**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dev Diary: Cavalier Difficulty in 2021 and Beyond - New Buffs for February!

Comments

• ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

I mean it doesn't directly affect me that much, but the Tech one is super annoying. I mean the only tech champs that i can think of that inflict Armor Break in their normal kit are IMIW, Iron Man, Iron Patriot, War Machine, and Hulkbuster. And I would really only use Hulkbuster in the Cav EQ

Yondu as well
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

@Kabam Miike can you plz atleast change the 10% t5cc crystals to a selector. Its frustrating getting troll rolled when you are so close to forming a t5cc and achieving thronebreaker. Please consider adding a selector.

Wouldnt that let you get a t5cc in 10 months at the minimum?
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    The nodes help/ nodes don't help is irrelevant to making an extra difficulty of event quest less monotonous if there are still 7 lanes on the last map.
    That's all that needs to change, the old easy difficulty was an edited version that had less lanes so we know it's already doable.
  • UnDEADGamerUnDEADGamer Posts: 51
    So here's my thoughts on the matter, I think this is a great buff to the mystic chapter and alright but not great for cosmic, tech and mutant. My big issue comes with science and skill
    Science was hands down the best chapter previously, maybe a bit easy in some cases but you did stoll have to bring a champ that applies debuffs, at least enough to get the vulnerable, but now its going to be a game of chance whether or not it's good, and it limits the use of other classes to just poison immune which alright whatever, overall I think science was better off as it was, but thats my two cents

As for skill this is a significantly worse node, only about 8 skill champs benefit from the node itself, 2 of the best options are a little less reliable for it and the best option is a champ some may have ranked and some may not, not to mention the second half of the node, all champs having a chance to evade, gets countered by very few champs in the skill class, and even less outside so you're kinda stranglehold into using the node options and hoping that nothing on the path is a hard counter to them
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 980 ★★★★
    I don't think gonna love the changes, but I am curious to see how it shakes out.

Tech is the one I'm most interested in. I have a 6* R3 Sentinel that I've never used in Cav EQ. Sad to see the benefit reduction to the likes of Warlock, G2099, and Guardian, but kinda stoked to finally have a reason to use Sentinel there.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    How about reducing energy requirements and reducing the paths on Normal and Heroic?
  • StrayPoolStrayPool Posts: 98
    MCOC was the first mobile I picked up, and since that time I've sampled a handful of others, running anywhere from 3 to 6 years altogether. And comparing them all to each other, while one of them has absolutely horrendously low odds of random good pulls, I can hard confirm that they all blow MCOC out of the water in all other ways. New characters/units get introduced, oftentimes with unique abilities that no one else has - the entire meta is constantly changing, but with so many new toys to collect and play with, the devs involved know that players will need a greater abundance of resources to fuel the virtual engines of war.

Tl;dr: time goes on, content grows, rewards grow at a commensurate rate.

I'm a f2p, been Cav for several months now. And not once since becoming it have I felt the EQ was worth the hassle for a handful of not-quite-complete prizes that I could get elsewhere with far less headache just by waiting. The engagement ain't there, so I'm never tempted to roll up my sleeves and grapple with the game itself. To me, that can't be anything other than a bad sign: "Players don't see the point in playing" would be a hell of a bit of bad press to have going around, right?

And difficulty is good, it's grand - as long as it's not just for the sake of being difficult and wasting time. Shell out something to really coax people into these cage matches you so love to set up and I'd imagine a lot of folks like me would be rendered (if only temporarily, because it's always temporary around here) silent.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★

Well it seems like immortal Abom is absolutely butchered with the science node. A shame

It’s good and bad. One buff removes his poisons but the other gives him a huge attack increase because of the removed poisons. Maybe you can take advantage of the dynamic to gain the 300 percent attack and then hold block rather than parry and dex, to try to get openings?
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I love using Immortal Abomination for the Science Quest! But now the buff will hurt him more than help him. Ugh...
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Well it seems like immortal Abom is absolutely butchered with the science node. A shame

It’s good and bad. One buff removes his poisons but the other gives him a huge attack increase because of the removed poisons. Maybe you can take advantage of the dynamic to gain the 300 percent attack and then hold block rather than parry and dex, to try to get openings?
    We’ll see, it may be hard to keep his toxic aura up. But he’ll hit hard on basics I guess