**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A Question to all the Quake players, from a newbie.

The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,038 ★★★★
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
How far does Quake's Concussion reduce Ability accuracy. It says 100% in her stats. Is this 100% effective enough to reduces Ability Accuracy of the basic attacks?
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    Yes
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,038 ★★★★
    Thanks for the input guys, from your confirmation, I think there is either something wrong with the way how things go when we fight Stryfe, or the way I have understood it. His mediums, heavies and Sp2 cannot be evaded, the psionic blasts I hope. If Quake's Concussion was 100% effective, and if it does reduce the Accuracy of Basic attacks too, shouldn't She evade Stryfe no matter what?
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Thanks for the input guys, from your confirmation, I think there is either something wrong with the way how things go when we fight Stryfe, or the way I have understood it. His mediums, heavies and Sp2 cannot be evaded, the psionic blasts I hope. If Quake's Concussion was 100% effective, and if it does reduce the Accuracy of Basic attacks too, shouldn't She evade Stryfe no matter what?

Stryfe is a hard counter for quake on defense. You shouldn't be quaking him.
    I reverse quaked him a little bit but that's also not reliable.
    @Sarvanga1_ , how do you reverse Quake? Tell my exactly why is it hard? So is my perception wrong? I'm totally confused guys!!
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

@Sarvanga1_ , how do you reverse Quake? Tell my exactly why is it hard? So is my perception wrong? I'm totally confused guys!!

Reverse quake is a technique when you dex first dash attack and then hold heavy.
    It is a little more tricky to do than normal quaking. It helps to counter imiw.
    Aren't immunities, inbuilt, and don't they make a difference with the basic attacks?
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

Aren't immunities, inbuilt, and don't they make a difference with the basic attacks?

Okay, so I'll clear this up.

It's not 'Stryfe's attacks have a 100% chance to be Psionic'.

It's 'Stryfe's attacks are Psionic'. That means they are an inherent part of his kit, completely independent from Ability Accuracy Reduction. A more apt example would be like Yondu's Yaka Arrow basic hits. No amount of Neurotoxins will change the fact that they are projectiles.
  • Dragfire1760Dragfire1760 Posts: 149

Yeah that is something similar with quake, think about it like this, if you're a human and cannot see psychic or psyonic attacks, you wouldn't really be able to dodge them since, well, you can't see them. In this game, if a champion has an ability like "cannot be", then that is not affected by AAR.
    So she can impact on basic attacks, apart from the ones that are like "cannot be". Is that right? @Dragfire1760 , @YoMoves ??
    edited January 2021

So she can impact on basic attacks, apart from the ones that are like "cannot be". Is that right? @Dragfire1760 , @YoMoves ??

Pretty much, yeah. Abilities like that, vigilance, Coldsnap, true strike, etc are also abilities that stop her from evading. Main rule of thumb with quake is that she can't affect other champions evade counter ability accuracy through her concussion. The concussion only works for abilities that count as offensive ability accuracy, and defensive ability accuracy. Evade counters don't come under either of them.
    Edit: small error, thanks SpideyFunko
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Pretty much, yeah. Abilities like that, vigilance, Coldsnap, true strike, etc are also abilities that stop her from evading. Main rule of thumb with quake is that she can't affect other champions evade ability accuracy through her concussion. The concussion only works for abilities that count as offensive ability accuracy, and defensive ability accuracy. Evade counters don't come under either of them.
    but I mean why would evade be a problem with quake if you’re never gonna hit them

Pretty much, yeah. Abilities like that, vigilance, Coldsnap, true strike, etc are also abilities that stop her from evading. Main rule of thumb with quake is that she can't affect other champions evade ability accuracy through her concussion. The concussion only works for abilities that count as offensive ability accuracy, and defensive ability accuracy. Evade counters don't come under either of them.
    but I mean why would evade be a problem with quake if you’re never gonna hit them
    I made a small mistake while typing, I meant evade counter ability accuracy*