**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War rewards need big Big BIG buff

GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
edited January 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
War needs a buff. Come on now. Nobody needs to explain it. We all know. In tier 5 and above we spend crazy resources, more than the amount gained from the season rewards. Do you not see a problem here?

War should have a fun amount of resources gained. Stuff we can't get anywhere else or atleast very healthy amounts of the stuff we can get other places. It doesn't make sense to have players struggle through a war season for a net loss. But that is the reality for a lot of alliances. We are coordinating, using boosts and strategy and skill, all while stressing and spending time. Yet at the end of the season we are taking a net loss on resources for all the glory spent to compete.

That is dirty. Kabam.... Kabam ! Come on. Do something with War. I don't want to have to quit my alliance.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• My alliance decided to forgo on using skill this season

LOL
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Pyrda said:

Gold 1+2 rewards are worse you have to compete in t5 atleast a few fights and you get nearly nothing for it, so pls change the rewards or make war more fun and less item intensive

That’s why it’s Tier 5 for a “few fights” and that’s why it’s G1/2.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

My alliance decided to forgo on using skill this season

Happens to the best of us sometimes
  • LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
    Completely agree with you. Now I don’t even feel like playing AQ and AW.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

My alliance decided to forgo on using skill this season

Protesting against trashy rewards 😂 by getting even worse rewards, well dunno if you’ve all made masters or not yet
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Graydrox said:

War needs a buff. Come on now. Nobody needs to explain it. We all know. In tier 5 and above we spend crazy resources, more than the amount gained from the season rewards. Do you not see a problem here?

War should have a fun amount of resources gained. Stuff we can't get anywhere else or atleast very healthy amounts of the stuff we can get other places. It doesn't make sense to have players struggle through a war season for a net loss. But that is the reality for a lot of alliances. We are coordinating, using boosts and strategy and skill, all while stressing and spending time. Yet at the end of the season we are taking a net loss on resources for all the glory spent to compete.

That is dirty. Kabam.... Kabam ! Come on. Do something with War. I don't want to have to quit my alliance.

So...... are you going to make a suggestion to what you want to see? I'd really like to hear what your expectations are for "fun amount of resources".
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Definitely agree. There is a lot that ls due a rework.

Win loss crystal
    Shards for a win and loss
    The t5cc at end of season
    The 5 and 6 stars to end season.
    The milestones for the whole season (individual) these even for low accounts are bad. They should be tiered for progression. Remove the shard and crystals and add revives potions loyalty and boosts.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Yeah, aw is due a rework, rewards buffs haven’t happens for ages, stubborn has been the dominant tactic for so long that it’s just dull now, really hoping stuff is shaken up for next season

there was a time when i absolutely hated Flow Wars because that's all people would use and now it's Stubborn which if i'm being honest, is easy especially with Stubborn attackers. i think people use it now to negate Quake but some people are still able to use Quake.

anyway, totally agree .... rewards are abysmal if you're not in a Master alliance (even Plat)
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Graydrox said:

Graydrox said:

So...... are you going to make a suggestion to what you want to see? I'd really like to hear what your expectations are for "fun amount of resources".
    Why do you want my suggestion anyway? You just want to stomp on it?
    Well, people just want to see what your side of the argument is. If you have a problem, propose a solution.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    well to be fair, Kabam is actually revamping War entirely. so they know the suckage of it. and it's a Dungeons to Incursions level of revamping. so there's hope that we see something amazing happen with War at some point.
    Graydrox said:

Graydrox said:

War store. We should get a type of war credit similar to glory where we can buy exclusive items. Maybe those epoc crystals for example. I don't know. Why do you want my suggestion anyway? You just want to stomp on it?
    Because you have a problem with rewards. If you don't offer input or solutions or give any sort of idea, how is Kabam going to get close to what you want? Lets say they do make changes but none of which are what you wanted. You didn't give any input other than they need updated.

The point of feedback is to give suggestions to make improvements. Lets assume you are an adult with a job. Your performance review comes up and you tell your boss you are looking for a raise. So your boss takes that bit of information and gives you $.05 more per hour. It's not what you were wanting but you didn't specify what you wanted.

A war store isn't a bad idea but how do epoch shards fall into resources you can for war? If your point is to not have a "net loss" in resources, wouldn't you want them to just offer things like boosts and pots and rank up resources for AW?

The point in me asking isn't to stomp on your ideas but from your initial post, I feel a lot of high expectations that will only lead to disappointment. That's why laying out your ideas is good so that people can point out where you're aiming too high.
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★

Graydrox said:

Graydrox said:

Why do you want my suggestion anyway? You just want to stomp on it?
    Well, people just want to see what your side of the argument is. If you have a problem, propose a solution.
    If it was a difficult problem I would try to do that I guess. But the solutions are wide open in this case.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,043 ★★★★★
    GUYS THIS IS 2/3 YEARS AGO

GUYS THIS IS 2/3 YEARS AGO

What?
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★

Graydrox said:

Graydrox said:

War store. We should get a type of war credit similar to glory where we can buy exclusive items. Maybe those epoc crystals for example. I don't know. Why do you want my suggestion anyway? You just want to stomp on it?
    Because you have a problem with rewards. If you don't offer input or solutions or give any sort of idea, how is Kabam going to get close to what you want? Lets say they do make changes but none of which are what you wanted. You didn't give any input other than they need updated.

The point of feedback is to give suggestions to make improvements. Lets assume you are an adult with a job. Your performance review comes up and you tell your boss you are looking for a raise. So your boss takes that bit of information and gives you $.05 more per hour. It's not what you were wanting but you didn't specify what you wanted.

A war store isn't a bad idea but how do epoch shards fall into resources you can for war? If your point is to not have a "net loss" in resources, wouldn't you want them to just offer things like boosts and pots and rank up resources for AW?

The point in me asking isn't to stomp on your ideas but from your initial post, I feel a lot of high expectations that will only lead to disappointment. That's why laying out your ideas is good so that people can point out where you're aiming too high.
    I hear you. But Kabam isn't going to jot down my suggestions and propose them to the team. It's a waste of time giving specifics imo. Just let kabam know what needs to be worked on and they will figure out their own solution to the problem. They have their own special concerns they have to work around.

But one thing I will say is that the glory store spending to feed wars need to stop. War is pretty much canceling out our AQ rewards. Potions should not be available in the glory store. There's a specific answer for you.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Graydrox said:

Graydrox said:

Graydrox said:

I hear you. But Kabam isn't going to jot down my suggestions and propose them to the team. It's a waste of time giving specifics imo. Just let kabam know what needs to be worked on and they will figure out their own solution to the problem. They have their own special concerns they have to work around.

But one thing I will say is that the glory store spending to feed wars need to stop. War is pretty much canceling out our AQ rewards. Potions should not be available in the glory store. There's a specific answer for you.
    Then if you won't provide feedback, you have no right to complain when changes are made if you don't like them.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    If this debate is kept civil, it would genuinely be interesting to read suggestions on here. I agree with most of the comments and @Wicket329 is so on the money. Once you hit TB, unless you are pushing for masters the value from war is questionable for the effort.

So what's the solution? Should it just be a game mode for the top 300?

I've thought before that they could do a tournament, which any Alliance can enter, but frankly is going to be a 3/45 6* nightmare, so really aimed at the elite and whales.

Everyone else could then enter either max 4* or max 5* / 2/35 6* war brackets, possibly with scaled rewards based on alliance prestige like AQ is, but with a lot less of the nightmare nodes. How incursions is a fun mode, AW could be that too. And the cap on 4* or 5* introduces an element of difficulty control. Maybe even have forced diversity too for lols.

Anyway, just a suggestion to add to the mix, of course they will ignore this and every other suggestion made, but it at least keeps an interesting thread going.

And @danielmath , that comment made me laugh out loud! :-)