**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

We Need More Tokens For The Side Quest Event

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

This is what happens when people try to have it all. Lol.

Lol no. Just what was intended. No one wants anything more or less
    What was intended was 32 Entries, with a choice of 16 per Shard/Rank. Which is exactly what we got.
  • TheJargonTheJargon Posts: 19
    Kabam Boo said:

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on the event. We're sorry to hear about some of your experiences with the event but hope you managed to enjoy at least some aspects of the event :) We will take your comments into consideration for future events. Thank you, folks.

Thanks for the acknowledgment, it definitely makes for an unnecessarily stressful gameplay experience when one miss-click could cost you a big reward. Generally I like it when you guys offer choice in the rewards and how you achieve them, but the choices should be easier to understand, especially if there are domino effects over a few weeks.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    It was a bit confusing to begin with, but that’s why I waited until it was explained in such a way that I could understand it before wasting coins and whining.
    edited January 2021
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

What was intended was 32 Entries, with a choice of 16 per Shard/Rank. Which is exactly what we got.
    The 32 tickets were given to gain maximum rewards. Providing room for error in a stupid convuluted event is not asking much
    Um......you get 96 Coins from running all 32 Mutant. That leaves Entries to spare.
    *correction, you get the final Milestone in about 27 and that leaves a margin of at least 5 for error
    People didn't run out by design. They ran out because they doubled back for both Rewards.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

The 32 tickets were given to gain maximum rewards. Providing room for error in a stupid convuluted event is not asking much
    Um......you get 96 Coins from running all 32 Mutant. That leaves Entries to spare.
    *correction, you get the final Milestone in about 27 and that leaves a margin of at least 5 for error
    Not to mention that the "intended" rewards were just the rewards gained from completing two of the objectives, 1 from the first card and 1 from the second card. Kabam already stated that anything else gained from the event was an added bonus.
  • Kabam Boo said:

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on the event. We're sorry to hear about some of your experiences with the event but hope you managed to enjoy at least some aspects of the event :) We will take your comments into consideration for future events. Thank you, folks.

Only real changes I'd have made would be to remove the other two quests as they're red herrings for the most part and mixed up the champions inside the quest - for me the boredom element was the biggest issue. I suppose you'd run into the problem of people failing the quest if you mixed up the champions but maybe only taking the currency upon completion could be an option.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    Tokens.

• doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,717 ★★★
    Sorry but kabam already said at beginning no extra tokens. Believe me, I would love more to get the 5* awakening crystal but...
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 260 ★★★
    To echo someone else's comment: I'm good too.

This was overly complicated, for no reason at all. I get it was to keep with the "thematic" of Arcade. But the quest itself had zero arcade feeling imo. On the contrary, it was one of the most repetitive and boring side quests for me. If there was no T5c at the end of it I'd have given up half way thru.

Decent rewards on the shards side.
    ^^ Good job there.

DNA3000 said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

That is obviously not true. If this were true, the first two arcade events wouldn't exist. The 32 tickets were given to provide plenty enough tickets to complete both cards even if you chose to do the easier events with some to spare. It *also* provided an avenue for players to get more rewards if they played efficiently.

Plus, I am genuinely amazed that people are calling this event "convoluted." I always thought I was a fairly smart person, but if this event was confusing I have an IQ of fifty thousand.

Every card takes 30 stamps to fill. The maximum number of stamps you can get doing the hardest event is 3 per ticket. You get 32 tickets. So that's 96 stamps. That's enough to fill three cards. There's only two of each difficulty card (one in the first two weeks, one in the second) so if you choose to shoot for the max rewards you have to fill two cards of your chosen difficulty and one card of a lower difficulty. You do that by doing ten runs in the first two weeks, then ten more in the next two weeks, then ten more of the lower difficulty. That's 90 stamps with 2 extra.

If on top of that you also want to shoot for the Cavalier objective, then you have to get 80 Legendary stamps. So that's 10 runs of Legendary, plus another 10 runs of Legendary (which fills both Legendary cards), plus 7 more runs to reach 81 Legendary stamps. You now have five stamps left, which is enough to fill half of the Epic card (15 stamps).

*This* is what qualifies for a complicated and convoluted event in a mobile game? This is a problem that would not have stumped me in the second grade.

I can understand people making slip ups. Losing track of which run they were on and doing one too many Legendary because they zoned out. But mistakes are a part of games. I accidentally miss parries and die sometimes. I don't think I should get a do-over on the fight because everyone makes mistakes, because that would trivialize the game. If we trivialize extremely simple game mechanics like "count tokens" and "enter the right map" then it makes those mechanics pointless, because those are the rock bottom easiest ones that can exist, and the game becomes a lot more boring because we can't do anything that might require a moment's thought.
    Wow man how can you type that much and never realize that this much explanation is exactly what makes it over complicated lol.

Just be honest, this was not well executed. Same with how they let people screw up their Christmas presents. I understand that there was a way to do this without missing rewards. What I’m not understanding is why they gave us a way to fail here that seems likely to annoy their customers. That clearly happened if you look at how many people were confused.

And if you can’t explain why it wasn’t complicated without that wall of text, then it’s complicated.
    It's not complicated because anyone can get the intended rewards without much thought.

Take those tokens and run whichever quest you want–you're still going to get the full rewards that you were meant to get (provided you played the same difficulty as the objective).

However, what you're talking about, it being "convoluted", are the extra rewards. People were not confused about the intended rewards, they were confused about how to use tokens in a way that would maximize payout. It's not Kabam's fault for not making it easier to get rewards that were not quote-on-quote "intended".
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

That is obviously not true. If this were true, the first two arcade events wouldn't exist. The 32 tickets were given to provide plenty enough tickets to complete both cards even if you chose to do the easier events with some to spare. It *also* provided an avenue for players to get more rewards if they played efficiently.

Plus, I am genuinely amazed that people are calling this event "convoluted." I always thought I was a fairly smart person, but if this event was confusing I have an IQ of fifty thousand.

Every card takes 30 stamps to fill. The maximum number of stamps you can get doing the hardest event is 3 per ticket. You get 32 tickets. So that's 96 stamps. That's enough to fill three cards. There's only two of each difficulty card (one in the first two weeks, one in the second) so if you choose to shoot for the max rewards you have to fill two cards of your chosen difficulty and one card of a lower difficulty. You do that by doing ten runs in the first two weeks, then ten more in the next two weeks, then ten more of the lower difficulty. That's 90 stamps with 2 extra.

If on top of that you also want to shoot for the Cavalier objective, then you have to get 80 Legendary stamps. So that's 10 runs of Legendary, plus another 10 runs of Legendary (which fills both Legendary cards), plus 7 more runs to reach 81 Legendary stamps. You now have five stamps left, which is enough to fill half of the Epic card (15 stamps).

*This* is what qualifies for a complicated and convoluted event in a mobile game? This is a problem that would not have stumped me in the second grade.

I can understand people making slip ups. Losing track of which run they were on and doing one too many Legendary because they zoned out. But mistakes are a part of games. I accidentally miss parries and die sometimes. I don't think I should get a do-over on the fight because everyone makes mistakes, because that would trivialize the game. If we trivialize extremely simple game mechanics like "count tokens" and "enter the right map" then it makes those mechanics pointless, because those are the rock bottom easiest ones that can exist, and the game becomes a lot more boring because we can't do anything that might require a moment's thought.
    Wow man how can you type that much and never realize that this much explanation is exactly what makes it over complicated lol.

Just be honest, this was not well executed. Same with how they let people screw up their Christmas presents. I understand that there was a way to do this without missing rewards. What I’m not understanding is why they gave us a way to fail here that seems likely to annoy their customers. That clearly happened if you look at how many people were confused.

And if you can’t explain why it wasn’t complicated without that wall of text, then it’s complicated.
    Don't worry. Even if they dumb it down, the community will find a way to screw it up. Remember mutant island? We can't even be responsible enough not to exploit.
    Honestly, it wasn't as convoluted as people are making it out to be.

You get your card, then pick a difficulty to target. Play whatever quest you want, just make sure it's the same difficulty. Bam, you get your intended rewards. You literally could've run any quest.

16*2=32. That's enough for 1 objective. You do that again the 3rd week and you get your full rewards.

I don't see how that's convoluted at all.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    For all of the guys saying tough luck if you missed the wrong room I hope you know majority of you all that did it right wouldn't be able to catch my account rating or prestige if I stopped playing for 6 months minimum so I don't really care if you "did it right" my response was for Kabam to read and not you. Can't stand when players that aren't end game try to advise me what I should be worried about.

One accidental legendary click one time shouldn't exclude me from 2k 6 star shards, that is not good game design.
    edited January 2021

For all of the guys saying tough luck if you missed the wrong room I hope you know majority of you all that did it right wouldn't be able to catch my account rating or prestige if I stopped playing for 6 months minimum so I don't really care if you "did it right" my response was for Kabam to read and not you. Can't stand when players that aren't end game try to advise me what I should be worried about.

One accidental legendary click one time shouldn't exclude me from 2k 6 star shards, that is not good game design.

I'll take that bet.
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★

As the title says a bit more tokens could be great in the side quest event specially will a lot of us got misleaded with the Questes choosing to play the first quest ..

the thing is it is not even listed inside the choosing team screen ( cheeking rewards that you get only 2x tokens in the first 2 questes)

there was no way to khnow about that instead of reading the forum post

And even tough making 3 questes and force everyone to play the 3rd is awkward why just not make one from the first place ?

it's not like the quest rewards makes up for the objectifs .

So ..

11K 6* shards isn't enough even though it's the most ever given in a side quest ever?

Don't get me wrong as I am no fan of this side quest format. I think the rewards are way more than the effort it takes to get them. I just don't think you need to look down on these rewards.
    I understand the frustration though. Unless you knew already (wasn’t stated anywhere in game) u know. The game u go to play the game. That 2/3 of the quests gave less rewards (tokens) even if u do the highest difficulty in all of them. I feel bad for people that didn’t do EXTENSIVE research on this months side quest. Hope these RESEARCH side events go away bc it’s wayyyy to difficult for only a 30 day event. And next month you’ll have to forget all U learned and learn a whole new one. It’s absurd to be honest they went as far as they did to confuse people. Maliciousness or incompetence. Which one was it bc both aren’t ok for a side event
    MetalJake said:

As the title says a bit more tokens could be great in the side quest event specially will a lot of us got misleaded with the Questes choosing to play the first quest ..

the thing is it is not even listed inside the choosing team screen ( cheeking rewards that you get only 2x tokens in the first 2 questes)

there was no way to khnow about that instead of reading the forum post

And even tough making 3 questes and force everyone to play the 3rd is awkward why just not make one from the first place ?

it's not like the quest rewards makes up for the objectifs .

So ..

11K 6* shards isn't enough even though it's the most ever given in a side quest ever?

Don't get me wrong as I am no fan of this side quest format. I think the rewards are way more than the effort it takes to get them. I just don't think you need to look down on these rewards.
    I understand the frustration though. Unless you knew already (wasn’t stated anywhere in game) u know. The game u go to play the game. That 2/3 of the quests gave less rewards (tokens) even if u do the highest difficulty in all of them. I feel bad for people that didn’t do EXTENSIVE research on this months side quest. Hope these RESEARCH side events go away bc it’s wayyyy to difficult for only a 30 day event. And next month you’ll have to forget all U learned and learn a whole new one. It’s absurd to be honest they went as far as they did to confuse people. Maliciousness or incompetence. Which one was it bc both aren’t ok for a side event
    Accidental clicks once or twice, sure, those are frustrating. As a community, most people jump head first into stuff before understanding how something works. See it all the time with node combos from EQ. Most of the frustration is self inflicted.

Imagine resorting to saying "my account is better so your opinion is irrelevant" instead of actually acknowledging the opposing argument...just sayin'...
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    The only thing that could have been confusing was the fact that mutant gave 3 and the others gave 2.

I recall in the first days before and during launch there were multiple threads explaining how to get the max rewards. If it truly was confusing, you would have logged onto the forums and seen those threads or at least the announcement that said where the stamps were. It was you blindly going into the SQ without bothering to figure out what you should have done, and you got burned for it.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,234 ★★★★
    I don't care what everyone says about the event being complicated or convoluted. I'ts about it being repetitive. Hell, i've played it on repeat so many times that I feel like I've played whole runs on standby mode. That's the reason I misclicked on my second to last run today and only noticed on rogue that I was on legendary difficulty.

Just saying, this event is super repetitive and boring. This makes it easier for people to miclick, and with rewards as good as these you can be sure people will be salty.

Like I am right now, thanks for coming to my ted talk.

I'll take that bet.
    I said majority not all. Read bruh
    Zan0 said:

Hahahaha talk about being delusional
    Delusional how?
    edited January 2021

Imagine resorting to saying "my account is better so your opinion is irrelevant" instead of actually acknowledging the opposing argument...just sayin'...
    That was the point of my post. To let you know that this is a Kabam request so yes your point is irrelevant. Not hard to understand. Unless you have the power to give me another token and we both know you don't.

That was the point of my post. To let you know that this is a Kabam request so yes your point is irrelevant. Not hard to understand. Unless you have the power to give me another token and we both know you don't.
    And I'm telling you why your request is irrelevant. Not too hard to understand either. Cope.