**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

EQ Cosmic Node Problem and How to Fix It

SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
My previous discussion disappeared so this will take it's place

Quick note, I know people want the rewards buffed. I do too. Regardless there are other things wrong with Cav EQ. This is one of them. So this is what my topic will be on.

Since the Cav EQ came out I noticed a flaw with the Cosmic Quest and the Cosmic Grit node. This node essentially makes the champs that can get buffs get extra damage, while leaving the ones that don't in the dust. I've created a new node that would help take the place of the old one. The node is called Cosmic Strength. It reads "Whenever a cosmic attacker would place an Armor Break debuff gain an indefinite Fury buff granting 35% attack. Armor Shattered debuffs grant an additional Fury Buff (two total). Max stacks 10." This would allow more cosmic champions to play in the EQ and allow more diverse Cosmic roster growth.

This tier list shows that over 50% of cosmic champions are either very bad or unusable for the Cosmic Quest in EQ vs what my best guess is to what it would look like with the new node.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OcQ3Xh2Zv1_uU7cmEyD9cyULIE-_ftEmC-UcZHsPWmw/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you for your time in reading this post.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    All I ask is for the Kabam devs to review this post and react. I don’t see a reason not to implement this into the game.
    edited January 2021

Is not really necessary.
    The cosmic class is mainly known for the use of Buffs. Almost every, if not every cosmic champion is able to trigger buffs by it's base.
    The node is fine as it is

Actually over 50% of cosmic champions can’t trigger three buffs reliably. I made a list that you can go to via the hyperlink. I think you would be surprised.

Interesting that you put king groot in the unusable category when he has 50% uptime on his furies. Probably still won’t hit as hard as other champs. But claiming he’s ‘unusable’ is just straight up false.

I suppose with dex he could still hit. I will change him to very bad. Because that sounds painful since he can’t use specials either. (Because they remove fury)
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    you don't even need cosmic champs for it either. I imagine the armor break is even more restrictive than buffs
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Aromer break wil be like so u can’t use lesser champions
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,863 ★★★★★

you don't even need cosmic champs for it either. I imagine the armor break is even more restrictive than buffs

It's swapping 1 type for another. This won't make it any better at all.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    This is worse than what we have right now. There's already a chapter related to placing debuffs, there's nothing wrong with one being associated with buffs
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    Why is CGR and Medusa in "okay..but" tier in that spreadsheet?

I cleared 2 paths just with CGR.. if you have trouble getting buffs.. Use Medusa+Black bolt, CGR+GR..
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Is not really necessary.
    The cosmic class is mainly known for the use of Buffs. Almost every, if not every cosmic champion is able to trigger buffs by it's base.
    The node is fine as it is

Actually over 50% of cosmic champions can’t trigger three buffs reliably. I made a list that you can go to via the hyperlink. I think you would be surprised.
    And most of those 50 aren’t gonna be ranked to a level that you’d bother with using them in EQ anyway.

I agree to this extent, and it applies to science/diss track too. Don’t do full damage reductions. Period. Those can’t be overcome with skill. 5.3 is a perfect example...for a developing roster, it sucks to endure the nerf, but you have a choice. Diss track and buffed up are nearly full barriers to entry for many.
  • Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★

My previous discussion disappeared so this will take it's place

Quick note, I know people want the rewards buffed. I do too. Regardless there are other things wrong with Cav EQ. This is one of them. So this is what my topic will be on.

Since the Cav EQ came out I noticed a flaw with the Cosmic Quest and the Cosmic Grit node. This node essentially makes the champs that can get buffs get extra damage, while leaving the ones that don't in the dust. I've created a new node that would help take the place of the old one. The node is called Cosmic Strength. It reads "Whenever a cosmic attacker would place an Armor Break debuff gain an indefinite Fury buff granting 35% attack. Armor Shattered debuffs grant an additional Fury Buff (two total). Max stacks 10." This would allow more cosmic champions to play in the EQ and allow more diverse Cosmic roster growth.

This tier list shows that over 50% of cosmic champions are either very bad or unusable for the Cosmic Quest in EQ vs what my best guess is to what it would look like with the new node.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OcQ3Xh2Zv1_uU7cmEyD9cyULIE-_ftEmC-UcZHsPWmw/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you for your time in reading this post.

Why you made medusa as ok for usuable champion after gaining three buffs they will receive aptitude buff which also counted as buff. You can also use others like collusus and magneto
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    Havok, Storm Pyramid X, Gambit, Apoc with cable are also viable options
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    So other champs than cosmic can handle that quest but they won’t be able to take advantage of the aptitude buff since they’re aren’t cosmic.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Also
    If you’re really desperate
    Bringing Heimdall and 2 synergies allows for you to gain a permanent fury and precision buff
    One dex and you’ve got an aptitude buff and then champs that don’t get buffs are fighting normally
    This aged well(ish)
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

This aged well(ish)

Really interesting...
  • hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    Well technically everybody works if you have Heimdall on your team but yeah I get the point. Obviously, the numbers could use some adjusting to better fit the cav standard, but I don't see why this shouldn't be a thing. Although as someone who owns a r2 venom this more or less doesn't benefit me