**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should I become Thronebreaker?

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
It finally happened... and of course it’s on my weakest class...

For those of you who are Thronebreaker, should I rank up one of these champions (most likely Morningstar)? It’s the age old question of “should I rank up a champion I won’t use to become Thronebreaker.”

Should I become Thronebreaker? 120 votes

Do it - it’s definitely worth it
75%
winterthurdanielmathRaganatorTheManMythLegendAzKicker316TerraSungjWardenclockYoMovesKabiraz77MasterduxLilMaddogHTHendrossMenkentBrokenRasiloverStrikerrx8Moosetiptronic10or_StrongScopeotoe987 90 votes
It’s a judgement call - I’d say wait since you could form a class next month that you’ll be happier with
20%
DrZolaGK_23ScholiaMoudouRookiieIvarTheBonelessCowboyschamploo1Honaway_23DeaconSarvanga1_Thoye3Ken1378Ben_15455Prakhar_82AdokHoitadoCloudwalkerTRDSJBHJ12345___CowabungaHSS75 24 votes
It’s not worth it until you have a worthy champion
5%
Haji_SaabLuke9523O_Deadpool_OSuss_WizzardFritoPlayZippy_halligan 6 votes
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Which champs?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Ms, yeah I’d probably go for it
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Drax isn't that good tbh
  • tfdrp2tfdrp2 Posts: 49
    edited January 2021
    Do it.... if you get good pulls from the TB daily and other TB "stuff" you will have multiple R3 over the year. If you wait for the perfect/better champ, you may miss out on "stuff". Also, if you do it after the beginning of the month (happened to me) you have to wait until the next month for the TB calendar.
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Sorry those are my champs
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    oh i think ms is defo worth it
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    @will-o-wisp

You would say Morningstar, right?
  • Soulreaver42Soulreaver42 Posts: 46
    Morningstar is worth r3 even if it's nor for Thronebreaker. Definitely rank her up.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    It’s a judgement call - I’d say wait since you could form a class next month that you’ll be happier with
    Bro you want to rank up Morningstar when there is EBONY MAW. Don’t underestimate the power of the Maw! Rank up Maw, many will agree with me

Go with Morningstar dude
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    By the way go with the option I chose only if your are VERY close to forming another good one. Otherwise rank Maw up
    jk again
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Do it! Although the daily crystals aren't always tip prizes, you're easily picking up at least something like 1/2 of a t4cc a day or a few thousand 5* shards. That adds up fast overtime so you can rank others faster. And with the side event rewards, calendar, etc, you're looking at 20-25% random t5cc shards a month plus whatever you snag from the daily crystal at times. It adds up overtime and if any pay or unit deals drop, you'll have access to them too. MS is a fine R3 champ. You really want to wait several more months for another "possible" champ which may or may not come? I have opened up 33x 6* champs and still don't have a single skill champ! How's that for luck? Good thing my t5cc was tech, cause if it had been skill, I'd be raging mad.

Now, imagine, how much extra t4cc, 5* shards, t5cc shards and occasional amazing daily drops you will get in the next 2-3 months and how that will help you R2 another couple 6* or r5 another couple 5* or get you closer to your next R3.. which I'm assuming is still your goal? You'll just be getting there faster and you're not ranking up a scrub champ either.
  • Do it - it’s definitely worth it
    Morningstar is worth ranking up let alone just for the title, absolutely savage in incursions too.
  • Aaronc94Aaronc94 Posts: 221 ★★
    Rank up Morningstar, u won't regret it, u will get easier access to t5cc and daily crystals can surprise you sometimes
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    Aaronc94 said:

Rank up Morningstar, u won't regret it, u will get easier access to t5cc and daily crystals can surprise you sometimes

This is a good description of the daily.

Translation: don’t do it for the daily.

Dr. Zola
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    @DrZola

Just FYI, I've been tracking my TB dailies, and here's the current summary for my last 91 crystals (i've actually opened 100, but for certain data purity reasons I am not counting the first nine):

91 crystals isn't a ton of data, but I can see hints of the numbers converging on "likely" percentages. For example it does kind of seem like about 25% of the crystals contain T4B (crystals or fragments), 25% contain T4CC, 25% contain T2A, 15% contain T5B, and the rest is the rest. Those numbers "feel" like they could be what the designer was aiming for approximately, so I'm assuming my pulls are not wildly off the actual designed statistical drop rates.

If so, then the question becomes: how long should you wait for a "better" pull to R3, based on the opportunity cost. Waiting three months for a better pull could cost something on the order of:

17.5 T4B
    16 T4CC
    6.75 T2A
    1.4 T5B
    0.3 T5CC
    10k 5* shards
    40 units

Honestly, I don't even remember what the drops were for the Cav daily so I can't calculate the difference, but my recollection was it was nowhere near. Is that pile of rewards enough for me to rank up Iron Fist to r3? Nope. But is it high enough for me to rank up Morningstar? If it was me, you betcha.

Of course if you hate Morningstar and refuse to play her, that should be a (negative) factor but if you're even just ambivalent about Morningstar, I would recommend ranking up. She's not the best mystic to r3, but I would consider her a very strong candidate for first rank up.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

@DrZola

Just FYI, I've been tracking my TB dailies, and here's the current summary for my last 91 crystals (i've actually opened 100, but for certain data purity reasons I am not counting the first nine):

91 crystals isn't a ton of data, but I can see hints of the numbers converging on "likely" percentages. For example it does kind of seem like about 25% of the crystals contain T4B (crystals or fragments), 25% contain T4CC, 25% contain T2A, 15% contain T5B, and the rest is the rest. Those numbers "feel" like they could be what the designer was aiming for approximately, so I'm assuming my pulls are not wildly off the actual designed statistical drop rates.

If so, then the question becomes: how long should you wait for a "better" pull to R3, based on the opportunity cost. Waiting three months for a better pull could cost something on the order of:

17.5 T4B
    16 T4CC
    6.75 T2A
    1.4 T5B
    0.3 T5CC
    10k 5* shards
    40 units

Honestly, I don't even remember what the drops were for the Cav daily so I can't calculate the difference, but my recollection was it was nowhere near. Is that pile of rewards enough for me to rank up Iron Fist to r3? Nope. But is it high enough for me to rank up Morningstar? If it was me, you betcha.

Of course if you hate Morningstar and refuse to play her, that should be a (negative) factor but if you're even just ambivalent about Morningstar, I would recommend ranking up. She's not the best mystic to r3, but I would consider her a very strong candidate for first rank up.

10k 6* shards probably has like a 0.01% drop rate
  • HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,108 ★★★
    And also a couple of features in thronebreaker aren't yet in the game
    DNA3000 said:

@DrZola

17.5 T4B
    16 T4CC
    6.75 T2A
    1.4 T5B
    0.3 T5CC
    10k 5* shards
    40 units

Thanks for the data - I truly appreciate it! I think I’ll wait for the level up event and take her up to rank 3. She really is a frustrating champion to ramp up and in her unawakened state she seems to rely heavily on the mephisto/Guilotine synergy to get her souls faster. At 5 souls, she’s good but she’s definitely not a at a Corvus or Aegon level when they’re ramped up. However, I may never pull a 6 star Doom or a better mystic than Morningstar so I think this is the probably the best bet before the new month begins.

• MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    As someone with 5/65 Ms, 5/65 aegon and 2/35 6* corvus and I run suicides... Ms at 5 souls is better than corvus at 4 charges and very close to aegon at sub 500 combo. She is certainly substantially more sustainable, even with suicides and willpower giving corvus heals.

I have a 6* Ms as well and if my first t5cc is mystic in another month, then will be first.

At 5 souls she is an almost unparalleled monster.

Don't get me wrong, there is just about better pure damage, defo better healing, better nullify and better power control, but for all 3 it's her or bwcv.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    Oh and Brian just rank 3 his as his 4th rank 3, admittedly for prestige but I bet he will use her a lot.
    DNA3000 said:

@DrZola

17.5 T4B
    16 T4CC
    6.75 T2A
    1.4 T5B
    0.3 T5CC
    10k 5* shards
    40 units

That’s useful data.

I think the dailies were oversold as game changers. Nice to have, but not mind-blowing in my opinion.

If I take your stats and divide by 3, it boils down to mostly a batch of T4b and T4c with an occasional shard T2a or T5b monthly.

I still think MS is worthy of R3 unawakened, and the OP appears to agree. We agree that’s a smart decision.

But I also think it’s helpful to dispute the notion that a bad R3 is worth it to unlock all the TB rewards. MS is by far not a bad R3; but the TB benefits, as they stand today, don’t justify being hell-bent on just any R3.

Good example of what the forums should be used for—helpful discussion, advice, and debate.

Dr. Zola

DNA3000 said:

@DrZola

17.5 T4B
    16 T4CC
    6.75 T2A
    1.4 T5B
    0.3 T5CC
    10k 5* shards
    40 units

Thanks for the data - I truly appreciate it! I think I’ll wait for the level up event and take her up to rank 3. She really is a frustrating champion to ramp up and in her unawakened state she seems to rely heavily on the mephisto/Guilotine synergy to get her souls faster. At 5 souls, she’s good but she’s definitely not a at a Corvus or Aegon level when they’re ramped up. However, I may never pull a 6 star Doom or a better mystic than Morningstar so I think this is the probably the best bet before the new month begins.

Good call. There aren’t that many mystics I’d put ahead of MS anyway. Good luck!

Dr. Zola
    Always appreciate your input @DrZola! And thanks for the stats @DNA3000!