**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The big old class divide that is becoming quite ridiculous.

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
edited January 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
So recently with all the mutant stuff going around people have started to notice the massive divide in the games classes. Now this is pretty big when it comes to the game especially with the pushes towards T5CC and 6* AGs. It should theoretically be that no T5CC is more ‘valuable’ than another but as of right now, that’s definitely not true.

This will be a long thread but it’ll be split into 3 main parts, the class rankings, why it’s such a big problem, and what solutions there could be/future predictions.

Let’s start with the rankings, to do these I took the number of champions from each class that I would consider good (full list of champions spoilered below each class dw) then if 2 classes are close I’ll look into champion quality.

6. Tech. In the tech class there are 10 champions that I would consider good, which is the same number as the skill class, however, in the skill class many of the champions I did not consider were borderline or of decent quality, in the tech class there’s a clear divide between the better champions and the hot garbage like Green Goblin and OG iron man.

champs I counted as ‘good’
Ghost
Guardian
G2099
Hulkbuster
IMIW
Mysterio
P2099
Sentinel
Warlock

5. Skill. Again, 10 good champions with quite a few decent ones. Now don’t get all angry yet, Tech and Skill are kind of interchangeable in the rankings, what is important is that they place within the bottom 2 (you’ll see why). I put Tech below skill because it had lower average prestige as well (which is important for a class)

champions I considered ‘good’
Ægon
Blade
BWDO
Hit Monkey
Gwenpool
Killmonger
NF
Stealthy
Falcon
Thor Rag (might not be a great champion but when it comes to prestige, considering T5CC is where the class divide becomes much more important, Thor is a good champion for the skill class in general)

4. Cosmic. Now the cosmic class only has 9 ‘good’ champions in it, however the average quality of these champions was incredibly high and cosmic is also home to some of the highest prestige champions in the game. CGR, Corvus and CMM are all great champs with high prestige and ofc there’s Surfer and Phoenix who are just ridiculous. For an endgame/whale account, Cosmic is one of the better classes to get. Finally Cosmic has Hiemdall, one of the most sought after synergy pieces in the game.

champs I considered ‘good’
CMM
Corvus
CGR
Cull Obsidian
Hyperion
Medusa
Proxima Midnight
Silver Surfer
Venom

3. Science. The science class has 14 good champions, mostly centred around utility as opposed to damage, however champions like HT and iBomb certainly deliver on both. Overall a solid class and one of the better ones to pull, especially AGs, many science champions are much better with there awakened abilities + high sig levels.

champs I considered ‘good’
iBomb
HT
Invisible Woman
Cap IW
Mr Fantastic
Quake
Red Guardian
Red Hulk
She Hulk
Spider Gwen
Spider Ham
Void
Thing
Wasp

2. Mystic. Recently the mystic class went from bad to good, with tons of champions being added during 2019 and 2020, it now has an extensive roster of 14 good champions with many having high prestige and good utility, champions like Doom and Magik are mega defining and for this mystic gets the number 2 spot.

champs I considered good

BWCV
Dr Doom
Dr Voodoo
Dragon man
Longshot
Magik
Man Thing
Mojo
Morningstar
Sasquatch
Scarlet witch
Sorcerer Supreme
Sym Supreme
Tigra

Finally, number 1 goes to mutant. 15 ‘base’ champions who I would consider good but throw in Apocalypse and Prof X synergies and honestly even DPX becomes a good champion. Oh need I mention of the top 10 prestige champions, 3 are mutant? Almost every utility in game is covered by the mutant class and everyone knows they deliver on damage as well, at this point I think it’s just stupid really.

Why is this a problem?

Well because of class based catalysts. In theory no one catalyst should be better than the other, someone with 3 T5 Skill should be just as happy as someone with 3 T5 Mutant right? Not as it currently is. This can translate into prestige and overall game experience, it’s sad to see some good champions become overlooked because they’re in the same class as Omega Red and Archangel, and on the other hand it’s sad to see people ranking up champions like Night Thrasher to R3 bc they only have skill. (Not saying that night thrasher is a bad champion, however there are those who are better than him just sitting around in classes like Mutant and Mystic struggling to find rank up resources)

Solutions and predictions

Obviously the solutions would be to introduce more Skill, Tech and even Cosmic champions to balance out the disparity, I would love to see each class get their own ‘Apocalypse’ giving boosts to that class based on common abilities (for example if galactus gets a herald ability where he can boost buffs or even give a buff cornucopia like ability to cosmic champions). That’s one of my predictions for 2021, we see one Apocalypse like champion added to each class, also I expect to see more Skill/Tech champions rolling out in the future, and with Hercules coming alongside buffs of Terrax, MM, Kingpin, I’d say we are heading in that direction.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Haji_Saab said:

Is Blade even available as a 6*?

Nope. Neither are Hyperion, Quake, Medusa, Voodoo, Magik, Classic Scarlet Witch, or OG Wolvie
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    HAHA! Good point.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The number of Champs people consider "God Tier", or worthy of R3, has nothing to do with the balance of Classes. For that matter, it's never going to be equal. Over 5 years I've been here, and it's always shifted depending on what's added. That's because it's always moving. Also, people are entirely too narrow in what they use their T5s on.
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★

OK, first of all, I get your point. Mutant is stacked, and there are too many OP. And quite frankly, I'm tired of mutant champs at this point.

Having said that, your definition of good champ is very misplaced.

Tech - Both Visions, Darkhawk, Doc Ock and Nebula are all very good champs. Green Goblin is ok as well. THese are not wonderful awesome champs, but they are indeed "good".

Skill - Winter Soldier, Elsa, Squirrel Girl and RONIN.... how do you not count any of these as "good" champs, especially Ronin and Elsa (although I do think she is overrated).

Cosmic - Aarkus, Hela, Carnage and Red Goblin again, are all good champs

I think you know what he meant by good. Like usable in actual content good. You know late act 6 and abyss.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Skill and tech get tie for the worst class and it's sad because Mutant dominates skill on base and Mutant can dominate most of tech just because of Mags lol. No more mutants!
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

OK, first of all, I get your point. Mutant is stacked, and there are too many OP. And quite frankly, I'm tired of mutant champs at this point.

Tech - Both Visions, Darkhawk, Doc Ock and Nebula are all very good champs. Green Goblin is ok as well. THese are not wonderful awesome champs, but they are indeed "good".

Skill - Winter Soldier, Elsa, Squirrel Girl and RONIN.... how do you not count any of these as "good" champs, especially Ronin and Elsa (although I do think she is overrated).

I think you know what he meant by good. Like usable in actual content good. You know late act 6 and abyss.
    Half of the options on that list still work
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★

Maybe for like a niche path or 2. I assume you're talking about doc oc for the path in 6.3.4? Other than that I cant see where the other champs on that list could be used without a good amount of struggle for hard act 6 paths let alone half of the list
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Mysterio is garbage.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Maybe for like a niche path or 2. I assume you're talking about doc oc for the path in 6.3.4? Other than that I cant see where the other champs on that list could be used without a good amount of struggle for hard act 6 paths let alone half of the list
    While you're focused on Act 6 which is notoriously strict for "viable" options. Act 7 seems to be going in a direction where the majority of champs are viable. If we're talking the long term, keeping Act 7 as the standard of where these champs can be used should be the baseline and Act 6 should only be an exception.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    TP33 said:

So recently with all the mutant stuff going around people have started to notice the massive divide in the games classes. Now this is pretty big when it comes to the game especially with the pushes towards T5CC and 6* AGs. It should theoretically be that no T5CC is more ‘valuable’ than another but as of right now, that’s definitely not true.

Assuming I accept the premise just for the sake of discussion, I don't think the correct thing to consider is the number of champions of each class that are "good enough" to take to rank 3, but rather the current ratio of such champs that are available to the players. And while I'm not 100% familiar with every champ in the 6* basic crystal, I don't think Dr. Voodoo is actually available to players as a 6*. Mystic can't get credit for Voodoo being good enough to rank 3 if he can't be acquired as a 6*. Correct me if I'm wrong there. In any case, I think the numbers are flawed if they don't account for a) which champs can players actually get as 6* and b) what the ratios of such champs is in the crystals players can acquire.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

I would argue that DocOc and Nebula are of a similar caliber as say Mr. Fantastic and Red Hulk, both of which were on his Science list.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

keep in mind this is the guy who said this:

Why did I cringe while reading this...
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Well I disagree with a lot of your lists. I do not think prestige is a relevant factor to judge a class performance. Champions like Thor Rags do not belong in performance lists. I would keep Silver Surfer though.

Tech:
    Stark Spidey?
    Doc Ock?

Skill:
    Night Thrasher?
    Elsa Bloodstone?
    Ronin?

Cosmic:
    Vision Aarkus?
    Not sure about Proxima Midnight, but if she belongs in the list then so does Hela, Carnage and VTD.

Science:
    Mr F and Invisible Woman miss the mark to belong on this list imho.
    +1 to not disrespect Red Hulk. People really overlook him.
    GHulk?

Mystic:
    Man-Thing 🤣🤣🤣 Come on man, give me a break. The Hood and Dormammu are better. Even Mordo, arguably.

I don't argue Mutant class is stacked and with Apocalypse every class needs one like him. But let's get the facts straight.