**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

God tier, don’t care.

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Are there any “god tier” or well thought of champions that you don’t have ranked up, or just flat out don’t have, and don’t care about?
(By don’t care, I mainly mean that I’m not super excited to pull X champ, or rank them up and use them in content)

For me, this champ would probably be Corvus Glaive. I get that everyone loves him for most fights that he can burst down within his 20-hit reach, and I see how that is good for clearing content. I don’t however see how that would be very much fun, since it doesn’t seem to require much knowledge of the game, champion interactions, and play styles. Obviously one of the main points of the game is to beat content, but there is a reason that I don’t spend money and just push my way through content that I am not ready for. I enjoy the challenge, planning, and application of the right team of champs.

I’m sure I’ll get plenty of Corvus fanboys sending my disagrees, but if someone has any actual experience to the contrary, I’d be glad to hear it. Another champ that I actually have but don’t ever feel like playing is Mojo.... he’s just too ugly, I just can’t justify playing with a character that I don’t want to look at. Great design and all, but oof, what a guy.

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I have a bunch of really good champs that are r1 6* or R4 5*, down to R1 5* that I have little to no intention of ranking up unless I need them for specific content, or unless I'm really bored and what to try out a different character.

All the champs I have that are R5 5*/R2 or 3 6* are enough to complete basically any content in the game right now if I can be bothered to put in the effort.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021

I don't like playing OR. Not having suicides active is probably most of the reason why I don't have him ranked up, but his playstyle doesn't seem too appealing to me either.

Same for me; don’t enjoy his playstyle and don’t use suicides. I only use him if there is no better option.
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    Spider ham. I just don't know why but I don't enjoy playing him
  • Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 898 ★★★
    Probably going to get a tonne of disagrees, but Nick Fury. I still haven't pulled him higher than a 4*, so have only really used him in arena. But I don't think he's all that he's cracked up to be.
  • MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    Omega Red for me. I have him at sig 200 BUT never used any sigstones. Naturally duped.

I just dont use him at all and he stays at R3. Mainly because I'm not running suicides. Maybe even if I am, I wont play him. I mostly enjoy my other r5 mutants (Col, Apoc, Domino, Sabertooth)
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    Omega red. Don't have suicides. Don't plan on getting suicides. And I just don't like his playstyle if that makes sense.
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★

I don't like playing OR. Not having suicides active is probably most of the reason why I don't have him ranked up, but his playstyle doesn't seem too appealing to me either.

OR with suicides is not worth even bringing into quests imo, once he has them tho he shreds while barley having to touch the opponent. You can literally do a parry heavy every like 5-6 seconds or whatever the degen timer is and just back off and play super super slow. Its so risk free. Or if you want you can play super agressive and thats fine as well. Once you really get Omega red down, he is a monster if you have suicides.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    My 5* ghost sits on the bench most of the time.

I know what she does and how it works, but I just don't like her for some reason. I think being so synergy dependent for her full potential and probably not having any of them as 5 or 6* is part of the reason. There are certain fights I can't deny she owns and she does get into the rotation from time to time, but she's an after thought in most of my teams.

On the flip side I love Quake and her play style. You have to be on point to quake and shake an entire fight, completely untouched, and that feels more like a challenge to me 🤔.
  • Matthew950Matthew950 Posts: 155
    I maxed out corvis, aegon, and medusa (4* only) based on what outhers have said.... still dont use them...
  • MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★

OR with suicides is not worth even bringing into quests imo, once he has them tho he shreds while barley having to touch the opponent. You can literally do a parry heavy every like 5-6 seconds or whatever the degen timer is and just back off and play super super slow. Its so risk free. Or if you want you can play super agressive and thats fine as well. Once you really get Omega red down, he is a monster if you have suicides.
    Not worthy but you keep on selling how great he is. Make up your mind.

Both Ghost and Quake. I have 28 5R5s/ 6R2s and they both sit at R3 in my roster.

Too hard eh?
    edited January 2021

Not worthy but you keep on selling how great he is. Make up your mind.
    There's a reason he's one of the most used champs in high teir aw. he's def one of the best champs in the game. Top 15 at the very least. Without suicides i dont think he's worthy, was a typo. With them hell yeah mans a beast
  • Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
    So many

• Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
    Apoc is the only one going up currently
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Luke9523 said:

Probably going to get a tonne of disagrees, but Nick Fury. I still haven't pulled him higher than a 4*, so have only really used him in arena. But I don't think he's all that he's cracked up to be.

Yeah, a 3 star isn't going to show the true might of nick fury, you are going to need a 5 65 or a 5 star to really see the damage

Magik.
    I know she's useful, but I'd rather use Quake

I mean yeah but that doesn't make sense? Magik typically does fights quake cant do. Like powergain
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    Luke9523 said:

Listen, I REALLY used to believe this. And then one day I said “let me really test this guy out.”

He’s everything he’s hyped up to be and more. You can’t go wrong with him. In his second phase he hits hard even on bleed immune champs
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    007md92 said:

Aegon.

Got him after 100% act 5.
    Had awk gem. 100 sig stones atleast.
    After that had 2 skill gems.
    He is on rank 1.

Never used him. Never awknd him.
    Never will. Not interested in LOL or AOL.
    Long fights are bad for mobile screen. Specially android.
    Hand gets numb and stuff..

Play this to enjoy. Not to feel any pressure.

I completely understand the part about AOL and so on. I’m not planning on doing them ever.

I did use a gem and stones on my aegon. Currently sitting at rank 4. I love him! He’s great for cavalier skill quest.

I have everything to rank him up to 5, just not ready to pull the trigger.