**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Side Quest - Horrible Design

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
edited January 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
You need 27 runs in legendary and 5 in epic for the max shard /t5cc rewards, and only get 32 tokens, meaning if you mess up just once you’re done. I accidentally entered the wrong quest, didn’t leave the map and sent a ticket and nothing could be done, 2k 6* shards down the drain. This should be a lesson to Kabam going forward not to have side quests like this. Before video guides came out, you needed to solve a system of linear equations to know the optimal distribution between legendary/epic to get max rewards and I’m certain others have messed up as well. Shouldnt be punished if it happened just once.

There should be a way to obtain additional tokens perhaps through a daily cav offer or something.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    i messed up ONCE and will come just 1 stamp in excess of getting everything i set out for LOL #sighofrelief ... i was like i thought i had this mapped out perfectly but it seems little room for error for sure lol
  • Skadi2604Skadi2604 Posts: 23
    Same here. Lost 2000 shards just for a innocent mistake... At least give out another 1-2-3 entries because this event was confusing as hell
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    MikeHock said:

I actually prefer some aspects of this side event, like not having to do it every day to reap the rewards.

I agree. I give the event a '2' on a scale of '5'. Poorly worded event that doesn't forgive you for making a mistake like losing a token because you clicked an unintended button, like I did. Did have some stuff in there that I did like such as what you mentioned here. Just wish there was a one-time undo button for those such as myself that picked the wrong difficulty unintentionally.
    Its not like we're asking for much. Just one more entry for those that slipped up. I really really really don't see the problem in giving 1-2 more entries...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Crcrcrc said:

A system of linear equations? You just needed to count.

Technically, that's one linear equation.
    Skadi2604 said:

Its not like we're asking for much. Just one more entry for those that slipped up. I really really really don't see the problem in giving 1-2 more entries...

Or 3, or 4, and if 4 is okay 5 is just one more. And how can you screw the people who need 6 more, when you're willing to give 5.
    I just cant believe that this community is so toxic and act like they give the tokens from their own account. I just cant believe the comments that im seeing....
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Kennado said:

MikeHock said:

I actually prefer some aspects of this side event, like not having to do it every day to reap the rewards.

I agree. I give the event a '2' on a scale of '5'. Poorly worded event that doesn't forgive you for making a mistake like losing a token because you clicked an unintended button, like I did. Did have some stuff in there that I did like such as what you mentioned here. Just wish there was a one-time undo button for those such as myself that picked the wrong difficulty unintentionally.
    Why you giving even 2? It's boring as hell.
  • SpideyDNASpideyDNA Posts: 31
    I wasted resources trying to gauge the right difficulty level, didn't really understand how playing the different scenarios effected the rewards, and also choosing the correct playcard versus the reward; a lot of room for error.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Skadi2604 said:

I just cant believe that this community is so toxic and act like they give the tokens from their own account. I just cant believe the comments that im seeing....

LMAO.

Cope.
    Skadi2604 said:

The event actually required thought to optimize. It encouraged people to study it. It encouraged Youtubers to make guides to navigate it. It rewarded thinking and not just tapping on a screen alone. All these things are good things, but none of them are possible if failure is impossible, if you don't have to think and consider your actions, if you don't have to read and consider the consequences of your choices, if the right choice didn't offer better rewards and the wrong choice offered lesser rewards. If players can just do whatever and get bailed out, even on trivial tasks like counting tokens, then trying to reward thinking in the game is pointless, and its all just meathead screen bashing.

If people can't advocate allowing the game to ask people to count to 32 without calculator help and multiple tries without being called toxic, then that word ceases to have any meaning for me and you can pin it on anyone you want. Start with me.

DNA3000 said:

Skadi2604 said:

The event actually required thought to optimize. It encouraged people to study it. It encouraged Youtubers to make guides to navigate it. It rewarded thinking and not just tapping on a screen alone. All these things are good things, but none of them are possible if failure is impossible, if you don't have to think and consider your actions, if you don't have to read and consider the consequences of your choices, if the right choice didn't offer better rewards and the wrong choice offered lesser rewards. If players can just do whatever and get bailed out, even on trivial tasks like counting tokens, then trying to reward thinking in the game is pointless, and its all just meathead screen bashing.

If people can't advocate allowing the game to ask people to count to 32 without calculator help and multiple tries without being called toxic, then that word ceases to have any meaning for me and you can pin it on anyone you want. Start with me.
    This is so much nothing.

How does this relate to people doing a room that gave 2 tokens instead of 3 on their first entry when there was no way to know some gave 2 and some gave 3 without trial and error? Why even make rooms that give 2 when choosing those will screw you over? This isn’t people picking the wrong champs for nodes. We shouldn’t need YouTube explanations for how to do a side quest that should’ve been very straight forward. Like people said, it’s just math. If they gave us the numbers we had to add up when it started, we wouldn’t have a problem. They didn’t do that though. You only found out some gave 2 after you tried them out or waited around for someone else to play and tell you. Who wants to wait every month for youtubers to do the basic side quest before trying it? Again, this isn’t a boss rush that people didn’t plan for. This was Kabam giving bad options that only resulted in people losing rewards.
    LMAO. They told us.

DNA3000 said:

Skadi2604 said:

This is so much nothing.

How does this relate to people doing a room that gave 2 tokens instead of 3 on their first entry when there was no way to know some gave 2 and some gave 3 without trial and error?

Skadi2604 said:

DNA3000 said:

Skadi2604 said:

Brother i just misclicked... Its not like i want something from you.. Its not like they take away shards from your accounts. Its just 1 goddam token from kabam. You don't lose nothing and those that did a mistake can at least undo their mistake. If you're against forgiving someone that did a mistake.. Come on... For 1 token? Really? You guys should be supporting this idea instead of disagreeing.......... 😐
    The problem is if Kabam gave 1 out, then people who are missing 2 would want another one. People missing 3 would want another one. It's the classic "if you give a mouse a cookie" scenario. The only way to solve that would to give all the cookies to the mouse (and thereby rendering the whole point of the quest useless) or to not give the mouse any cookies at all (which they are doing right now).

DNA3000 said:

Skadi2604 said:

This is so much nothing.

How does this relate to people doing a room that gave 2 tokens instead of 3 on their first entry when there was no way to know some gave 2 and some gave 3 without trial and error? Why even make rooms that give 2 when choosing those will screw you over? This isn’t people picking the wrong champs for nodes. We shouldn’t need YouTube explanations for how to do a side quest that should’ve been very straight forward. Like people said, it’s just math. If they gave us the numbers we had to add up when it started, we wouldn’t have a problem. They didn’t do that though. You only found out some gave 2 after you tried them out or waited around for someone else to play and tell you. Who wants to wait every month for youtubers to do the basic side quest before trying it? Again, this isn’t a boss rush that people didn’t plan for. This was Kabam giving bad options that only resulted in people losing rewards.
    LMAO. They told us.
    When did they initially say some rooms give 3 and some give 2? This info came from you tubers that ended up getting the t5cc before week 4 so they had extra tokens given to them apparently just to test this out.
    Is it fun being wrong?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Skadi2604 said:

This is so much nothing.

How does this relate to people doing a room that gave 2 tokens instead of 3 on their first entry when there was no way to know some gave 2 and some gave 3 without trial and error?
    It was stated in the IGM