**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Guardian Top 5 (maybe best or at least most underrated Champ?) in the Tech class?!?

MAERvelGODMAERvelGOD Posts: 320 ★★★
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hard to argue against... G99, Ghost, Star Lord etc can't do this........

https://youtu.be/j81dioKla4Q
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• MAERvelGODMAERvelGOD Posts: 320 ★★★
    That AQ Midboss Beast had an 80K health pool for reference

Ghost is still better

In certain fights, for sure

Some people, mind-blowingly, do actually think Guardian isn't as great as he really is so that's why I say he is underrated generally speaking
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    Guardian has a high burst damage potential however. Ghost has more sustainability in her damage and can deliver bursts MUCH quicker. Guilly 2099 is able to work around damage caps making her better for LOL/AOL than every champ in game minus Ægon. Star Lord has near completely fallen out of the meta, sorry to say it but Guilly 2099s existence just renders him redundant. Warlock has more base utility without needing any sig ability. He may not have energy resistance but he has 3 immunities and can heal block/power drain, oh and to anyone who says he has bad damage you’ve obviously never played him properly, 20k damage in 2 hits on a 5/65 is easily achievable on a semi regular basis. I mean hell, there’s an argument that Punisher 2099 is better than him, the power control and decent damage that comes with it are not to be ignored.

Guardian can only really be the best option when he’s at sig 200 and in a long fight where he can ramp up, he doesn’t really fill any burning holes in the tech roster and honestly it’s sad, he’s just a champion who does what is already on offer. Ofc if he’s your only option he is great, but the moment you pull Ghost, Warlock, G2099 or many other champions who need no ramp up, you’ll just use him less and less.

If you want to look at a champion who got it right look at Mysterio. He’s a tech champion that has some common tech abilities like power drain, but he offers SO MUCH MORE. Poison is a rare ability for tech champions and having a damage rotation based around it means you get a more unique experience, what he does best isn’t done better by other champs in the same class, leading to him being ranked up over a Warlock or G2099, what he does is different and so it’s hard to compare him.

Idk guardian is good but a perfect example of the need for kabam to get creative and not just recycle old mechanics/abilities
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I think he's rated exactly right. He's good. He's not good enough for me to R5 him though.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★

Ghost is still better

Some people, mind-blowingly, do actually think Guardian isn't as great as he really is so that's why I say he is underrated generally speaking
    I was going to take you seriously, but unfortunately you said this.
    So saying a lot of people don't think he's good so that makes him underrated and that means I can't be taken seriously?????
    Has anyone said he isn’t great? He is perfectly rated at 4th behind g2099, ghost, and warlock (not in that order). I have not seen anything about him being a bad or even just decent character
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Ghost is still better

So saying a lot of people don't think he's good so that makes him underrated and that means I can't be taken seriously?????
    Has anyone said he isn’t great? He is perfectly rated at 4th behind g2099, ghost, and warlock (not in that order). I have not seen anything about him being a bad or even just decent character
    have you read tp33s comment
    Crcrcrc said:

Ghost is still better

I dunno. I think he's decent at best for my roster. There's no situation where I've thought "Damn I really need my Guardian to be R5 instead of R4 to clear this content".

But that's me personally. That and outside of Aegon I don't like heavy ramp up champs, especially that need to be ramped up every single fight.

He's good, he'll serve well for those that need a solid damage dealer. But for me.... until there's a real specific reason for me to need him, he'll be an average champ in my roster.
    Gigantea said:

I have a 6* R2 Duped Sig 20. Enjoying every moments.

NICE!!!!! I'm JEALOUS!

ItsDamien said:

I think he's rated exactly right. He's good. He's not good enough for me to R5 him though.

Strongly disagree that he's not R5 worthy but you do you man....
    That's not exactly what I said either. He's not good enough FOR ME to R5. I have better champs that are R5 or R2, there no need FOR ME to R5 him since he has no place where I need him.

Me not wanting to R5 him for content I have champs that clear content =/= Not R5 worthy.
    Lvernon15 said:

I mean that clip isn’t particularly impressive, the healthpool is very small, however I do think he’s one of the most underrated champs, mainly for his utility though, particularly all the huge resistance on his sig

That SP2 BOMB vs. an 80K Beast was only with 6 Force Field charges too btw... So if they are stacked up, HOLY SH**
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021

Crcrcrc said:

Ghost is still better

have you read tp33s comment
    Oh wow, that’s just... wow
    Not sure why anyone would think he isn’t top tier.