**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War update/overhaul when? + (a little recap)

SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Since this War-Version is still the one that noone asked for or wanted and even kabam themself said was a big fail (the global nodes mainly) I was wondering for when the new one was planned.

Back when the "new" War-Map dropped with fresh (and horrible) nodes the backlash was so big bc it was right after the "Roadmap" thing.

The War design was still made in the "unfun" time before they took the feedback to heart (according to kabam)

What happend since was nerf after nerf to the local nodes and globals

which is a good thing but also often took way too long / sometimes seasons => looking at Flow (damn that was a brutal time)

2-3 months ago I also read somewhere that in season 23 the new stuff should drop.

Now that this season comes to an end soon (and nothing has happend so far)
Im wondering where we are heading.

Btw the nodes on lane 2 are still super unfun and annoying.

Some Infos would be really cool and helps with the planning in high Tier Wars for the future (officer and leader know what I mean)

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I’d say there’s a good chance at a bare minimum some new tactics for season 24, but yeah, waiting for the bigger rework
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I’d say there’s a good chance at a bare minimum some new tactics for season 24, but yeah, waiting for the bigger rework

I really dont hope we stay in the "new" global node loop. Every new one was horrible and since kabam themself said it was a fail Im looking forward to something better.

Call me naive but I hope it happens.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    What is it, 900, or 1,000 alliances from master 1 to the bottom of p4?

We are g2, tier 6, 2 BGs, 10k prestige alliance. The rewards are barely worth it. Really they aren't worth it, especially compared to AQ and EQ. According to kabam, that makes us Top 6-7% and we are only, begrudgingly, doing it for the end of season t2a.

We could push, but compared to the rewards from AQ (and we are map 4 only, 3,600 glory per 8 days), even g1 is a complete waste of time and effort.

The counter point is, one of the videos I really like and maybe it is just the editing, are @Swedeah war vid series. War is supremely difficult at the highest level, costs a fortune, so I fully appreciate the need for kabam to ring fence the rewards for those that, mainly, spend.

But it does mean a game mode for everyone outside of the top 5% that is underwhelming at very best.

So yes, it could do with a revamp!
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    War is extremely costly, but honestly is the reason why I still play this game. No other content makes me feel what I feel when I play AW. The anger when I die, the sarisfaction when I defeat a hard champ oneshot, the adrenaline, the teamwork...

I think that the Tactics made it difficult, but also more challenging, and this is actually something good in my opinion.

However, they were introduced to give alliances the possibility to customize their own map and boost up the “strategic” factor.
    Sadly, aside maybe a couple of seasons since when they were introduced, they just turned out to be an additional node. No strategy at all: at the beginning it was bulwark (everyone was running bulwark); then it was siphon; then flow came; and now, since about six month (no other “preferred global node” lasted so long), is the time for stubborn.
    I think that the idea could be good, but it didn’t go as intended. Now we don’t really have the power to choose, and when a war starts you don’t even check the global node (you know it is set on stubborn).

My ideal suggestion is to have 3 EQUALLY ANNOYING global nodes, with 3 months turnover (they change every three seasons).

Since I don’t think it will never happen, at least I propose to change them now, or at least to change the “preferred” one: so nerf stubborn and give us a new one, in order to start facing different maps, and male AW less boring.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    simolaz said:

War is extremely costly, but honestly is the reason why I still play this game. No other content makes me feel what I feel when I play AW. The anger when I die, the sarisfaction when I defeat a hard champ oneshot, the adrenaline, the teamwork...

I think that the Tactics made it difficult, but also more challenging, and this is actually something good in my opinion.

However, they were introduced to give alliances the possibility to customize their own map and boost up the “strategic” factor.
    Sadly, aside maybe a couple of seasons since when they were introduced, they just turned out to be an additional node. No strategy at all: at the beginning it was bulwark (everyone was running bulwark); then it was siphon; then flow came; and now, since about six month (no other “preferred global node” lasted so long), is the time for stubborn.
    I think that the idea could be good, but it didn’t go as intended. Now we don’t really have the power to choose, and when a war starts you don’t even check the global node (you know it is set on stubborn).

My ideal suggestion is to have 3 EQUALLY ANNOYING global nodes, with 3 months turnover (they change every three seasons).

Since I don’t think it will never happen, at least I propose to change them now, or at least to change the “preferred” one: so nerf stubborn and give us a new one, in order to start facing different maps, and male AW less boring.

Or just put a cap on how many wars you can use each tactic for during the season and buff the gold and silver rewards too. That would make alliance war much more worthwhile unless they completely rework it.
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★

simolaz said:

Or just put a cap on how many wars you can use each tactic for during the season and buff the gold and silver rewards too. That would make alliance war much more worthwhile unless they completely rework it.
    Yes! This is another great idea...

Tactics can be a good thing, but not in the way they are now (and since they were released).
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

simolaz said:

As an officer who designs defence that’s just about my worst nightmare, having to have potentially 3 completely different defences every season would just be too much
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

simolaz said:

As an officer who designs defence that’s just about my worst nightmare, having to have potentially 3 completely different defences every season would just be too much
    I had not considered that. That would be a huge headache. Another reason I guess why War needs a big update or rework.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    I really wonder how they want to turn war around (if they even want that)
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Don't know if they'll be able to turn around war at this point. The last revitalization were the first iterations of seasons but now war just needs a reboot to become something completely new at this point. They seem to just be minorly changing what they had before and it isn't working