**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New structure to arenas

The time has come for a new structure to arenas. A complete overhaul to the entire system is needed.

CAT ARENAS:
1. T4B arena - setup should remain largely the same, with multiple T3B milestones and a T4B milestone. Expand rank rewards to allow top 10% to earn an addition T4B. Give us motivation to grind beyond 1.1m

2. T4C arena - multiple milestones for T4C shard crystals and a final milestone for a full T4C. Rank rewards should be expanded to top 10% being awarded a full T4C

3. T2A arena - multiple T1A milestones and a final milestone of T2A shard crystal. Top 1% can earn an additional T2A shard crystal

CHAMPION ARENAS:
1. 3* Featured arena - remains unchanged. 2*+3* champs can be used. Top 10% earn 3* featured champ.

2. 4* Basic arena - remains unchanged. 3*+4* can be used. Top 10% earn 4* Basic champ

3. 4* Featured arena - redesigned to copy the rewards format of the current 3* arena. 4*+5* can be used. Top 10% earn the 4* featured champ

4. 5* UNCOLLECTED arena - only available to The Uncollected. use your 4* and 5* champs to earn a 5* featured champ. Includes 2* featured and 3* featured as early milestones. Top 10% earn 4* featured champ. Top 500 earn the 5* featured champ PLUS the 4* featured champ

What do you guys think? Am I on to something here or just being an idiot

Comments

• ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    I really like that idea man, good thinking. Though... for the t4cc arena, I'd say make the final milestone t4cc crystals(like the glory ones, or a bunch of t4cc frag crystals) because it'd be too easy to earn these t4cc. But, I agree with the t4b rank rewards, a bunch of the high end players need t4b and tier 1 alphas, so both of those arena would help. But...this is kabam so idk.
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    edited October 2017
    Good one special t2A
    But t4b should change to t5b shared and milestone should contain 2t4b I think
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I think 10% for the featured is a bit much, the point of featured is to be exclusive so I think lower like 5% would be more realistic. I think the 5* uncollected arena is a good idea but they will never give out a 3* featured as a milestone but I do like the 2 star as part of the rewards just for the collection and to do a bit of basic testing. If the same percentage of players get the 4* featured in the 4* featured and 5* featured arena the 5* featured arena should have something about to make it more difficult like maybe an increasing difficulty of opponents per round to make it very difficult to get super high win streaks.
  • The main concept of the uncollected arena idea is to get all of the uncollected out of the main arenas. No one that was uncollected would spend the time to grind 1.6m for a 3* featured champ if they could get that same champ as a milestone in the uncollected arena. This should make these lower arenas easier for lower level players to obtain the champs they need to progress.

The main idea is to make it easier for everyone to progress to the point of becoming uncollected. Bringing some balance back to arenas. You can't tell me anyone here actually thinks 18m for a 4* featured champ is worth it.

The moment they release a 5* arena, everyone reading this knows that 4* cutoffs will drop well below 10m. The only reason cutoffs are high right now is because we all need 5* shards and battlechips for units. The best source of that currently is finishing top 800

I don't doubt that there are several flaws to the arena formats I originally described. But the overall concept is something I hope we can work together to build into a solid suggestion and recommendation to get Kabam moving on this long overdue arena overhaul.

And yes, the low 2* featured milestone would be mainly for champ testing purposes. Quickly decide if the new champ functions as advertised and if it's worth the grind.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Nice work, nice suggestions.

A couple of thoughts have been discussed in another thread (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/156126#Comment_156126):

1) I agree with @Sungj that 10% gaining the featured 4* is too many; but what about just slightly increasing the rewards in the Featured arena so the top 1% (or even 0.5%) got a basic version of the Featured champion?

2) Alternately, introduce a consolation prize for the top 1-5% in the 4* (and 5*?) featured arenas: a Featured crystal that works like the monthly login crystal; with a guaranteed 3* and rare 4* basic version of the Featured champion. This would at least let the top tier expand their rosters with new characters, even if they didn't get the 4*. It could also have the benefit of pulling higher-tier players away from grinding the 3* featured arena so they could concentrate on the 4*.

Only one criticism, @Chancellor_Hawk - did ya get bored before moving on to the Sunday cornucopia/splash arenas?
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    Very well though out, insightful suggestion from someone who clearly plays quite a bit.
  • FARGOVFARGOV Posts: 2
    Great ideas, I would definitely like to see Cat Arenas increase rewards.
    It would also be nice to see 5* shards integrated into Sunday Cornucopia as well.
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    I like this but I don't think someone should earn the 4 and 5* feature champ from one arena. Otherwise, I agree.
  • Really would be excellent to get some announcement regarding upcoming changes to arenas.

I understand the changes announced today regarding the 5* featured crystals, bringing them in line with 3* and 4* featured champs, with one MASSIVE exception:

We all have a chance to grind for 3* and 4* featured champs in arenas.

Please give us our long overdue refresh to arenas!
  • Really good ideas,like and support them.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I think aq and aw rewards need addressed first especially aw but I think this is a good direction for the game once those are taken care of