**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Stryfe Abyss team for the future. He looks crazy powerful!

DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
For abyss easy path im thinking of this team.

Stryfe
Apocolypse
Symbiote supreme/Doom
Human torch
Nick Fury (this is the team spot I'm 100% unsure of)

I feel like stryfe could get through the abyss easy path (excluding collector) with less revives than Ægon since he looks like he can solo more fights, but for the collector i think Ægon would take the lead. Then again I haven't seen stryfe against the collector yet.

Gimme your team ideas, there's a good amount of combinations, so I wonder what the best one is?

Comments

• SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Once you are past Thing you need
    1 revive vs Omega to make Stryfe a horseman. So I can see it working 🤔
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    Haji_Saab said:

Once you say “except Collector”, the whole thing is meaningless. Aegon is only really good for collector. And he is REALLY good for collector. So in order to replace Aegon, he needs to kill collector better than Aegon. Many other champs can substitute for Aegon on the paths

"Then again I haven't seen stryfe against the collector yet" who knows stryfe does hit really hard. I cant tell 100% if he's going to be what taters power index indicates or what everyone else says. But im leaning towards him ending up very good not like airwalker or moleman.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    I'd bench NF and put in Magneto. Only HT will benefit from his attack synergy.
    Now that I think about it aside from mephisto where else is HT a must have?
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    bye bye units that are flushed down the toilet becuz no heimdall
    edited January 2021
    Grean said:

You're really sticking to your heimdall thing huh? He's not needed and he's only on the team since there's a free spot. A free synergy spot that you can use any synergy you want like bringing in apoc for stryfe

Now that I think about it aside from mephisto where else is HT a must have?

Even if its just 1 fight where he is absolutely needed that fight is terrible with the other champs if u don't have him.
    Apoc can do that fight too albeit not as well as torch.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Until someone got him and test him, otherwise it is just empty discussion. Anyway the crystal is here for sale and I think someone can get him and answer you soon.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Grean said:

I never brought Heimdall in any of the 5 abyss paths and was fine unit wise
  • TheMailmannTheMailmann Posts: 120 ★★

Stryfe
    Apocolypse
    Symbiote supreme/Doom
    Human torch

I feel like stryfe could get through the abyss easy path (excluding collector) with less revives than Ægon since he looks like he can solo more fights, but for the collector i think Ægon would take the lead. Then again I haven't seen stryfe against the collector yet.

Gimme your team ideas, there's a good amount of combinations, so I wonder what the best one is?

the thing is you can’t solo most fights especially with high health pool fights because of the timer where the opponent will get unstoppable and unblockable. i did solo some cosmic fights i think and that’s only because their health pool were not as much as the fights that you would essentially use aegon
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I Agree with @Haji_Saab

The issue with abyss is not necessarily not having an Aegon for paths it’s really just that collector fight that can be an extra 1k unit a run.

Stryfe
    Apocolypse
    Symbiote supreme/Doom
    Human torch

the thing is you can’t solo most fights especially with high health pool fights because of the timer where the opponent will get unstoppable and unblockable. i did solo some cosmic fights i think and that’s only because their health pool were not as much as the fights that you would essentially use aegon
    Still those fights you were able to solo aegon just can't unless maybe you have a 6* r3 and do the heavy trick very single time. Even then I dont think it would be a solo.

I'd recommend checking out Kam's series of Tweets on Stryfe: http://www.twitter.com/kamMCOC

He did an entire Abyss path, including the Collector, with Stryfe + Team to test his viability

That was a really great thread, thanks for that
    jdeck59 said:

Is this assuming you will get Stryfe?

Don't need a stryfe as I have aegon, just theory crafting
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

As per Kam, not a good option for collector .. so Aegon stays in abyss line up ... I wish someone could rival him in his niche... personally, I think every niche should have 4 or 5 champs otherwise it becomes too much of a lotto

4-5 makes it less of a niche but 3 would be nice. It's crazy that there is content that is doable with just one champion otherwise you better have a deep wallet.
  • UncleBen_69UncleBen_69 Posts: 25
    Will a 4 star maxed out Stryfe or 4 star maxed out aegon work in abyss easy path ? I dont have them as 5 star but i am planning to do abyss..help would be appreciated.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

Will a 4 star maxed out Stryfe or 4 star maxed out aegon work in abyss easy path ? I dont have them as 5 star but i am planning to do abyss..help would be appreciated.

I remember on one of Brian's streams someone had done it, but it was probably worst case scenario. It's probably gonna be painful with 4star aegon. Do you have a she hulk, or sabretooth+sasquatch maybe? even though brian's run with sabretooth+sasquatch wasn't particularly cheap. I guess it comes down to how many units the reward is worth to you.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

@UncleBen_69

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/243718/abyssal-enhancement-built-different#latest

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/247025/abyss-easy-path-with-4-aegon-as-a-ftp-player#latest
    edited July 2021
    Malreck04 said:

I remember on one of Brian's streams someone had done it, but it was probably worst case scenario. It's probably gonna be painful with 4star aegon. Do you have a she hulk, or sabretooth+sasquatch maybe? even though brian's run with sabretooth+sasquatch wasn't particularly cheap. I guess it comes down to how many units the reward is worth to you.
    Yes I have she hulk and Sabretooth +Sasquatch as well. This is my Aegon-less team plan as of now:
    1. She hulk
    2. Mr.Fantastic (for she hulk synergy)
    3. Human Torch
    4. Corvus
    5. Morningstar

@UncleBen_69

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/243718/abyssal-enhancement-built-different#latest

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/247025/abyss-easy-path-with-4-aegon-as-a-ftp-player#latest
    Thanks for the links..checked the post...he was using Aegon mainly for the Collector fight. In my case Corvus is the main guy for Collector so I should be good without Aegon i guess.
    But it leaves me without any Quake counter..i dont have any bleed champ on my team atm.
    BTW my team:
    1. She hulk
    2. Mr.Fantastic (for she hulk synergy) (I think this would make the fights faster and less revives !)
    3. Human Torch
    4. Corvus
    5. Morningstar
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    I can tell you right now that Aegon is better than anyone against the collector. Get hit and you have combo shield (which gives you a 5% protection) unstoppable (don't lose map space and can get easy openings, and 6 PHAT furies that make you do 100's of 1000's of damage per combo. Not to mention special attacks with a bleed that will tick the collector down like a pipe bomb.

Sure, Stryfe may be able to do it, but the thing that makes Aegon so good is all the safety he has when getting hit, paired with damage hither to unheard of on basic combos NOT relying on special attacks, with next to no ramp up (besides the first ramp up to get 999 combo). Even if you bomb with him chances are you can get in a combo that will take off a % or more of the collectors health.

Stryfe? IDK, looks like he relies on that sp2 damage. Aegon was built for the collector fight, it is doable with others and I wouldn't be completely shocked if Stryfe did it well, but you can't beat a champion that in every way is designed to merc that fight.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Malreck04 said:

Yes I have she hulk and Sabretooth +Sasquatch as well. This is my Aegon-less team plan as of now:
    1. She hulk
    2. Mr.Fantastic (for she hulk synergy)
    3. Human Torch
    4. Corvus
    5. Morningstar
    Yeah, you should be good with this team. Quake gonna give you the most issues tho.