**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My (Unpopular) Opinion on AW Season

BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
1ts thing 1st, forgive my english...

I hate AWs since the beginning. I consider myself a good player and I played some master season in the past. But it was during the cretaceus era when tyrannosaurus rex dominated the world and the biggest AW problem was to have something immune to bleed and poison... I always considered AW pretty stupid: there is no skill if you don't have the right champions to place and no one can convince me I'm wrong about this.

Then, after reading zillion of internal fights because, "F*** you, why you die against him" - "HEY, use ton of items" - "We lost because of you" and people relaxing there when only few do the hard work spending resources, I said to myself it was time to stop. And it was around the time kabam decided to NERF mystic dispersion.

So I found an ally where everyone thought the same and we only focused on AQ and solo contents. Unfortunately, good things come to an end, and now that ally is no more.

Now I'm ready to start a new chapter with some new guys and they do AW season (Platinum 3). I said ok, let me try it again. So we did a couple of test wars and... Damn, it's crazy! I had to spend "hours" to read all the stupid nodes, global nodes, tactics, at the point that I said "F*** I'm going without reading" and I'm already thinking about quitting the ally before the new season start.

Meanwhile, the "arrogance" of some players is not changed. Do this, do that! An officer told me I must use items because that's what they do to secure the victory! (didn't die a single time).

Conclusion is: is this still a game? Is spending time reading some bad descripted (and translated) nodes funny? Do we get paid for spending an enormous amount of time?

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

So you decided to jump back into a competitive game mode, haven't taken it seriously, and are for some reason taking issue with your alliance mates, that rely on you not blowing it, expecting you to take it seriously?

To be fair, it doesn’t seem like they’re paying him enough. Needs a better agent
    What's the going rate for a low tier primadonna that thinks way too highly of themselves these days anyway?
    That hit a little too close to home 😂
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Tbh OP, you had to spend hours to read the nodes because you’ve been away from that tier for too long. It’s the same as taking a break from the game for a year and expecting to just “know” how new champions work. That expectation is unrealistic.

On the issue of having your alliance mates screaming at you and telling you what to do.... I agree with @Worknprogress on this. Also, you noticed that it’s not Kabam’s fault but your alliance mates’.

To put it simply, if you can’t take the heat, you shouldn’t be there. There are alliances that rank P3 easily without spending a ton of items (usually 20/20 prior to Season is enough to last the whole Season). But those guys are really skilled and if you want that kind of rewards with that kind of expenditure, then you have to get up to speed.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    High tier wars are too competitive, stressful and difficult for me which is why I stay away from them.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★

So you decided to jump back into a competitive game mode, haven't taken it seriously, and are for some reason taking issue with your alliance mates, that rely on you not blowing it, expecting you to take it seriously?

I didn't decide anything, it was fine for me to ignore AW but unfortunately it seems everyone loves AW and can't find any strong "AQ only ally". And everyone loves AW except for the fact that they fight, many get angry and many get kicked. Same old story. But it's not even the main problem, you only have to ignore them. The problem for me is having to read a lot of what I consider stupid stuff and that the game didn't evolve that much: the most you spend the most you win (this not only include items but real money to get the better/useful champions).
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Badrose said:

I didn't decide anything, it was fine for me to ignore AW but unfortunately it seems everyone loves AW and can't find any strong "AQ only ally". And everyone loves AW except for the fact that they fight, many get angry and many get kicked. Same old story. But it's not even the main problem, you only have to ignore them. The problem for me is having to read a lot of what I consider stupid stuff and that the game didn't evolve that much: the most you spend the most you win (this not only include items but real money to get the better/useful champions).
    Wow. Practically none of this is remotely accurate and you've somehow managed to make yourself come off even worse than you did originally. Congrats.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Badrose said:

Wdym? There are ton's of AQ only allies. You just gotta know where to look. And also, it's not Kabam's fault that you don't like reading nodes which you consider stupid...
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Yeah gamer needs can be the most annoying people on the planet and sadly when it comes to internet only games there is really no choice but to tolerate their nonsense . You should try some hybrid games like Pokemon go where it’s both internet and real life interaction. I have noticed that this kind of **** is much much more rare in real life cause people are very well aware of what will happen if they try to throw their tantrums in the real world against someone who has no patience for their ****
    Meanwhile there are quite a few normal alliance although perhaps not at your level . You should try looking for them
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    While I can somewhat understand your frustration with war you can't expect to know everything from the get go.

Some path are harder than others and you actuly only need to read all the fights you want to take or are told to take.

Also we have offseason so you can try and experiment as much as you want.

The point about using items is pretty crucial tho.

If you dont get hit you dont have to use items (for the most part).

So if you have to use items it is bc you lost some health before and prob bc of mistakes.

Also buying heals with glory can offset any items you have to use. And when you are good you dont even have to buy too much of them and have enough for other stuff.

And let me tell you something from the officer perspective:

If I see some1 entering a fight with 30% hp and giving a death (in season) he prob gets kicked except if he had a very good reason for that.

When you play T2 P2/1 it comes to single deaths that decide wars with sometimes 20 or less deaths total.

The rules that are in place for War usually have a reason behind them.
    It is not about the ego of a single player but about the alliance.

If war isnt for you that is fine. I took a season off at some point as well. But at least follow the rules the alliance has in place or move on.
  • GiganteaGigantea Posts: 111
    Well, the fact is that War is fun and interesting if you continuously playing it but the rewards are terrible compare to the items you used for the whole season. I hope Kabam can buff those rewards up.

Each paths or defenders need to have some good counter in order to get through without dying. Boosting up is always what you want to do to get the KO done.

We just play and do our best. We end up in gold 2 or gold 3, doesn't matter to our alliances. We try to minimize mistakes and win the war.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I don’t know why you’re getting mad at needing to heal up, as an officer in a p1 alliance, it’s one of the most frustrating things when people don’t, and if you’re not willing to you shouldn’t be pushing war at all, as for nodes you learn them over time, of course a map with 55 different nodes on is going to take some time to learn
  • Clarkkent76Clarkkent76 Posts: 282
    Plain fact is that the time and effort spent on war is no longer worth the meagre rewards. P3 finish is not much better than what you get for monthly EQ plus side events, which takes a couple of hours.

2 things needed to revive war as a fun format;

1. Rewards buff, the keep up with AQ and monthly EQ.

2. Change the max item use limit to 3, or at most 5. Normalise not finishing the map and make it a test of skill rather than wallets.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Plain fact is that the time and effort spent on war is no longer worth the meagre rewards. P3 finish is not much better than what you get for monthly EQ plus side events, which takes a couple of hours.

2 things needed to revive war as a fun format;

1. Rewards buff, the keep up with AQ and monthly EQ.

2. Change the max item use limit to 3, or at most 5. Normalise not finishing the map and make it a test of skill rather than wallets.

Items stuff won’t work, defence placements could be manipulated to have fights where you’re going to take damage early on, and all it would do is make boosting even more necessary, and would cause a very stale meta of regen focused champs. War would need a complete overhaul for that to be a viable mechanism
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    And here I am who transferred from a AQ focused ally (Silver 3/Map 5) to a Mandatory AW ally (G1 going P4/Map 6) just so I can feel the stress.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Who would have thought that being in a competitive game mode with a competitive alliance would lead to requirements. Maybe you should have asked more questions before joining? If you aren't willing to listen to officers and use items to win, why join a plat 3 ally?

There's plenty of AQ focused Ally's out there. It's also possible you just aren't very good at the game.
  • I mean if you’re not willing to spend items to clear your path you shouldn’t be in an alliance that takes AW seriously or drop to a tier where you can clear your path with no effort. It’s fair enough that officers don’t want you going into fights with low health because if you make a mistake you can screw up the other 29 members who are taking it seriously.

That’s nothing to do with arrogance on the part of officers - in general - it’s part of the game mode, it’s competitive. Officers spend hours each season planning paths and matchups so their alliance members have as smooth a run through AW as possible and give everyone the best chance of winning, sure they might not get it right every time but it’s not an easy job.

If you can’t be bothered to read the nodes properly or do your bit for the team then maybe this isn’t the game for you.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

I recently quit my alliance. Sick of war and aq.

I’m sure they miss your endless complaining dearly
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I hesitate to comment on a post prefaced by "no one can convince me I'm wrong about this" . . .

As an alliance leader, I find it helpful when recruiting to completely explain our alliances goals and rules, such as whether you are required to revive and boost in AW. This helps avoid cases like your in which you joined an alliance and learned later that they had rules you did not like.

There are tons of alliances out there in which AW is optional, or done more casually, so make sure to ask the right questions when someone is recruiting you, to make sure you and the alliance are a good fit.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★

To be fair, it doesn’t seem like they’re paying him enough. Needs a better agent
    What's the going rate for a low tier primadonna that thinks way too highly of themselves these days anyway?
    That hit a little too close to home 😂
    LOL.