**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Underrated Unawakened Champ: Cap Infinity War

MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Alls in the title. I've been using him as a 5 star at 4/55 unduped for a while now. He's gotten me uncollected, through the uncollected EQ, through the legendary side quest, and always carries me in AQ map 5. I don't think he absolutely needs his dupe unless you need a guaranteed boost for your team. His heavy fury is insane whether he's duped or not. I've gotten upwards of 50k damage in a single SP2 with a fury and 5 reflective shield charges.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    MrBanks said:

He's not underrated at all lol

He's definitely not underrated but he's underrated as an UNAWAKENED champ
    Well it's because a big portion of what makes him special is in his awakened ability. He's still not underrated as an unawakened champ, though, like I said.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    MrBanks said:

Alls in the title. I've been using him as a 5 star at 4/55 unduped for a while now. He's gotten me uncollected, through the uncollected EQ, through the legendary side quest, and always carries me in AQ map 5. I don't think he absolutely needs his dupe unless you need a guaranteed boost for your team. His heavy fury is insane whether he's duped or not. I've gotten upwards of 50k damage in a single SP2 with a fury and 5 reflective shield charges.

Thoughts?

He's amazing. And his damage is almost all there Unawakened, although it goes up a bit if you stack armour breaks. He can hit hard all the time too, not just on his SP2 (although that's the headline act, sure).

I never got him as a five star; but took him straight to R2 (Unawakened) when I pulled him as a 6*. Taking him into ROL against WS, he substantially out-damages my maxed-out 5/65 CMM despite class disadvantage.

The guy is savage.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I wouldn’t say he absolutely needs his awakened ability but to put him next to the gods of science he absolutely needs it. Just like void absolutely needs it to be a god tier science champ.

When you have a cap at or above sig 170 you see why he needs a high sig. I have a 5/65 sig 200 and a 2/35 sig 0 cap. Loads of difference.

The damage is still there but the utility which makes a one of the top science champions is where he really shines.

I would also say he’s not underrated in any aspect of the game.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    The dupe gives him extraordinary utility. His damage is brilliant without dupe and his utility is pretty good as well.
  • king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    MrBanks said:

Thoughts?

yep, planning on taking my unawakened six star to r3 once i get the last 25% of a science t5cc. his perfect block and big yellow numbers really helped in 7.1
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

MrBanks said:

Thoughts?

He's amazing. And his damage is almost all there Unawakened, although it goes up a bit if you stack armour breaks. He can hit hard all the time too, not just on his SP2 (although that's the headline act, sure).

I never got him as a five star; but took him straight to R2 (Unawakened) when I pulled him as a 6*. Taking him into ROL against WS, he substantially out-damages my maxed-out 5/65 CMM despite class disadvantage.

The guy is savage.
    how fast did he go on that winter soldier? my r4 cmm did it in 2 mins ish
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★

MrBanks said:

Thoughts?

The guy is savage.
    I'm guessing you're looking at the total hits instead of time, Cap does it in way fewer hits because he does parry heavy + single hit sp2. If you look at the time spent to kill for both of them, CMM beats Cap easily
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    When testing champs, hit count is irrelevant, DPS is what’s important. For example, aegons unblockable does not increase damage per hit but it increases damage significantly due to giving him so many openings.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Logic question, you said CAIW unawakened has been underrated. Who? When? Why? Did you created a fallacy and then answer yourself?

Whenever I see the word “underrated” I always questioned where did you get that standard, or just your impression only.