**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Side event quest is basically Groundhog's Day...

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★

I hope they don't have another quest that's this repetitive ever again. Fighting the same 9 champs, in the same order, with the same node buffs.... 24 times this month (with the last 8 coming up in 2 days).... is a very easy way to make it one of the most boring side events even though the rewards were great.

Never again please

Comments

• Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    CGR2020 said:

CGR2020 said:

It's worth it after the struggle. It gets easier as you keep repeating enemies, and you can develop strategies/counters for each node. The last node is the easiest of all on the Spider/Mutant SQ.

And for the 5* Featured I got from Legendary diff, I got a got-tier which I never had before:

Dragon Man!!
    Ya it's easy for most us. It's just that it's too repititive and it becomes extremely boring after a while. Sorta like arena.
    Arena gives different opponents with different difficulties, and it's a 3 on 3. The SQ gives you a chance to make strategies and bring perfect counters to ace each node like a 2nd grade test lol.
    But then again, you have a great point: It's too repetitive and hard after a while. My main problems were the Iceman coldsnap, Nightcrawler's [Bleep] ing evade when I don't have Professor X alive, and Rogue Aegis heavy. Her heavy makes her react really fast and doesn't give some champs the room for heavy.
    Sorry, arena isn't some big game mode where I'm being constantly challenged. It's a garbage and boring game mode that has the best rewards in the entire game. Same as this event in my eyes. I'm praying next month is much better
  • IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
    I don't even think the rewards are even that good. If you pick the shards side all you get is less than 2/3 of a 6* featured because let's be honest... who is opening a 6* basic? If you pick the rank up rewards side you don't even get a sufficient amount of rank up materials and so it'll mainly just be fore the 2% t5cc crystals that are such a small amount you wont even notice. Add this to the fact the solo objectives are based on a biweekly timer so there is no room to do it all at once. One of the worst events ever imo... I've even noticed that I'm barely logging on recently
  • Soumemiakas1926Soumemiakas1926 Posts: 320 ★★★
    I totally agree. The rewards are good but the fact that you have to repeat same fights over and over again makes it boring af.
  • BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 ★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Thank you for all your input. We appreciate your feedback and will note this for future events! :)

Thanks I personally love the event it's just kinda boring ngl
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I don’t mind the event. It’s not exciting by any means but having the same fights over and over makes it easier. I’ve got it down to 15-17 hits per defender (1-2 combos)
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★
    The issue is that they made three different quests, but you have to do the same one every time to get the good rewards. If all three quests gave the same number of stamps (and had the same number of fights), it likely wouldn’t feel as stale because the player could switch things up. Whereas if I switched things up now for variety, it would cost me 2000 6* shards and 10% of a t5cc.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    The upside to having the same fights is knowing who to bring and not wasting a token. The only fight that really needs a decent counter (for me) is iceman but I've used ghost, quake and aegon without real issues.

Yes, it's boring and I don't like side events in general but knowing what I'm in for makes a nice change.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I personally prefer this event over most others because it is so easy to do. I know many people like challenges, but I would rather fight these simple fights 30x than having rotating set of champs, that would surely include pain fights like Doom, Korg, Annihilus and many many others. And the rewards for this event are pretty good in my eyes, 10k 5*, feat 5*, 11k 6* and 5* AG for this little effort is great, idk what better rewards people want smh.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    There should be a large variety of fights in these types of side quests. Same fights over and over doesn't really increase exposure to fight different champs on different node combinations.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    It’s up there with avengers end game side quest or whatever it was for sheer tedium. Really making the game feel like a chore. When cav eq is a walkthrough for even a moderately developed cav roster let alone TB, the side events for me have been providing the fun challenges. We’ve had some decent ones in the second half of 2020 so can’t complain too much but personally it’s been a struggle to motivate myself to log in this month and hence left my main alliance and have no desire to chase the T5cc objective even on my acc where I need it for TB.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

The issue is that they made three different quests, but you have to do the same one every time to get the good rewards. If all three quests gave the same number of stamps (and had the same number of fights), it likely wouldn’t feel as stale because the player could switch things up. Whereas if I switched things up now for variety, it would cost me 2000 6* shards and 10% of a t5cc.

I totally agree with this.

The fact that you had to do the Legendary Fatal Hyper Insane Mega Ninja Turbo Amazing Super-Repetetive quest to get hold of the 10% T5CC made it effectively pointless to do any other quest for players anywhere near Endgame.

I'm only Cavalier, but can't turn down the opportunity for T5CC.

Great rewards available; so I'm not complaining about that - I just wish that it would have been set up to allow you to reach the milestones through more methods; giving us more choice in hope we got there.

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I just bring in bishop for ice man. If he dies I bring in Nick.