**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

IBom vs DDHK

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    You're the one who asked for uses, what do you want me to say really?

Or is this another "Buff Daredevil he sucks" post hidden in a "Daredevil bug broken fix him" post?
    If it is the first case then I get it now, it was a dumb way to create the thread, and I've been giving the answers of a whole other subject
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Just a mobile video game forum guys, it’s nothing more than that. People may disagree, but if it’s gonna be an argument between a few people there is a group DM system on the forums so please take it there instead of keeping this thread at the top
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    I bet that’s the first comment we both agreed on by clicking disagree, lol.

Ok I’ve said my piece every which way
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I don’t want to jump on the DDHK spokesperson bandwagon, but I’ve been very vocal that I’ve wanted a response from Kabam re: DDHK if they were going to consider adjusting him or not.

One of the reasons for “another DDHK sucks thread” is because Kabam won’t respond at all if - one way or another - they are considering adjusting the regen values. It’s actually creating these they should do this or that. The entire reason to have a voice is so they can pass information. Ignoring the threads only create more of them.

Having said that - I like DDHK very much. The guy feels like the show character with the grittiness and toughness. He can do a lot of things BUT is a high skill based champ and the reward doesn’t match the effort.

One comment was that they can make rage passive. Honestly, if they can keep rage at 40% regen BUT 40% damage taken by that debuff if you’re fighting Void and the such then it’ll be more fair. I heal a ton from it.

All other debuffs inflicted on DDHK should heal at 100% willpower value - not 40%. Except poison - just keep it at that.

Either way, he’s not broken, but he’s not what he should be. Damage output is meh, and could use a tweak but the regen is what makes people not want to use him.

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Corvus is unusable without suicides. He's broken. I don't want to use suicides so he should be given an extra 40 glaive charges at least.

See how stupid that sounds? Don't like a champ with a certain mastery setup or against certain matchups? Use another one.

Corvus is unusable without suicides. He's broken. I don't want to use suicides so he should be given an extra 40 glaive charges at least.

See how stupid that sounds? Don't like a champ with a certain mastery setup or against certain matchups? Use another one.

LOL. What if Thanos won? Then would Ebony Maw be god tier?

It sounds dumb - yes.

Then would Ebony Maw be god tier?

He is Above All Maw's Tier, the highest of them all

What keeps getting ignored in this thread is that KABAM promoted the use of the willpower mastery with DDHK when it turns out that it’s completely useless with DDHK. That’s what’s broken here. In that post it was stated that he would Regen too much with normal willpower so they had to nerf it.

Now Ibom is much more widespread and being used by the community there is an obvious comparison to DDHK, as here is a champ that has a non damaging debuff that is almost always running and his Regen rate has been untouched?

This is the broken part folks, combined with an example of a champ that gets normal Regen rates AND an immunity.

And like fluffypigmonster stated KABAM being silent on this is the problem as they stated they would respond to the community on his Regen rate on the initial DDHK sucks post. Maybe if the community got an update one way or another about this these posts would stop. Personally I don’t want these posts to go away until we get a response here.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

Name one place after act 5 you’ll use him. I’ve accepted that I’ve fed the troll at this point but would love an actual response

Act 6, Act 7, Event quests, side quests, arena, AQ, AW, Incursions, special quests. Pretty much anywhere.
    Why do you think he can't be used in any of those?
    okay let's reword this

Name one place after Act 5 that DDHK is a competent choice in
  • Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    honestly when the regen rate was lowered I thought ddhk would get like 50 debuffs per second and it would just be too op but it was completely unnecessary, and he ain't even that good lmao

BigBlueOx said:

Name one place after act 5 you’ll use him. I’ve accepted that I’ve fed the troll at this point but would love an actual response

Act 6, Act 7, Event quests, side quests, arena, AQ, AW, Incursions, special quests. Pretty much anywhere.
    okay let's reword this

Same thing. He is not the best option, and there are a lot of better options than him. But he IS an option.
    In comparison, I used Ebony Maw and Terrax on act 7. Not just some bosses, but paths as well. And some people might think Daredevil is better than them
    edited January 2021

BigBlueOx said:

okay let's reword this

Same thing. He is not the best option, and there are a lot of better options than him. But he IS an option.
    In comparison, I used Ebony Maw and Terrax on act 7. Not just some bosses, but paths as well. And some people might think Daredevil is better than them
    Didn't quite answer the question. Name one place after Act 5 that DDHK is a competent choice in.

BigBlueOx said:

okay let's reword this

Didn't quite answer the question. Name one place after Act 5 that DDHK is a competent choice in.
    Pretty. Much. Anywhere.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

okay let's reword this

That's a loaded question. There's plenty of good champs that aren't a competent choice in certain scenarios, and other champs that you wouldn't usually take for other scenarios. I took my R1 6* Red Cyclops into Variant 6 for the Havok there because I didn't have another Villain with either power drain or an armour up buff to counter Havok safely. But Red Cyclops being a Villain and immune to Havoks Plasma and Specials made him a very specific counter that I was grateful to have at that time.
    edited January 2021
    BigBlueOx said:

What keeps getting ignored in this thread is that KABAM promoted the use of the willpower mastery with DDHK when it turns out that it’s completely useless with DDHK. That’s what’s broken here. In that post it was stated that he would Regen too much with normal willpower so they had to nerf it.

Now Ibom is much more widespread and being used by the community there is an obvious comparison to DDHK, as here is a champ that has a non damaging debuff that is almost always running and his Regen rate has been untouched?

This is the broken part folks, combined with an example of a champ that gets normal Regen rates AND an immunity.

And like fluffypigmonster stated KABAM being silent on this is the problem as they stated they would respond to the community on his Regen rate on the initial DDHK sucks post. Maybe if the community got an update one way or another about this these posts would stop. Personally I don’t want these posts to go away until we get a response here.
    His regen rate isn't untouched though bc that debuff is poison which naturally reduces his regen and continues to do so with each stack...

You aren't owed an explanation let alone a change. The champ is what he is. If you don't like him, don't use him. If you were one of those dumb enough to rank him before using him well, LOL

BigBlueOx said:

His regen rate isn't untouched though bc that debuff is poison which naturally reduces his regen and continues to do so with each stack...

You aren't owed an explanation let alone a change. The champ is what he is. If you don't like him, don't use him. If you were one of those dumb enough to rank him before using him well, LOL
    I kind of disagree with the second part. I mean, people spend money and time on this game and if the community reaches out in numbers then they should respond.

A simple too bad/so sad would work. Doesn’t have to agree to change anything but let people know what your intentions are ESPECIALLY after you say you’re taking our (the community) concerns to the development team, specifically the regen rate, and then never comment on it again.

BigBlueOx said:

Wouldn’t you say it’s good business to follow up on something that you said you would? I’m not owed it but I didn’t set up the expectation either. I do love those in the community that enjoy champs being below mediocre though.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Just because something doesn't work the way you want it to, doesn't mean it's broken. According to Kabam's logic, he is working as intended. Does that make him good? No but he's not broken.
    If he was working as intended then
    ItsDamien said:

BigBlueOx said:

okay let's reword this

That's a loaded question. There's plenty of good champs that aren't a competent choice in certain scenarios, and other champs that you wouldn't usually take for other scenarios. I took my R1 6* Red Cyclops into Variant 6 for the Havok there because I didn't have another Villain with either power drain or an armour up buff to counter Havok safely. But Red Cyclops being a Villain and immune to Havoks Plasma and Specials made him a very specific counter that I was grateful to have at that time.
    I mean that was a competent choice there. DDHK doesn’t even have that lol.

• KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    Maybe they could increase it to something like 70- 75%. Thats almost twice the current state but still lower than usual regen which is pretty good trade for a non damaging positive debuff being on him.

BigBlueOx said:

okay let's reword this

Pretty. Much. Anywhere.
    I await to see your DDHK 6.2.2 Mister Sinister and 6.3.1 Medusa fights
    ItsDamien said:

BigBlueOx said:

okay let's reword this

Just cause Cyclops has something doesn't mean DDHK has it too
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★
    Exactly. Just as an example and stating the obvious, whereas someone like Namor ignores all thorns damage from an awakened Korg, DDHK has to get a combo of 16 hits in so Stick’s Apprentice mode can give him the same protection. That’s assuming of course that DDHK hasn’t been killed by the thorn damage actually getting to Stick’s Apprentice. Namor is optimal in this situation, but DDHK despite what the ability looks like on paper, is actually a sub-optimal choice.

The problem is, there aren’t many places where DDHK is the optimal choice, and I suspect the number of places is so small most players would be better prioritising their resource spends elsewhere. That doesn’t mean DDHK isn’t a fun character to play - he is. And that’s the sad part.
  • DespacitoDespacito Posts: 24
    edited January 2021

There's a big difference between "suicides have a minor positive/negative impact on a champion's performance" and "suicides literally kill the champion". A mastery setup shouldn't render a champion completely unusable
    Despacito said:

There's a big difference between "suicides have a minor positive/negative impact on a champion's performance" and "suicides literally kill the champion". A mastery setup shouldn't render a champion completely unusable
    They've been given the name suicides not life bringers for a reason.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

Judging by kabams response to all the DDHK threads, or lack of, it seems like time to move on and forget about him just like before the buff. Fixing his regen doesn't appear to be on the agenda and as is he's not worth using. I used a 2017 gem on mine hoping to at least play him for fun since I love the character but as is thats not even an option.

There has been a lack of any sort of update, and it’s not for want of (politely) asking. Even if the response is “We’re still investigating” that would have been appreciated. It’s been six weeks since the drop of the buff - acknowledging that Holidays fell in the middle.

I’ve got a rank 4 to 5 gem which I want to use for DDHK - but not how he is right now.
This discussion has been closed.