**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

There is a bug with Falter ability

SymbioteSymbiote Posts: 17
edited January 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
Ebony Maw's Falter ability that inflicts a 100% Miss chance only works for specials 1 and 2. I've noticed that if the opponent has Falter and does special 3 it's like Falter is nullified right away instead of dealing 0 damage to Ebony Maw or just missing him. Like indestructible which is active during special 3 also for Cage and other champs, Falter should stay active also.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    Sp3s can't miss
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    ^^^
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    That's not how it works. A Special 3s cannot "Miss".
  • SymbioteSymbiote Posts: 17
    So it's kinda like a sp3 thing against Emma Frost. She loses all her diamond armor ability and is defenseless against sp3.
    Symbiote said:

So it's kinda like a sp3 thing against Emma Frost. She loses all her diamond armor ability and is defenseless against sp3.

That's because when you have more power than Emma, she reverts to Telepath. As soon as you push the SP3 button, you lose all your power (or some, if you have reduced Special cost), and Emma will revert to Telepath mode since she has more power than you do.
    Symbiote said:

Consider a sp3 as instant direct damage (it's not, but this is an example). It cannot crit, and it cannot miss. Indestructible prevents all damage, so it is avoided. Falter stops you from being able to hit the opponent, not deal damage.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,798 ★★★★★
    random question: doesn’t Luke Cage’s indestructible proc if the first hit is an sp3? Think that’s happened in an arena to me
    edited January 2021
    Crcrcrc said:

Symbiote said:

Consider a sp3 as instant direct damage (it's not, but this is an example). It cannot crit, and it cannot miss. Indestructible prevents all damage, so it is avoided. Falter stops you from being able to hit the opponent, not deal damage.
    This. It's also why SP3s cannot be "Evaded" even if there is guaranteed Evade. SP3s cannot be prevented, therefore damage prevention/mitigation methods that do not affect damage outright such as Evade, Miss, or Block will not work.

random question: doesn’t Luke Cage’s indestructible proc if the first hit is an sp3? Think that’s happened in an arena to me

I think that Cage can defend against sp3 only if he's been hit first so indestructible is active on him.

I believe so

Crcrcrc said:

Symbiote said:

Maybe sp3 cannot be evaded, but some buffs and debuffs are active during sp3 and aid a sp3 for more damage and easy finisher. Because that is the case then Falter should have 100% Miss even with sp3.
    Symbiote said:

Crcrcrc said:

Symbiote said:

Maybe sp3 cannot be evaded, but some buffs and debuffs are active during sp3 and aid a sp3 for more damage and easy finisher. Because that is the case then Falter should have 100% Miss even with sp3.
    That's because Falter does not prevent damage. It only prevents a scenario in which you would've taken damage.
    Symbiote said:

Crcrcrc said:

Symbiote said:

Again, it's like instant direct damage. Increases with attack, decreases with opponent's resistance. It cannot miss
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

I’m pretty sure if the opponent throws an sp3 and you haven’t been hit his indestructible will still activate and you won’t take damage.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    That's the power of Ebony Maw
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Symbiote said:

Crcrcrc said:

Symbiote said:

Buffs are different than statuses. A buff or debuff can be active and affect sp3s but a status like falter can’t. Falter makes it so that hits from the opponent won’t hit you and deal damage. An sp3 can’t be avoided and there for is a guaranteed hit. I don’t think this is the specific wording to describe what happens but it’s the best way to explain it.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Luke cage procs indestructible and doesn't get any damage from sp3 if you get hit by a sp3.
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★

That's not how it works. A Special 3s cannot "Miss".

Exactly
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    All buffs are paused during SP3
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    Will3808 said:

Symbiote said:

Crcrcrc said:

Symbiote said:

Buffs are different than statuses. A buff or debuff can be active and affect sp3s but a status like falter can’t. Falter makes it so that hits from the opponent won’t hit you and deal damage. An sp3 can’t be avoided and there for is a guaranteed hit. I don’t think this is the specific wording to describe what happens but it’s the best way to explain it.
    I believe what is happening here is that buffs and debuffs remain active during SP3s, but they can't "trigger" anything during the SP3 unless explicitly designed to do so. So if you have an armor buff, you'll take less damage during the SP3. The armor buff raises your armor stat, and that armor stat is still elevated during SP3. The armor buff doesn't "go anywhere." But if you have a falter debuff on you and you activate SP3, the falter debuff cannot "trigger" the miss to happen, because during the SP3 nothing else "happens."

There's a more technical explanation, but this is the simplified version of what I think is happening.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Ghost can avoid damage if phasing with the Hood synergy, but otherwise will take it
    I mean, she’s a bit of a cheat code anyway lol
    Symbiote said:

I think that Cage can defend against sp3 only if he's been hit first so indestructible is active on him.
    Haha haters will hate. I wanna rephrase that I saw that happened in fight.