**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• IkthulisIkthulis Posts: 122
    edited January 2021
    In-Game Name: The Tinkerer
    Device and Model: iPhone XR
    Device Operating System: iOS 14.3
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 29.2.0
    Game Mode: This happens in every mode at any random time.
    Description of the Issue: Total input failure. No connection issues! Just will not respond at all.

Video inserted below.
    https://youtu.be/lwA1nu0hccI
    It looks like I’m just filming my screen not doing anything but, I’m tapping all over my screen. No errors, no connectivity issues, nothing...
  • Bb0116Bb0116 Posts: 6
    In-Game Name: Bb0116
    Device and Model: Iphone 12
    Device Operating System: IOS 14.3
    Cellular or WiFi: Both cellular and wifi
    Game Mode: Story quests and event quests
    Description of the Issue: I’ve submitted multiple issues to the support team and am just told they will look into it, nothing ever gets fixed. I’ve spent money on this game and to have it continuously bugged is frustrating and makes me want to quit. Many of the issues started with the last two updates. Consistent lag especially in the incursions, dropping block’s while holding down, mid combo my characters will dash back, and getting hit with a special attack when I’m mid combo are frequently occurring in all modes of game play. Some of the bigger issues I’ve listed below, but it’s not all I’ve experienced.
    Duel targets not showing up when searched for. I can only seem to find about 50% of the targets I search for, some that do not show up include doctor doom, spider-gwen, mysterio, the thing, and many more.
    7.1.2- Rhino mini boss- power shield node not functioning properly. Using ghost, special 2 did 15K damage total, with a fury and 2 cruelty buffs. Rank 5/65 200 sig Captain America infinity war used multiple special 2’s one did 9k total damage the other did 11k. its supposed to boost the special damage by 400%, clearly it did not work.
    7.1.3- backfire path with Dr. Strange and Cable- Backfire node states “Whenever Science Attackers perform a well-timed block, they apply a power sting debuff to the defender for 5 seconds.” Using Captain America infinity war, the power sting only applies one out of every 8-10 parry’s
    Variant 6 Chapter 1 act 1- the local node states that any champion throwing goes unstoppable they reverse healing on the opponent and regenerate themselves. I was using magneto; his heavy attack causes hi to go unstoppable (and no it wasn’t on cooldown) and the heal reversal and regeneration only triggered about 50% of the time.

There are many more examples of bugs with the game, but these have cost me resources. I’ve reported several issues and am just told that they will forward it to the game team so they can look into it. No kind of compensation is offered even though I’ve sent in pictures and videos of the problems. It’s just a waste of time do submit tickets because nothing is ever fixed. I’m about to just quit the game because of all these stupid bugs.
  • rischiorischio Posts: 163
    I am facing an almost systematic crash in the character selection screen, story mode act6 champion.
    The game crashes either at character load (cap IW for what matters), character change or if I click on the nodes icon.
    I am now totally unable to play.

This is very annoying, I'm stuck here and I would prefer not to give up since I only have two runs to go.

Game 29.2.0
    Ios 14.3
    Iphone 8
  • rischiorischio Posts: 163
    Ok, I tried everything to no avail.
    Reinstalling, soft reset, using another device (iphone 7). Now the fight starts with cap iw and crashes systematically upon character model loading.
  • SolvseusSolvseus Posts: 77
    AJC_1870 said:

Game Mode: usually kicks me off in 2 or 3 Star arenas, random kickoffs other times, and MAJOR lag time.

Same. 2* are the worst, but 3* as well. Constant crashes. Happens on my 7th gen iPad, but also happened my gfs 5th gen, and when we tried it on our phones, an XR and an 8. Didn’t help. All up-to-date, iOS and the game. Happens elsewhere too, but arenas are the worst. Making her not want to actually play the game. She logs in, gets her daily reward, does an autocomplete of a couple of proving grounds or daily quests, then logs out. Reinstalling does nothing. Pretty frustrating.
  • _Warg__Warg_ Posts: 8
    In-Game Name: _Warg_
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: ios 14.3
    Cellular or WiFi: both.
    Game modes: Every
    Description of the Issue: since the latest update, during some heroes' special animations, the game freezes for 1 second.
  • Bb0116Bb0116 Posts: 6
    Is there going to be compensation offered for all these issues? In the past month I've reported bugs in the new variant, chapter 7, duel targets, and others. There have also been issues with the general gameplay, like severe lag, characters dropping blocks while still holding down on the phone screen, getting hit with special attacks mid combo, characters dashing back mid combo, parry not stunning opponent, and a ton of others. Everyone is reporting issues only to be told we are looking into it and will not be able to update you, but the issues never seem to get fixed. I will never spend another dollar on this game with the way your customer service handles issues. I have gotten the same copied and pasted response multiple times from reporting different issues. I've sent in multiple screenshots and videos only to be told in a response to please attach video of it happening.
  • TrololbornTrololborn Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Trololborn
    Device and Model: iPad Air 3rd Gen
    Device Operating System: 14.3
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: I have encountered it on Arena and Jubilee side quest today. However, it happens anywhere.
    Description of the Issue: The game suddenly stops taking input. For example, while i'm blocking the input is lost and my champions starts walking towards enemy and doesn't take any input for a while. It has been an issue for several months but rarely happened. But today, I can't really play the game due to this. I had to waste 3 revives on side event in order to complete due to this issue.
  • AlexRunner77AlexRunner77 Posts: 14
    Cellular or WiFi: both.
    Game modes: All
    Description of the Issue: Game is very laggy, and random framerate. In one fight I can get smooth gameplay + big drops, looks like droping from 60 FPS to 20, then stay 40. I try all recommendation, turn off everything I can, reinstall game, restore iPhone, and actually stress testing my phone, no throttling. Also test other games, for example PUBG, it’s so smooth and stabile game, why I can’t get same performance on my new XR? Where is unbelievable optimisation on iOS devices?
    I’m rly tired play this game, 20-60 fps, it’s so laggy, so freezing, and I’m not the only one with same problem, after checking a lot of forums and chats - its a big problem, and I have no idea how to fix it!!!
    Phone is good, connection amazing, other games go amazing, but only mcoc gives me lags
  • CynchoticCynchotic Posts: 186
    In Name Game: Cynchotic
    Device/Model: iPhone 7
    Device OS: 14.3
    Cellular/WiFi: Use Both
    Game Version: 29.2.0
    Game Mode: Arenas
    Issue Description: When I go into area, I continuously crash. I crash while choosing champs, while choosing defenders, while load screen is up from going to the 3 teams I choose to go into fight. I never have problems with lag or crashes.

Happy Playing
  • DArmandDArmand Posts: 5
    In Name Game: ArsenalxH
    Device/Model: iPhone 7
    Device OS: 14.3
    Cellular/WiFi: Use Both
    Game Version: 29.2.0
    Game Mode: All
    Issue Description: In all pre fight game screens or any screen where character models are doing the idol animation the game crashes. This has been going on for more than a week and it is getting worse and I tried everything to fix this. In aw and aq this is especially annoying because the game gives me a loss when I didn’t even fight at all.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    iOS 14.2, iPhone 8 latest game, wifi
    Parry timing is off, it has been for days, often they are stunning or in parrying in time but getting hit, this is hard to quantify except yesterday in aq I saw parry pop up and the opponent didn’t stun, this was nebula defender on map 5 with no nodes active. I remember this bug from years ago
  • Underpar69Underpar69 Posts: 86
    In game: Underpar69 (Thronebreaker)
    5+ years a summoner
    Phone: iPhone 12 pro
    IOS: up to date 14.3
    Game updated to latest version
    Wifi hard line fibre 200 MBps (ookla) and 5 G mobile signal

Champs don't hold block and then just lets go of block at times, just dash in at free will Randomly (this a bit of an issue when facing 40k plus rated opponents) if u get a parry (50/50 wether it works) if u do champs wont engage heavy they just stand there. You get hit through your block. It happens in all game modes randomly.
    O and I do have a phone cover ( old wives tale).

This has been reported exhaustively on numerous other threads. It has been emailed to support case number #17774. I was given every faff response you can think off. Uninstall app now reinstall app now close and reopen reinstalled app, Wifi, cellular, old iPhone 12 pro (u kidding?) old IOS then it turned to me losing the “perfect timing” to parry. At this stage Im sorry I lost it after 5.5 years of playing a certain way I now cant parry correctly? (Just to be clear like a child I did comply with the delete and reinstalled the app) and lo and behold its the same!!! I supplied a proof video of my champ just dashing in, no I have to video record me playing and the champ doing it? What are support there for? So the other players reporting the same issues in this medium are lying? U want to tell me no one on the whole support, development, moderators.... ect or the guys that test the content has an iPhone 12 to sit for an hour and investigate what the community is saying. The responses on this issue have been muted at best.

I see the usual compensation sponges above. It has and is costing me items, units, money and more NB deaths in war. I don't care about compensation don't want it, it gets handed out to easily I work for what I have. Just fix it. Now if we would bother to check the android thread there are a lot of the similar issues being mentioned there!
    I don't spend a lot except at key times. I wont till this is resolved and my feedback on the app store will reflect the situation.

We should stop future development, new champs and new content and employ all resources into fixing the issues currently in the game in the short term. Why do things like above and say OR, Ghost, Aegon bugs that are negative to the player base take so long to resolve? Thats where the negative views and conspiracy theories originate! Especially when u compare it to the reaction time and open across the board communication style in response to when a mistake benefits the players base. Its never taken months to fix those issues, its minutes.

The ethos on forums is to be positive. Im trying not to be negative. The above is not negative its the current status quo.
  • PAI_MEIPAI_MEI Posts: 20
    In-Game Name: ONSLAUGHT
    Device and Model: iPhone XsMax
    Cellular or WiFi: both. Carrier Verizon
    Game modes: Arena multiple times daily, AQ once, EQ ~5 times
    Description of the Issue: for the last 30-40 days, game will randomly close. At first it was primarily after selecting a team for arena and clicking on Continue or Accept. Then, it began happening mid combo in arena as well. Today it occurred when blocking. Happened once in AQ and several times in EQ, but mainly in arena (I grind a lot). My phone is not hot, my other apps have no issues.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★

In game: Underpar69 (Thronebreaker)
    5+ years a summoner
    Phone: iPhone 12 pro
    IOS: up to date 14.3
    Game updated to latest version
    Wifi hard line fibre 200 MBps (ookla) and 5 G mobile signal

Champs don't hold block and then just lets go of block at times, just dash in at free will Randomly (this a bit of an issue when facing 40k plus rated opponents) if u get a parry (50/50 wether it works) if u do champs wont engage heavy they just stand there. You get hit through your block. It happens in all game modes randomly.
    O and I do have a phone cover ( old wives tale).

This has been reported exhaustively on numerous other threads. It has been emailed to support case number #17774. I was given every faff response you can think off. Uninstall app now reinstall app now close and reopen reinstalled app, Wifi, cellular, old iPhone 12 pro (u kidding?) old IOS then it turned to me losing the “perfect timing” to parry. At this stage Im sorry I lost it after 5.5 years of playing a certain way I now cant parry correctly? (Just to be clear like a child I did comply with the delete and reinstalled the app) and lo and behold its the same!!! I supplied a proof video of my champ just dashing in, no I have to video record me playing and the champ doing it? What are support there for? So the other players reporting the same issues in this medium are lying? U want to tell me no one on the whole support, development, moderators.... ect or the guys that test the content has an iPhone 12 to sit for an hour and investigate what the community is saying. The responses on this issue have been muted at best.

I see the usual compensation sponges above. It has and is costing me items, units, money and more NB deaths in war. I don't care about compensation don't want it, it gets handed out to easily I work for what I have. Just fix it. Now if we would bother to check the android thread there are a lot of the similar issues being mentioned there!
    I don't spend a lot except at key times. I wont till this is resolved and my feedback on the app store will reflect the situation.

We should stop future development, new champs and new content and employ all resources into fixing the issues currently in the game in the short term. Why do things like above and say OR, Ghost, Aegon bugs that are negative to the player base take so long to resolve? Thats where the negative views and conspiracy theories originate! Especially when u compare it to the reaction time and open across the board communication style in response to when a mistake benefits the players base. Its never taken months to fix those issues, its minutes.

The ethos on forums is to be positive. Im trying not to be negative. The above is not negative its the current status quo.

The only part of this I don’t agree with is the shutting down new content to investigate.
    It’s a reasonable expectation to have a working game and new content.
    It’s feels like pot luck if you have a device that runs the game ok... the guys in my alliance who seem to be least affected by performance issues have iPhone 11/ iPhone 11 Pro Max.
    It’s infuriating.
  • NetjgrnautNetjgrnaut Posts: 68
    Here’s a new wrinkle I discovered on a cross country trip. There are so many different crash triggers at this point, I don’t know which thread to add my comment to.

Just outside of Nashville TN, I completed a path in AQ map 6 on an iPhone 8 latest iOS over AT&T cellular. My team includes spider ham. I had to start every fight twice b/c the game crashes the first time for every fight, no matter which champ model is loading.

4 hours later, just south of Atlanta GA, I can’t start a fight without crashing in AQ. Doesn’t matter if I’m on the hotel WiFi or my cell data. Doesn’t matter if I use my iPhone or my iPad.

So... MCOC doesn’t work on iOS south of the Mason-Dixon line? /shrug/

Account name: Manny’s Ghost
  • AJC_1870AJC_1870 Posts: 43
    Solvseus said:

AJC_1870 said:

Game Mode: usually kicks me off in 2 or 3 Star arenas, random kickoffs other times, and MAJOR lag time.

Same. 2* are the worst, but 3* as well. Constant crashes. Happens on my 7th gen iPad, but also happened my gfs 5th gen, and when we tried it on our phones, an XR and an 8. Didn’t help. All up-to-date, iOS and the game. Happens elsewhere too, but arenas are the worst. Making her not want to actually play the game. She logs in, gets her daily reward, does an autocomplete of a couple of proving grounds or daily quests, then logs out. Reinstalling does nothing. Pretty frustrating.
    Sorry, I haven’t been back to check, but are you still having the same problems, I am..
  • Kodaring_2Kodaring_2 Posts: 9
    The game keeps crashing during aq and aw. I have played this game since almost the start and recently with all the problems it’s getting hard to compete when the game just crashes giving a kill in aw along with crashing during aq. This cost my alliance and makes it’s making it to where it’s no longer even fun to play anymore. As long as a lot of us have been playing many of us are on verge of just giving up on playing. I mean look at how many of us over the years have put money into this game and that money could be used to fix these problems or at least give us some type of reward till it is fixed. If it isn’t addressed or fixed soon many ppl are just going to stop playing. Who wants to play roulette not knowing when you’ll get killed for no reason? My alliance and many other alliance would love to play this game without the glitches or crashes and begin to enjoy the game like we use to so we would appreciate it if this dream could become a reality before we just give up playing.
  • MsHolmesMsHolmes Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Nora H
    Device and Model: iPad Air 2
    Device Operating System: 14.2
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Mode: Arena
    Description of the Issue: keeps crashing. Crashed a few times within minutes: when matching, when rearranging champs on the match screen, when tapping the accept button to confirm match, entering the first fight and then once again when entering the last fight. Been happening for a while but never to this extent. Normally it’d crash a few times a day, hours apart
  • Pbg__5ivePbg__5ive Posts: 11
    In-Game Name: I am funk
    Device and Model: iphone 11 pro max
    Device Operating System: ios lastest version
    Game Mode: All game modes, EQ, AQ, Arena
    Description of the issue: game crashes at least 2 times per hour, it doesn’t matter the content you’re playing, before the fight screen the game crashes.
    Pbg__5ive said:

In-Game Name: I am funk
    Device and Model: iphone 11 pro max
    Device Operating System: ios lastest version
    Game Mode: All game modes, EQ, AQ, Arena
    Description of the issue: game crashes at least 2 times per hour, it doesn’t matter the content you’re playing, before the fight screen the game crashes.

Same, plus I have lag problem, gameplay on 20-30 fps, iPhone XR. I’m waiting for tomorrow’s tech work, maybe kabam fix it
  • -Game Name: rayanji
    Device and Model: iPhone SE2
    Device Operating System: iOS14.3
    Cellular or WiFi: 4G Telstra (Australia)
    Game Mode: Entire Game
    Description of the Issue: Game cannot run or load when connected to the 4G network. Works only on Wifi
    Device Operating System: iOS 14.4
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue:

Hi. One week ago, I posted message here about great lags (low frame rate) in mcoc. Also I said, that I did a lot of things I can do on iPhone (reinstall app, restore iPhone, turned off a lot of functions like locations and upgrades in app). The problem is: different framerate in game, sometimes it’s ok (30 fps and more) but most my gameplay running like on 15-20 fps, feels very laggy, and can be called “freezing”. Finally I tested other games (call of duty and PUBG), and I don’t have any problem or lag, it’s so smooth and fast even after 1 hour of game play. Marvel lagging from 1 second in game, it’s very random, sometimes it’s better, last Sunday was amazing gameplay in mcoc (without lags and freezes). My phone is new, he runs all stress test, all games, all running fast and smooth, but mcoc is not. Also I asked about this problem in all chat, and there is so many people with same issue, also they are at this forum.
    Kabam, can you reply? Can you help us?
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 179
    Maintenance, what’s it good for... absolutely... nothing

You should think that there be an improvement in the game flow and stability but is it?

After the maintenance the game is now being worse to predict due to the inconsistent flow. Fight have a high frame, low frame rate and speed changes in the fights. Defender don’t move in their attack it’s more popping up right in front of you like an invisible move. When defender are knocked down return to attack a split second later, giving no time to shift from a launched punch to a parry
  • Zepphyr122Zepphyr122 Posts: 4
    In-Game Name: Seriously!?!?
    Device and Model: iPad Mini5
    Device Operating System: iOS 14.3
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: Unable to connect to game (now), AW lag yesterday was very bad
    Description of the Issue: (1) I get Failed to log in message, stating unable to connect to network. But I am connected to Game Centre and able to send this using the same network and Netflix going working fine on another machine.
    (2) yesterday AW lag was really bad worst I’ve seen. Dexterity didn’t come on most of the time and screen literally staggered. Speedtest on my network was a steady 500mbps.
  • Terror_TomTerror_Tom Posts: 152
    -Game Name: terror-tom
    Device and Model: iPhone XS
    Device Operating System: iOS14.3
    Cellular or WiFi: 4G Vodafone (Germany)
    Game Mode: Arena
    Description of the Issue: Game crashing occasionally when i ask for help or when i start a nee duel
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 179
    Same game details as before

Frame rate in side quest are extremely bad and inconsistent. Probably is in other parts too but in these conditions I’m not to eager to test.

Bad , just bad. It went from annoying to bad after maintenance