**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why doesn’t Prof X retain 70% power when fighting Cav Slumber Unstoppable Collossus?

SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
Tried to show it through images the best I could. Not very important as the Side Quest is almost over but still don’t understand why he doesn’t regain 70% power.

My best theory was physic shielding. But I don’t see anything in the description that would affect Prof X’s kit.

Comments

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021

UColossus isn’t a tech though :|
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    edited January 2021

UColossus is a tech though :|

Unstoppable colossus is mystic...
    Nothing in UColossus’s kit would affect this either.

Typo lol
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    edited January 2021

Typo lol
    Oh ok, yeah its probably physic shielding or something I guess. My bad! 😂

From my understanding it is because of the psychic shielding. I think they’re still working on adding text regarding it to champs with psychic shielding and champs that have abilities that are impacted by psychic shielding. I believe I read that somewhere I little while ago but I could be totally wrong on that.

That’s kinda stupid. Don’t like silent nerfs.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Not really sure if it’s a silent nerf. I believe Unstoppable Colossus is also immune to reversed controls, or at least Emma’s reverse controls, since I also think Magneto and Juggernaut are immune to that as well. 9 chances out of 10 it was included when Xavier launched, it’s just that they only recently began adding the tag, most likely because as new champs are released, and old ones are buffed, we’ll see more champs with psychic abilities of some sort so they’ll introduce champs with psychic shielding as possible counters to those champs. At least that’s how I see it, but I may be wrong in saying that, you never know
  • Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    It’s an easter egg basically.
    It’s confusing at the least.

From my understanding it is because of the psychic shielding. I think they’re still working on adding text regarding it to champs with psychic shielding and champs that have abilities that are impacted by psychic shielding. I believe I read that somewhere I little while ago but I could be totally wrong on that.

I know you’re not sure but do you have any Idea what you read. A title or something. Can’t seem to find much.

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    As others have stated its due to his helmet protecting him from psychic attacks.

As others have stated its due to his helmet protecting him from psychic attacks.

Do you have a source to back that up?
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★

https://xmenmovies.fandom.com/wiki/Juggernaut's_Helmet#:~:text=Juggernaut's Helmet is a special,helmet that blocks psi-energy.
    "Juggernaut's Helmet is a special form of headgear designed to protect the wearer from all forms of telepathy. He also wears a metal skull cap underneath the helmet made of the same metal as Magneto's helmet that blocks psi-energy."
    UC is wearing Juggernaut's helmet
    Ultimately I don’t think it really decreases Xavier’s value as a champ. He’s still a great champ overall, both in terms of synergies and actual gameplay. All the psychic shielding does is make it so that Xavier isn’t as good against those champs, just like with tech champs. Currently there are only 7 champs that have this tag, so it doesn’t really add a whole lot of champs to the pool that Xavier doesn’t work against. Besides, if anyone is running a team with Xavier, chances are the team is mostly mutants, so if Xavier doesn’t work for a fight then they probably have another counter. While yes, it should have been better communicated, this Easter egg was already present with these champs in regards to reverse controls, it’s just that it’s become more noticeable now that Xavier has been introduced.

Ultimately I don’t think it really decreases Xavier’s value as a champ. He’s still a great champ overall, both in terms of synergies and actual gameplay. All the psychic shielding does is make it so that Xavier isn’t as good against those champs, just like with tech champs. Currently there are only 7 champs that have this tag, so it doesn’t really add a whole lot of champs to the pool that Xavier doesn’t work against. Besides, if anyone is running a team with Xavier, chances are the team is mostly mutants, so if Xavier doesn’t work for a fight then they probably have another counter. While yes, it should have been better communicated, this Easter egg was already present with these champs in regards to reverse controls, it’s just that it’s become more noticeable now that Xavier has been introduced.

It makes a huge change to his ramp up and playstyle. Big enough to a point where I’d need to use a different champ in 90% of scenarios.

its an easter egg, same reason why they work for delerium, same reason why they are unaffected by emma frosts reverse controls.
    Crcrcrc said:

https://xmenmovies.fandom.com/wiki/Juggernaut's_Helmet#:~:text=Juggernaut's Helmet is a special,helmet that blocks psi-energy.
    "Juggernaut's Helmet is a special form of headgear designed to protect the wearer from all forms of telepathy. He also wears a metal skull cap underneath the helmet made of the same metal as Magneto's helmet that blocks psi-energy."
    UC is wearing Juggernaut's helmet
    This doesn’t give anything stating in game mechanics.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Oh another Easter egg. Need to keep a diary about these.

its an easter egg, same reason why they work for delerium, same reason why they are unaffected by emma frosts reverse controls.
    It’s a stupid Easter Egg then. Easter Eggs should be things that bring little to no impact to the game. Not make a character’s ramp up ability twice as long without even stating it.
    90% of all scenarios is a bit of a stretch. Since he’s at a disadvantage against tech and psychic shielding champs, that’s a total of 37 champs out of a total of 192 in the game overall. That’s less than 20%. There are still other champs that counter him, like Torch and a few others so that brings the percentage up higher along with certain node combos, but all champs have counters in some shape or form. Realistically, if you want to focus on one particular champ when playing that’s fine, but you should have a backup just in case you come up against a bad matchup, that applies to all champs not just Xavier.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Delerium is not an Easter egg. The node specifies Psychic resistance are immune to reverse controls
    But the champs who have psychic resistance are not stated anywhere. So you gotta find em and that's the Easter egg.
    HI_guys said:

Delerium is not an Easter egg. The node specifies Psychic resistance are immune to reverse controls
    Yeah I meant the helmet provides him psychic resistance