**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why I chose Karnak over other champs in 6* Nexus (7.1 exploration reward)

PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
bcos the other options were worse hahahahaha

Comments

• LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    I mean hey if they don't make changes to the New Skill Cavalier Nodes that are coming, then he'll be one of the few Counters... (Really hope they do change it though, if you haven't seen it's worse than the current Skill Cavalier Node...)
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    ouch, thats a bad Nexus
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★

I mean hey if they don't make changes to the New Skill Cavalier Nodes that are coming, then he'll be one of the few Counters... (Really hope they do change it though, if you haven't seen it's worse than the current Skill Cavalier Node...)

New Nodes? What are they? I'm hoping they don't change the current skill Cav nodes. I've been able to finally use blade again on a regular basis.
  • HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
    F
    Also, to be fair to the other options I had available:

I've used Vulture quite a few times in cav (tech quest) and also in variant 6 (villain) so he's not as turd-ly as he was before these two quests were released. If I hadn't already duped him then would've considered picking him over Karnak

New Nodes? What are they? I'm hoping they don't change the current skill Cav nodes. I've been able to finally use blade again on a regular basis.

It's pretty bad, Blade also gets shafted for the fights he would've been good for, they said they wanted to step away from Roster Limiting Nodes yet changed the One Class Node that made Every Skill Better (since everyone has Parry). This new Node only has like 14 Counters (only 4 or so can counter the Node without Specials or Ramp Up)...

It's pretty bad, Blade also gets shafted for the fights he would've been good for, they said they wanted to step away from Roster Limiting Nodes yet changed the One Class Node that made Every Skill Better (since everyone has Parry). This new Node only has like 14 Counters (only 4 or so can counter the Node without Specials or Ramp Up)...
    *only 14 Skill Counters

You can still use other Classes but the point of these changes was to make you want to use the Suggested Class more and to have them not limited... (Meanwhile the Current Node gives Every Skill Champion a Passive Fury when a Debuff Expires which affects Every Champion since Everyone Has Parry)

Back to the main point though, Karnak is one of those Few Counters since he has True Strike from his Sp1.
    omg that node looks yuck ! yeah the current skill node actually leaves it quite open. I have NF dupe but just enjoying the quick 10 x parry to ramp up blade and then smash thru. Guess it'll be back to NF sp1 (disorient and also ramp up his tactical charges to stop evade)

Also, to be fair to the other options I had available:

I've used Vulture quite a few times in cav (tech quest) and also in variant 6 (villain) so he's not as turd-ly as he was before these two quests were released. If I hadn't already duped him then would've considered picking him over Karnak

Always has a soft spot for Vulture, he'd be a lot more Fun if they did one simple Change to either his Base Abilities or on a Synergy.

"Heavy Attacks- Both Hits Are Guaranteed to be Critical Hits."

Vulture still has the Highest Base Crit Damage Stat in the Game, but at the same time terribly low Crit Chance which also affects his Charges that Build Up on Crits. Having a simple Guaranteed Crit Area would allow him to Ramp Up Much Quicker and have Solid Damage, while still not making him Broken OP.

omg that node looks yuck ! yeah the current skill node actually leaves it quite open. I have NF dupe but just enjoying the quick 10 x parry to ramp up blade and then smash thru. Guess it'll be back to NF sp1 (disorient and also ramp up his tactical charges to stop evade)

What's annoying about the Ramp Up/Special Champions though is during that Ramp Up the enemy still has a 50% Evade Chance... Sure you can Parry+MLM but that's gonna get Real Old Real Quick having to do it only Every Fight In That Quest Every Month...
    Simple fix would be either add that Node that gives the Attacker and Defender a Chance to Apply an Incinerate off every Hit (but Then what happens when they inevitably put a Human Torch in the Quest or an Apocalypse who's immune to 2 of the Debuffs) or they come up with a New Node/Keep the Current One...
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Watch Karnak be buffed next lol
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★

Actually the skill node gave the fury for damaging debuffs, so I don’t know what you mean by parry
  • DodgerDogDodgerDog Posts: 86
    Looks like bwdo will crush this path
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    F
    Almost picked Karnak myself tbh.

Went with terrax instead.
    I know oml is technically better, but I already have a duped 5* at 4/55 so didn’t feel like awakening him.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★

Actually the skill node gave the fury for damaging debuffs, so I don’t know what you mean by parry

I mentioned this to him on the announcement post. Can’t believe someone that actually does cav eq doesn’t know this.

Right I forgot, still not as Limiting as what the New Node would be and has no Penalty for not using a Counter.
    Shamir51 said:

I mentioned this to him on the announcement post. Can’t believe someone that actually does cav eq doesn’t know this.
    Chill dude, it's called making a Mistake... Also I didn't see anything on the Announcement Post because you aren't Notified when someone replies to a comment unless they Tag @ your name...
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Why most of the 6* nexus I have seen are so bad? I am afraid for myself.
    Sorry for you though.
  • Invicta_HellionInvicta_Hellion Posts: 220 ★★

• altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,286 ★★★★
    Those new nodes are not great. They seem to be favoring newer Skill champions (don't think any of the older Skill champs have regular access to Incinerate or Shock, and only some can Disorient), which most players probably don't have or don't have ranked up.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    At least you got a new champ. Awakening SIM was my best option. FML
  • CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★
    Seems a lot less like “use more of your roster” and more like “rank up these useless champs because your best and current ranked up champs won’t work as well here. Here we will sell you the resources if you don’t want to grind.”
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I expected this, but it still made me laugh
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    F
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    F
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    This has to be one of the funniest thing i have seen in a while
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    I mean... Karnak is not THAT bad.
    I enjoy my r5 and use him in my Cav runs depending on Global nodes.
    He's also been extremely useful for Spider Event