**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dev Diary: Cavalier Difficulty in 2021 and Beyond - New Buffs for February!

Comments

• slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    gsil6374 said:

Explain how this makes sense:

Kabam: "We love seeing videos of Angela dealing over 20,000 damage on a medium. We won't be changing that."
    Also Kabam: We're changing cosmic so champions like Angela won't be doing over 20,000 damage on a medium.

Bruh, but other who has many armor break can do damage like Angela used to be, they don't nerf the node, just change the champs who 'll benefit it
    gsil6374 said:

slacker said:

Bruh, but other who has many armor break can do damage like Angela used to be, they don't nerf the node, just change the champs who 'll benefit it

So if you ranked up champions like Angela for these events thinking (hoping) Kabam wouldn't screw you over, your ****. I expect nothing less
    But more champs will be available for this cosmic cav eq snce they remove buffed up, Angela still do a thing or 2, she just don't get the advantage, also they lots of champs can have that advantage like corvus,cull, medusa,... which are still have many rank up for and play even outside cav quest.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Ace_03 said:

xNig said:

Bunch of guys who are only interested in the rewards and not the experience. Seriously what do you all play this game for?

This is not a Nintendo game from the 80's where the thrill was to beat the levels, those games had an ending and did not require you to obtain rare materials to increase the effectiveness of a character.

Even do this game has Role Playing game principals and ideals, it still is nothing close to those games, nor it should, since, again those games have an ending and this doesn't, which is part of the allure, having a continuous story and lore in it (even do a good amount of people could care less about that)

So, I know you have no interest in an answer cause clearly you and other individuals like you (most famously a certain bespectacled and follicly challenged top player) LOVE difficulty just for the experience and for the enjoyment that brings, rewards mean nothing, however the player base is not the 1000 elite players in top top alliances in the game, of which a handful are “popular”. The player base consists of average day to day players, and the average player likes to be rewarded so...

Ta da!

They can have the chance to get better champions, increase their level and their abilities, because that is satisfying to the great majority of the player base, which is not the elite, but the mid tier player of this game. So, as hard as this seems to be for you to understand, if you took a second to think about the majority, instead of the minority, you would understand this.

Feel free to use whatever passive-aggressive, condescending and mockingly sarcastic remarks and dismissive snide one liners to brush aside my clearly unfounded and cognitively impaired arguments.
    Which is why the majority will quit because their sole motivation is rewards and not the experience.

Gathering rewards is important, but if that’s a players’ end goal, then they will get disenchanted as they progress because it simply takes more time to design a game than to play through it.

Also, Kabam didn’t make it more difficult. They just changed the nodes to make it more interesting. The old ones were getting boring.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    NUTTA said:

Typical kabam. Wait till everyone ranks up stupid champs just to counter specific nodes then change everything so those rank ups r completely wasted.

I think with where Kabam were going with this, you were only needed to rank up your 4 stars for this quest. It's perfectly doable with them. If you wasted resources on 5 stars and 6 stars for this quest, then that's on you.
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    With the new nodes Kabam insists that I rank up new champs such as civil warrior, massacre, NT, etc but remain stingy as ever with giving out t2a, t1a, t4cc and iso. If you insist on us diversifying our rosters then stop being stingy with resources

With the new nodes Kabam insists that I rank up new champs such as civil warrior, massacre, NT, etc but remain stingy as ever with giving out t2a, t1a, t4cc and iso. If you insist on us diversifying our rosters then stop being stingy with resources

With 350% attack boosts you need to rank up new champs? Lol
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    xNig said:

Yea I don't want to use 4* r1 or 5* r1 champs :) You do you tho

xNig said:

Yea I don't want to use 4* r1 or 5* r1 champs :) You do you tho
    So you’re doing Cav difficulty but find resources to R5/R3 champs unaffordable? Geez
    Wait, just a question, does Falcon suitable for skill node ? Since he's only reduce DAAR not AAR
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    A seemingly equal fair and unfair exchange between the old and the new nodes this might be, the least of what I would have really loved to see is something about the conversion of the 10% t5cc crystal into a selector after doing exploration.
    NUTTA said:

Typical kabam. Wait till everyone ranks up stupid champs just to counter specific nodes then change everything so those rank ups r completely wasted.

I mean you only need to rank up 2 or 3 champs to complete the whole specific class quest, even only 1 if you good enough, it's not like you have to rank up a whole team anyway.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    The reward improvement is long overdue. Cavalier difficulty is a huge chore. Changing the buffs is cool, but you need to give people an incentive to actually care.

my rank up decisions for the past month have all been based around making the cavalier eq easier with the nodes i've come to expect. i can't bring my 5r4 angela or 5r4 luke cage into act 6/7 and expect them to perform to the same level that champions with higher power levels can perform to. if you want to change the nodes, fine, but i would like to see more rewards or rank down tickets as i can't get those t1a back.

That’s on you. No one asked you to rank based on Cav EQ. And please don’t tell me you spent T2A instead of Rank Up gems on those rank ups.

T1A? They come in truckloads nowadays.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,130 ★★★★★
    I was praying each path node would of changed instead of a full quest node change as its main reason i dont 100% cav as dealing same node every month glad its getting a change of node so keeps entertaining but for me personally after a few months again that node be like what we have now we need change of nodes each month and each path
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    This logic really don't make sense to me this move actually seems like more work, don't understand how this will reduce time, if you want to reduce time then make the path shorter like in Chapter 3 of the quest make it 5 path instead of like 7/8, fighting the same boss 7 or 8 times just gets boring after a while. This is like a company saying we are going to increase your work load but your pay( rewards) will stay the same. I will wait to see how the quest plays out but i just can't see how this will save time or be less time consuming it actually seem more difficult and less rewarding and more time consuming. anyway thanks for always trying to make the game better i wish the bugs(omega Red lol) received the same attention.