
Ultron Rework- Now a quest based champion that gains benefits from fighting mutants and Avengers. Gains benefits throughout part of a quest after defeating Avengers.
Karnak Buff- Kept some of his kit alone and actually made his critical hits reliable. (Might be broken)

Deadpool (X-Force)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gkzKo3c48dTG8p7bENd8iIubUiDtrv7JKi7PC-cIqws/edit?usp=sharing

Ultron(MCU)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14CY1IBGlXAT_YpmQ8L9f1YbG5w7gqAYK8eJH7k1JYQM/edit?usp=sharing

Karnak
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zf9MclW19SJoovENsLuGzRN2dEOo5cTy1hxXGmNjT8k/edit?usp=sharing

Comments

• These are all so cool and really buff up the champs!!! Lol I agree Karnak does sound a little broken but possibly by reducing some of the cruelty/precision values that could probably be fixed. Also maybe on his sp2, the armour break only activates if their bleed immune? That might help balance and add some utility idk.
    Ultron's body switch I think is GENIUS and maybe what you can do is it costs 2 persistent charges to activate and each activation also reduces the max number of persistent charges available? So the original will have 8, the first switch will go down to 6 and so on, as well as the reduction in max health too.
    Deadpool sounds very fun and has a lot of utility I think he would be a very cool character indeed. Overall I think you've smashed it for sure and hopefully we do get to see some of these enter the game!!!
  • TheDaywalkerTheDaywalker Posts: 143

These are all so cool and really buff up the champs!!! Lol I agree Karnak does sound a little broken but possibly by reducing some of the cruelty/precision values that could probably be fixed. Also maybe on his sp2, the armour break only activates if their bleed immune? That might help balance and add some utility idk.
    Ultron's body switch I think is GENIUS and maybe what you can do is it costs 2 persistent charges to activate and each activation also reduces the max number of persistent charges available? So the original will have 8, the first switch will go down to 6 and so on, as well as the reduction in max health too.
    Deadpool sounds very fun and has a lot of utility I think he would be a very cool character indeed. Overall I think you've smashed it for sure and hopefully we do get to see some of these enter the game!!!

Thank you for the feedback! Gonna make these changes!
  • Bgchow13Bgchow13 Posts: 39
    @TheDaywalker, I like your concepts for updating/buffing these characters, but I disagree with some of the details. For example, there is nothing to show that Deadpool has the base ability of Petrifying an opponent. I completely agree it would be a cool and useful ability for a character to have, but whatever in-game ability you give a character needs to meet the parameters of what is already established within the Marvel Universe.

If you want to introduce Petrify as an ability for Deadpool I would suggest making it a repercussion of his Telepathic Immunity ability.

Deadpool's regenerative factor gives him an immunity to psychic attacks and he has been able to resist the power of Emma Frost and Cable. In some cases attempting to psychically link with him backfires on the opponent. I would suggest the ability read like the following:

Deadpool's Healing Factor makes his brain immune to Reversed Controls and any Telepathic Attacks have a X% chance of Petrifying the opponent, reducing the Potency of Power Gain and Regeneration effects by X% for X seconds.

I'm not trying to put down your effort at all. Just trying to give you some positive feedback on the draft builds you shared with the community. Thank you.
    Bgchow13 said:

@TheDaywalker, I like your concepts for updating/buffing these characters, but I disagree with some of the details. For example, there is nothing to show that Deadpool has the base ability of Petrifying an opponent. I completely agree it would be a cool and useful ability for a character to have, but whatever in-game ability you give a character needs to meet the parameters of what is already established within the Marvel Universe.

If you want to introduce Petrify as an ability for Deadpool I would suggest making it a repercussion of his Telepathic Immunity ability.

Deadpool's regenerative factor gives him an immunity to psychic attacks and he has been able to resist the power of Emma Frost and Cable. In some cases attempting to psychically link with him backfires on the opponent. I would suggest the ability read like the following:

Deadpool's Healing Factor makes his brain immune to Reversed Controls and any Telepathic Attacks have a X% chance of Petrifying the opponent, reducing the Potency of Power Gain and Regeneration effects by X% for X seconds.

I'm not trying to put down your effort at all. Just trying to give you some positive feedback on the draft builds you shared with the community. Thank you.

I don't think I put anything that said Deadpool could petrify the opponent. Are you talking about his immunity to petrify? If you are, I was planning to get rid of it just because it's not something that would be in the mutant class imo.
  • Bgchow13Bgchow13 Posts: 39
    @TheDaywalker I thought I read that in the first block of Passive abilities you had listed, but maybe I read it wrong.

I agree with @RichieRichards1, the Body Switch ability for Ultron is really clever. I also really like the concept of Ultron's dislike toward organic life being highlighted in your build.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Man that Ultron buff looks good!

Man that Ultron buff looks good!

Thank you for the feedback!
    Bgchow13 said:

@TheDaywalker I thought I read that in the first block of Passive abilities you had listed, but maybe I read it wrong.

I agree with @RichieRichards1, the Body Switch ability for Ultron is really clever. I also really like the concept of Ultron's dislike toward organic life being highlighted in your build.

Yeah it was the petrify immunity. I replaced it with buff steal immunity from non-mutant champions.