**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How'd the Grandmaster treat you?

First time Grandmaster attempter here. Not going to lie, this fight is.....interesting? Sometimes it's fun, other times it sucks. I understand how to fight it but my skill for it is...all over the place. Mind you, this is for initial completion.

Some rounds I can knock a good chunk of damage off and other rounds it's like, "Why did I even waste those 100 units for a team revive". Needless to say, I have the GM at 52%. First phase was easiest of course and this 2nd phase is tricky. Sometimes I'll be able to hit all 5 challenges and other times I only hit maybe 1-2 and then get wrecked. My team consists of a 5*R5 Doom, 5*R5 CapIW, 5*R5 Colossus, 5*R5 Hit Monkey and a 5*R5 Claire(brought her for the Opportunist path-Should've replaced her with Heimdall). I've used about 3-400 units thus far in team revives so I hope not too much more.

Please tell me how your Grandmaster experience went the first time and make me feel better about these units spent!

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    I'm too busy struggling on 6.3 Medusa
  • TwistedTalentzTwistedTalentz Posts: 224

I really enjoyed the fight, took a team revive for the first phase (Yes I know) but was able to solo the rest. Its all about how fast you can adapt to the fight, once you get used to completing the second phases prompts you will get through it, you may kinda hate the 3rd phase if ur not good against inverted controls tho, cap IW was who I used for 2nd and 3rd phase and his perfect block was clutch, I didn't bother too much with the inverted controls and just reparried and dashed forward (Back).

This is what I'm most nervous for tbh lol. I just got him down to 35% on my break with 1 team revive. I'm still hit or miss with the challenges but I really am enjoying it when I'm not getting frustrated with it. Just tired of spending units lol. But this 3rd phase is definitely going to be something else. I can't wait until it's over
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    It was really easy until the 30% phase and then he started just not throwing specials and heavy spamming
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021

I am too stucked there

It was really easy until the 30% phase and then he started just not throwing specials and heavy spamming

I'm actually starting to run into this myself and I'm right around the 30% mark. My skill is subpar so that might be why I'm struggling as well
  • tfdrp2tfdrp2 Posts: 49
    It sucked, but I got through it eventually. Tried 3 different times. 3d time was when I brought Aegon and was able to beat him. The part that mostly sucked for me was when the challenges popped up under my right thumb and I missed what I was supposed to do..... I won't mention the dropped inputs, etc since that is just normal at this point.

I unfortunately don't remember my counter for Dusa. I would think it was Doom but I have no idea
    tfdrp2 said:

It sucked, but I got through it eventually. Tried 3 different times. 3d time was when I brought Aegon and was able to beat him. The part that mostly sucked for me was when the challenges popped up under my right thumb and I missed what I was supposed to do..... I won't mention the dropped inputs, etc since that is just normal at this point.

Ah see that must have been nice to have Aegon. I unfortunately don't have him so I've got to use other sources. I see exactly what you're talking about though, I always wonder when the challenges are going to pop up. I feel as if it takes forever especially after the start of the fight when he's angry or whatever it is lol
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,182 ★★★★★
    He played games with me

He played games with me

Agreed, all those challenges. That's a lot of games smh.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    I did it with the team of doom,warlock,hyperion,stealthy.
    I was trying to intercept in the first phase but the grandmaster became so passive that he destroyed my warlock and stealthy. Then I decided to play it slow and bait sp1 and gain competence. I was also getting clipped by the sp1s first ray. This happened to me for 3-4 times. Though I then learned the timing of dexing the sp1 and I didn't mess up afterwards.
    In the second phase it took less revives than the first phase and it was faster too. I completed the challenges and it was much smoother than the first phase.
    In the 3rd phase I tripped up whenever inverted controls came up. I decided to focus on only reviving doom and using him and he worked a charm and I also got used to the inverted controls with him. Sometimes in the wounded phase I was dashing back instead of attacking due to inverted controls. I ended it with a sp2 in the wounded phase.
    Then the last 1% I was ready to intercept like hell and I intercepted 1-2 times but then he understood what I was doing as he had also seen the videos on YouTube. So he hit me and then I decided to just back off and finish it in the uncool way of waiting out the infuriated phase and then popped sp3. I took a very embarrassing screenshot too.
    In the end it was a very hilarious boss which had no bad nodes and thus induced mistakes from the player's side.

I was trying to intercept in the first phase but the grandmaster became so passive that he destroyed my warlock and stealthy. Then I decided to play it slow and bait sp1 and gain competence. I was also getting clipped by the sp1s first ray. This happened to me for 3-4 times. Though I then learned the timing of dexing the sp1 and I didn't mess up afterwards.
    In the second phase it took less revives than the first phase and it was faster too. I completed the challenges and it was much smoother than the first phase.
    In the 3rd phase I tripped up whenever inverted controls came up. I decided to focus on only reviving doom and using him and he worked a charm and I also got used to the inverted controls with him. Sometimes in the wounded phase I was dashing back instead of attacking due to inverted controls. I ended it with a sp2 in the wounded phase.
    Then the last 1% I was ready to intercept like hell and I intercepted 1-2 times but then he understood what I was doing as he had also seen the videos on YouTube. So he hit me and then I decided to just back off and finish it in the uncool way of waiting out the infuriated phase and then popped sp3. I took a very embarrassing screenshot too.
    In the end it was a very hilarious boss which had no bad nodes and thus induced mistakes from the player's side.

Congrats! I feel as if I've had most of my success with Doom. He hits most of the challenges for me and when I get GM in the wounded phase he seems to do most damage aside from monke. In that last 1% all you've got to do is hit an SP3 right?
    Side note: love the youtube joke lol

Congrats! I feel as if I've had most of my success with Doom. He hits most of the challenges for me and when I get GM in the wounded phase he seems to do most damage aside from monke. In that last 1% all you've got to do is hit an SP3 right?
    Side note: love the youtube joke lol
    No need to congratulate me. This happened a while ago. I have to congratulate you when you complete it.
    In the last 1% you have to intercept and two hits and then back off and repeat.
    I am good with jokes.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

I am too stucked there
    I just completed 6.3.1 now using the continue? coins. Forgot I had Archangel and was trying to use 6 star r1 Squirrel Girl and unlevelled r4 Warlock. Time to struggle 6.3.2 Nick Fury for whom my only counter is Colossus and I can't run any of his synergies.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Horrible fight, stressful, no idea what I need to do next. Spend like 800 units on him - never want to fight him again. No thank you.
  • Annihilator13_Annihilator13_ Posts: 309 ★★
    Same thing man....right now I'm stuck on Grand master with 15% health on him.
    At first I didnt understand the first phase.played as a dumb..later I get it but spent 200 units for the first phase only
    Then second phase, it was really great and easy my doom did a great work on second path spend 120 units
    And now third phase, it is not hard coz I have r4 professor x he is immune to inverse controls but having a little bit of trouble coz he didnt activate is so1 he goes to sp2...other than that it was easy....
    I'll let you know once I did with that remaining 15%..
    Good luck for you man

Same thing man....right now I'm stuck on Grand master with 15% health on him.
    At first I didnt understand the first phase.played as a dumb..later I get it but spent 200 units for the first phase only
    Then second phase, it was really great and easy my doom did a great work on second path spend 120 units
    And now third phase, it is not hard coz I have r4 professor x he is immune to inverse controls but having a little bit of trouble coz he didnt activate is so1 he goes to sp2...other than that it was easy....
    I'll let you know once I did with that remaining 15%..
    Good luck for you man

Good luck bud! I tried to watch some videos on it but I wasn't really understanding all the phases but now it makes complete sense while I play it lol. Hopefully I reach third phase here on my lunch break. I'd love to finish him off. Definitely keep me updated on how it goes with the last 15%! Are you close to a r3? @Annihilator13_
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    First time is always the hardest, but it will continue to get easier and you will enjoy the fight.
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    It was smooth sailing until 30% and then it was crazy. He just wouldn't throw specials and very passive aggressive AI. I even made a post on it to lament about it. Apparently his AI isn't very supportive either. Defeating him sure is worth it tho. Beating an elder butt has a different satisfaction about it.
    Sigh. This last 30% blows so much. 3 team revives and he's down from 35% to 18% all because I got lucky and hit an SP2 with Hit Monkey. Was never able to get him into Wounded mode until then. Then of course has reverse effects on. Guy is just milking me, Damnit

The fight was way to chaotic for me, had trouble keeping track on what move was banned and just couldn't get the parry/intercept window right. Ended up using 45 revives on the fight, had no units or revives left when my Prof X, my last surviving champ, dealt the finishing blow.
    Soo far the Grandmaster is the worst encounter in game for me.

Completely agree with you on that one. I think I'd have a bit easier time if I brought Heimdall but for the most part I have the right counters just playing like poo and losing track of things. I won't try him again for quite some time lol
  • BuckyBruhBuckyBruh Posts: 453 ★★★
    It was great. But one of the worst things that happened was that i had a intercept mission, he's close to 2 bars and won't use his sp1, pinned me to the wall. Yikes.
    Also, i haven't used units. Only 20% revives. If i had enough health, i feel like i could have avoided a lot of revives. Some revival fights were like, go into fight, get hit bymistake and die. Some cases, because of the low health, can't eat the sp1 damage when i mess up. Happened in phase 3 tho haha. But it's my first try, no problem !
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    I would have appreciated flowers afterwards.

Dr. Zola
    Junais said:

It was great. But one of the worst things that happened was that i had a intercept mission, he's close to 2 bars and won't use his sp1, pinned me to the wall. Yikes.
    Also, i haven't used units. Only 20% revives. If i had enough health, i feel like i could have avoided a lot of revives. Some revival fights were like, go into fight, get hit bymistake and die. Some cases, because of the low health, can't eat the sp1 damage when i mess up. Happened in phase 3 tho haha. But it's my first try, no problem !

It's great that you haven't used any units. He's gradually pissing me off. Literally about to blow through 2200 units because I can't consistently get him into wounded. Clearly don't have the skill to play this guy

Junais said:

It's great that you haven't used any units. He's gradually pissing me off. Literally about to blow through 2200 units because I can't consistently get him into wounded. Clearly don't have the skill to play this guy
    Revive only one tanky champ. Don't revive all of them.